"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Comic books by European publishers

Reply to topic
Löba
Title: Who's scruffy looking?!
PostPosted: Oct 29 2007 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I browsed the whole section and couldn't find anything related to this...My question is, do any of you read comic books originally created in Europe? I'm thinking of works by authors such as Moebius, Bilal and Jodorowsky, but obviously there's a whole lot more. Many of these were greatly inspired by the magazine which survives in the USA with the name Heavy Metal.
Some of my favorite sagas include The Metabarons and The Technopriests (I hope the translation is right, had to look it up on Wikipedia Embarrassed )

Bore thy enemy to death before he has a chance to see what hit him. Such is the art of war.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Oct 29 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, I don't think most European comic books are readily available over here. My local comic book store only seems to have American comics, primarily Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and Image. There are a few other stores that stock manga because it's trendy, but I don't think I've ever seen a copy of 2000 AD in my entire life.

And you did get the names of those comics right. I just read up on them on Wikipedia, and Alejandro Jodorowsky seems like a really interesting guy. I'll have to see if I can reprint books of either of those.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Oct 30 2007 12:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in worse shape then Syd when it comes to finding non-american comics. Let me put it this way:

My local comic book shop is "Things From Another World." Which is owned by Mike Richardson. Who also happens to own Dark Horse Comics, whose world headquarters is right across the street.
Bouya
Title: Delinquent
PostPosted: Oct 30 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

The closest thing I've read to european comics are books by Taiyo Matsumoto, whose only connection to Europe is that he studied some art there and was influenced by it.
Reply to topic

Jump to: