"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
DIC to create DDR show for CBS Saturday Mornings

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: May 12 2006 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have to run, so read think and let your oppressed opinions free. I think ti's a neat idea, as cheesy as it may sound.

http://www.ztgamedomain.com/?rid=2412

RIP Hacker.

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 12 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well to be honest that idea is kinda dumb when in reality parents who do let there chidlren watch tv 24/7 hours of the day don't have or live in a safe haven where there children could freely go outside and play on the streets.

Like for instance my Uncles son was killed by a car when he ws riding his bike in the streets. Just slam and bam out of nowhere his only son.

Or how a single mother don't have a car so she is tirelessly walking up and down and breaks down from work.

How the Neighborhood kids are always fighting or yelling like crazy fools and fued between people.

Then again imagine walking on the same street where you live only to get attacked by a murder of people or be annoyed by the youngsters who use Fuck, pussy, gay, or bitch in every sentence.

Things like the above is the reason why most parents let there children watch endless tv and DDR the Game Show is not really going to make a diffrence in anybody lives.

Just like the "Stay in School and be cool" or "Just say no to Drugs" when the truth is most of the drug users, sellers, and drop outs are the ones that fills the space in parties.

I can see it now. The next generation of the Macarena.
S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: May 12 2006 01:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
Well to be honest that idea is kinda dumb when in reality parents who do let there chidlren watch tv 24/7 hours of the day don't have or live in a safe haven where there children could freely go outside and play on the streets.

Like for instance my Uncles son was killed by a car when he ws riding his bike in the streets. Just slam and bam out of nowhere his only son.

Or how a single mother don't have a car so she is tirelessly walking up and down and breaks down from work.

How the Neighborhood kids are always fighting or yelling like crazy fools and fued between people.

Then again imagine walking on the same street where you live only to get attacked by a murder of people or be annoyed by the youngsters who use Fuck, pussy, gay, or bitch in every sentence.

Things like the above is the reason why most parents let there children watch endless tv and DDR the Game Show is not really going to make a diffrence in anybody lives.

Just like the "Stay in School and be cool" or "Just say no to Drugs" when the truth is most of the drug users, sellers, and drop outs are the ones that fills the space in parties.

I can see it now. The next generation of the Macarena.

That's right kids, never forget that drug dealers, pedophiles, and unruly thugs with Tourette's are lurking around every corner! Don't worry about becoming a fat, lazy slob; watch TV until you can't think for yourself or get out of bed! Who needs exercise, safe neighborhoods, working parents, coherent posts, or people who have valid points to make? LONG LIVE TV!

Chrisby
PostPosted: May 12 2006 10:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well this topic sure went down the toilet in record time.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 13 2006 01:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like it's going to be the next generation's Soul Train/Solid Gold.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 14 2006 03:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

A Tv for show about a game pretty much made soley for jocks and regal sin was the first to post???? That has to be in the "double whammy" hall of fame

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 14 2006 04:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

DDR wasn't made solely for jocks...or at all for jocks. Wait a minute, how old are we all? Aren't we passed name calling and stereotyping? (I understand the irony and seeming hypocracy of this with my behaviour towards Regal, but he's clearly a special case)

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 14 2006 07:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
DDR wasn't made solely for jocks...or at all for jocks.

No, it was made for girls. Well, that's not true either. It was made for a Japanese audience, and the Japanese just happen to like all sorts of effeminate stuff.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 14 2006 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I just bought DDRX2 on Friday. It wasn't my fault though, it was on sale for 40% of the retail price, and it was at the same place that I bought Stuntman for $5. I r eally had no choice, I swear.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Gushoshin
Title: guardian of death
PostPosted: May 15 2006 04:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Brothers wrote:
Quote:
DDR wasn't made solely for jocks...or at all for jocks. Wait a minute, how old are we all? Aren't we passed name calling and stereotyping? (I understand the irony and seeming hypocracy of this with my behaviour towards Regal, but he's clearly a special case)

Quote:
No, it was made for girls. Well, that's not true either. It was made for a Japanese audience, and the Japanese just happen to like all sorts of effeminate stuff.

My Half-joke was about our local town. ONLY and i mean ONLY jocks play DDR. I have been a diehard gamer all my life. Didn't syd himself say that DDR players aren't welcome in the wonderful world of videogames?

And speaking of Syd, in a rare case i think he is wrong. Wasn't DDR made in South Korea? For south korean gamers originally?

At any rate, my main point is i only like real videogames. I Would Rather live in a would with Bubble Bobble and final fight than in a swamp of music games and "Area 51" hacks (another semi joke if you will)

Jeebus Wrote:
Quote:
Aren't we passed name calling and stereotyping?

A world without harmless namecalling is a world i would not want to be a part of!!!! Very Happy
Yes, i will submit to you, that not every person who plays DDR is a jock. Just the Un-holy majority.

Real videogames forever!!!!
Pac-Man Pac-Man Megaman Pac-Man 1-UP

Steve Gavazzi, Marc Green
Jon Sly! It's time to play... WHICH DOUCHEBAG SAID THIS????

"I'm curious -- which mountain climber was used in Cliff Hangers?"

Happy anniversary you fucking wankers!

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 15 2006 09:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

The South Korean game you would be thinking of would be Pump It Up, and maybe a few other series.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

DarkMaze
PostPosted: May 16 2006 09:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
The South Korean game you would be thinking of would be Pump It Up, and maybe a few other series.

Man, those Koreans, always ripping off the best of Japan...
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: May 18 2006 07:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like DDR mainly because it's the only exercise I get. I mean, I like sports, but they're hard to play by yourself and my friends don't really do much in that area.

Korea, Japan : Rome, Greece

(Is that how analogies are set up? I can't quite recall.)

RIP Hacker.

Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: May 18 2006 09:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Once, I got into a fight with a guy over DDR. In my hometown, there were two arcades, one in the bowling alley and one in the movie theatre. One of these had a DDR machine. So me, my girlfriend, my friend and his girlfriend all decide to go out for some DDR like cool dudes. We go to the arcade in the back of the bowling alley and find it all but abandoned. We fire up the old DDR, my friend is dancing first. I'm lined up behind him because I plan on going next. All the drunk hick retards who were bowling decided then would be a great time to simultaneously end their games of bowling and rush the aracde. Some drunk loser walks up to the DDR machine while I'm standing there, stands in front of me and goes "WHO'S NEXT? WHO WANTS TO GO NEXT?" I said, "I'll go next", thinking the idiot wanted to challenge me to a two-player dance-off, which I would happily oblige him. The guy turns and looks at me, coughs out a strained, lame-ass laugh in an attempt to brush me off, and goes, "You? I don't think so. No, you can't play. WHO WANTS TO GO NEXT?" I go actually, I've been waiting here in line, I'm next. Drunk idiot says to me, "I'll tell you what, if you go outside and you can still beat me, then you can play." I was like, um, that doesn't make any sense, how can I play against you at DDR if I'm outside? I explain to him that I'm next because I've been waiting to play next. The guy turns to me and goes, "I'VE BEEN HERE FOR FUCKIN' HOURS!". I told him the arcade was empty when we got here. The guy proceeds to theaten me himself and on behalf of his girlfriend, saying, "My girlfriend is gonna kick your ass, and I'm gonna kick your ass." I told him to go ahead and try, and get sent to jail (I was a minor at the time). Drunk idiot pushes me like a moron with no physical training, I step backwards into an arcade machine on wheels that rolls backwards about a quarter of a foot...I proceed to yell at the guy. I said, "What the fuck is your problem, you fuckin' prick! Yeah, you have a big dick because you're picking a fight in an arcade!" The idiots' girlfriend goes "NO NOT IN FRONT OF THE KIDS!", yelling at me, or him, I'm not sure. Anyway, the drunkard's girlfriend dragged him away before he did anything even stupider and they left the building.
Reply to topic

Jump to: