[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
"Trapped In The Closet" pulled from Comedy Central

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The infamous Scientology episode of South Park, "Trapped In The Closet", was scheduled to air Wednesday but didn't. Tom Cruise is currently denying rumors that he threated not to do publicity for Paramount's Mission: Impossible 3 if the episode aired again on TV. Since Viacom is the parent company of both Paramount and Comedy Central, it's a viable theory.

Matt and Trey responded with the following:

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for Earth has just begun!" the self-described "servants of the dark lord Xenu" said in a statement Thursday that does not mention Cruise. "Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies."

I recommend that SP fans download the episode, because who knows if it will ever make it to DVD.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Mar 18 2006 05:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Even people who haven't watched South Park since middle school.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 01:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The whole entire episode was dumb and aired on Comedy central. Pulling the episode is saying there is enough people out there that really believes in South Park. South Park is fake as Fake can be but the only thing South Park did wrong was put a big sign that said "This is what Sciencetologists really believe" in truth the whole episode was really boring and incompleted. There should have been a part II or a bit more after they went into we will sue you bit.

The problem is they never really finished the episode.

And I will pull out my gun...Now I am in the closet too...
Tebor
PostPosted: May 07 2006 02:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
The whole entire episode was dumb and aired on Comedy central. Pulling the episode is saying there is enough people out there that really believes in South Park. South Park is fake as Fake can be but the only thing South Park did wrong was put a big sign that said "This is what Sciencetologists really believe" in truth the whole episode was really boring and incompleted. There should have been a part II or a bit more after they went into we will sue you bit.

The problem is they never really finished the episode.

And I will pull out my gun...Now I am in the closet too...

Actually they pulled it, because scientology wanted it pulled. They are quite notorious for suing people. They did not believe that "South Park" is reality, aside from certain aspects of Scientology. Granted, some of the story they used for Scientology was changed. In the real mythology, hydrogen bombs were detonated to kill those poor frozen aliens.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

RegalSin
PostPosted: May 07 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So are saying they pulled the Part II or the original since the orginal was aired. Not kidding.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 08 2006 01:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

RegalSin wrote:
So are saying they pulled the Part II or the original since the orginal was aired. Not kidding.

If they showed "Trapped In The Closet" again, I guess they pulled it for just the one time that inspired this thread in the first place. There is no part two due to the shows wacky disregard of continuity. Unless you meant the episode where Chef left the show... That could be a part II in a sense.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 08 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

If they showed "Trapped In The Closet" again, I guess they pulled it for just the one time that inspired this thread in the first place. There is no part two due to the shows wacky disregard of continuity. Unless you meant the episode where Chef left the show... That could be a part II in a sense.

First of all, the epsiode didn't need a Part II nor did was it ever intended to have a Part II. The episode has a beginning, a middle, and an end. I don't know what more you wanted from it. Secondly, the show is actually very good with continuity, except for the whole Kenny dying thing.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: May 08 2006 02:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Tebor wrote:
RegalSin wrote:

First of all, the epsiode didn't need a Part II nor did was it ever intended to have a Part II. The episode has a beginning, a middle, and an end. I don't know what more you wanted from it. Secondly, the show is actually very good with continuity, except for the whole Kenny dying thing.

I didn't watch any other episodes of season 9, but Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny were clearly no longer Stan's friends by the end of the episode. How does Stan regain their friendship?

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 08 2006 02:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
I didn't watch any other episodes of season 9, but Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny were clearly no longer Stan's friends by the end of the episode. How does Stan regain their friendship?

That's completely irrelevant. Kids fight all the time, they're friends one day, enemies the next. At point in life, friendship tends to be based more on geographic location than on any sort of actual bond. The kids don't particularly like Cartman, but they continue to hang out with him, with different degrees of tolerance.
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 08 2006 04:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Can we make a new forum rule to NOT revive dead threads just to say something irrelevant/incoherant?I don't need to see the Saw 2 thread bumped in 3 months so some douchebag can say "this movie was gay" and nothing else.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: May 08 2006 05:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
Can we make a new forum rule to NOT revive dead threads just to say something irrelevant/incoherant?I don't need to see the Saw 2 thread bumped in 3 months so some douchebag can say "this movie was gay" and nothing else.

Or instead of demanding new rules, maybe we could reeeeeeeeeead the forum rules. Razz

7. Don't bump old topics for no reason.
Sooner or later, all threads die. That's just the way things go. When new members join the forums, there is inclination to jump into as many topics as possible. And while that is certainly encouraged, please do not revive threads that have been dead for a month or more unless you can contribute something new and interesting to the conversation. It is considered bad etiquette to revive old threads, especially topical ones.
Tebor
PostPosted: May 08 2006 07:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:

I'm sorry... it just takes me a long friggin' time to watch some movies...

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: May 08 2006 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's in the rules, Syd. I'm just ignoring rules regarding ad-hominem attacks.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Reply to topic

Jump to: