SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Stranger Things

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 25 2016 03:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's on Netflix, go watch it because it's amazing.

OK well if you aren't convinced, it's basically a love letter to the 80's WITHOUT being goofy, over the top, in your face with the "HEY GUYS IT'S THE 80'S!" kinda thing. It's just GOOD TV. It's good science fiction, it's good fantasy and it's a blast.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Aug 01 2016 09:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds neat, I will check it out soon!
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Aug 12 2016 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was really enjoying this series until the last episode, when they were in the science classroom and the periodic table on the wall was from this decade, and not from 1983. Ruined the whole show.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Aug 13 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

All of us at RD have been loving the show, and it's been getting a ton of love from pretty much everyone everywhere. This can only mean great things for communities like ours and Sydlexia.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Sep 01 2016 11:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

LOL Vald.

I dug it a lot. It was like a Stephen King novel made sweet, sweet love to an early Steven Spielberg movie while listening to the TRON soundtrack. That love child would be Stranger Things.

Most of the time it felt like a good tribute to those 80's movies, though sometimes it was almost a little too similar.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 16 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I've been hearing nothing but good things about this show, but I don't have Netflix. Do streaming exclusive shows ever get DVD releases after they've been on their respective streaming services for a sufficient amount of time, or am I essentially asking if paid-tier of Spotify gives you the option to 3D print a wax cylinder?
Preng
PostPosted: Oct 25 2016 06:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finally started watching, about halfway through. Very enjoyable so far, and the synth soundtrack is groovy!
Preng
PostPosted: Dec 11 2016 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finished the show some time ago, just now getting around to posting about it. I really dug it and found it to be very well-paced, eight episodes felt just right. David Harbour's performance as Jim Hopper was impressive, I really enjoyed his scenes.

It is interesting to hear that a second season is on the way. I'll check it out but I am hoping the quality remains high, and that they aren't overexhausting their creativity too soon.

Many folks on the internet have brought up how the Barb character was handled overall, and I pretty much agree with the sentiment.

LeshLush wrote:
Man, I've been hearing nothing but good things about this show, but I don't have Netflix. Do streaming exclusive shows ever get DVD releases after they've been on their respective streaming services for a sufficient amount of time, or am I essentially asking if paid-tier of Spotify gives you the option to 3D print a wax cylinder?

My best guess is that it's going to be a Netflix exclusive for a very long time, especially due to their increasing attention (and financial dedication) to creating original content. However, I could be wrong! Arrested Development season 4 is, to my memory, one of their first "original creations" and it was released on DVD (however, this may be because that show started on a TV network).

The show was released in July 2016. If you aren't seeing DVDs within a year, or before the release of season 2, I'd imply that it's going to remain exclusive to Netflix streaming.
sug
PostPosted: Jan 21 2018 03:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I was really enjoying this series until the last episode, when they were in the science classroom and the periodic table on the wall was from this decade, and not from 1983. Ruined the whole show.

lol
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 20 2018 11:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I still haven't seen either season but I know most of the details since EVERYONE talks about it... I might check it out sometime when I'm on the treadmill or something

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jun 26 2018 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was ok.

altronn
PostPosted: May 13 2019 06:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
Finally started watching, about halfway through. Very enjoyable so far, and the synth soundtrack is how to connect subwoofer to car!

Agree!
Grampa Fuddy
Title: Silly Hats Only
PostPosted: Jul 21 2019 01:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Having seen season 3, I can't help but notice how Alexei looks a lot like the AVGN.

"I don't like zoos. Awful." --Christopher Walken

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 23 2019 02:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I avoided this show for the longest time just because of the amount of hype it gets, but I marathoned the first two seasons over the last two weeks and now I'm on the second-to-last episode of Season 3. It's honestly one of the best TV shows I've ever seen, maybe the second-best ever after Breaking Bad. Like a melding of the Goonies and Silent Hill.

brellow
PostPosted: Jul 23 2019 07:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm resentful of its hype train, but my wife is watching the third season and I've seen the last five or six episodes and it is pretty well done. I probably won't go back and watch the earlier stuff, but I'd be way into the next season.

Photobucket

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jul 24 2019 12:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ignore the hype train. I'm honestly shocked that the show is as popular as it is given how good it is.

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jul 24 2019 02:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I really, really need to resub to Netflix and watch this don't I.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Dec 29 2021 05:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

By the time the next season comes out, I'll probably be retired. I'm guessing it will also probably be the last season of the show as well.

Reply to topic

Jump to: