Bands Whose Music You Could Listen To All Day

Reply to topic
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 20 2014 04:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Royksopp
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Dec 20 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

Iron Maiden! I knew I was forgetting someone important. I could listen to everything from their first album through No Prayer For The Dying, and Brave New World, over and over and over.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
LeshLush
PostPosted: Dec 22 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I put Grateful Dead in the shortlist I posted last summer, but that probably didn't make clear the extent of my disease. I have listened to multiple three hour Grateful Dead concerts in the same day. We're talking like nine hours of live Dead.

Back in college I once burned twelve CDs worth of noteworthy live versions of the song "Dark Star" in chronological order, spanning from 1968 to 1991, and listened to them all in a single day.

I do not pretend to believe that this is okay. Neither do I fight it.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Dec 23 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
I put Grateful Dead in the shortlist I posted last summer, but that probably didn't make clear the extent of my disease. I have listened to multiple three hour Grateful Dead concerts in the same day. We're talking like nine hours of live Dead.

Back in college I once burned twelve CDs worth of noteworthy live versions of the song "Dark Star" in chronological order, spanning from 1968 to 1991, and listened to them all in a single day.

I do not pretend to believe that this is okay. Neither do I fight it.

I had to endure five hours of China Cat Sunflower bootlegs when we were heading to see Phish in VT. Just China fucking Cat fucking Sunflower, over and over again with different jammy parts interspersed throughout. I won't hate on the Dead, but it was... pretty bad.

On a related note, though, I could listen to This Heat's "Deceit" album all day, especially Cenotaph.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 23 2014 03:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There was a period in my life (high school, early twenties) where I had binders upon binders of Grateful Dead stuff/bootlegs, I'm talking 100-130 cd's minimum. After a while, I made myself sick of them for life. I started playing music more which may had something to do with it, because the repetition was frying my brain worse than the pot I was smoking at the time.

I can take it all in small, small doses now but I could never go back to that state of mind.

maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 01:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nirvana
WASP
Metallica
Soundgarden
Green Day
just to name a few
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 03:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

View on YouTube

I like this video because it reminds me of the 90's every time I hear it and it also stars Kris Lexia as the beegirl.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:

View on YouTube

I like this video because it reminds me of the 90's every time I hear it and it also stars Kris Lexia as the beegirl.

One of the best songs/music videos of all time. Damn you heroin...
thenose_knows
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle wrote:
Iron Maiden! I knew I was forgetting someone important. I could listen to everything from their first album through No Prayer For The Dying, and Brave New World, over and over and over.

I absolutely love Iron Maiden (Blaze Bayley excluded). That break on 22 Acacia Avenue is one of the grooviest guitar lines I've ever heard in heavy metal. Pretty much all of Powerslave, as well. They lost me somewhere around Somewhere In Time, although I'm a fan of the title track from Fear of the Dark.

Cacophony, without a doubt. As much as I love Paul Gilbert and Eddie, I have to give credit where credit is due. Jason Becker was by far the greatest guitarist of the late 80's, and he and Marty put out some truly terrifying passages. It's a damn shame what happened with him and ALS, because he had a lot of talent. Thankfully he's retained his brilliance and still composes to this day with his eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_U-w0NpIYM
maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: May 12 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nirvana
Alice in Chains
The Megas
Motley Crue
Poison
Green Day
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Madonna
TLC
Bone Thugz n Harmony
Beach Boys
Whitney Houston
Yoko Kanno
Creedence Clearwater
Metallica

and so many more
Doddsino
PostPosted: Jul 07 2021 07:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probably Smashing Pumpkins...it's really really hard for me to skip a single track on any of their first 4 albums. Machine and beyond are still good, but I just don't seek that out as much.

There's numerous other albums that are just great from beginning to end, but i can't think of another band that carried that over from one album to the next. The only other example I can think of is RHCP with Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Mother's Milk.
JRA
PostPosted: Jun 20 2023 03:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

These days, The Smiths and Running Wild.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Reply to topic

Jump to: