SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Is the 80's of cartoonworld making a cheap comeback ?

Reply to topic
Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: Apr 30 2006 08:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed that a lot of old cartoon series like He-Man, Turtles and Transformers
have been redone is P.O.S style. One might think that within 20 years or so the animation would have been improved, but no. For example the new version of He-Man has some faggy looking longhaired bastard from cover of men's health posing as he-man. The old He-Man was MUCH more pleasant visually, with his bulky appearence and lame bowl haircut. Plus the new He-man characters are all skinny superficial bitches . The animation has degenerated to cheap fast produced shit. In old days when animations were done more or less by hand you could actually tell that the makers were concerned about the quality. Now its the same computer generated shit, bland and lifeless shit. How about voice acting ? I can't tell cuz the fuckers here DUB all of the cartoons.

Has anyone seen similiar pisspoor resurrected cartoons ?
RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 30 2006 09:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well you make a great point. Logicaly we are the parents now and should be able to stop people from doing this by simply mailing in to the network.

Say something like I am going to cancel my cable subscription to yuor channel
the fact your network material is no longer worth it. I will be bringing 500 hundred other people with me to cancel there subscription as well and they will bring 500 other people each.

You see if we did that we would could control any network on the air but then again people are too stupid and have the subscription.
Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: Apr 30 2006 11:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thing is that where I live we pay TV-fees. It's fucking rip-off system to pay up for parasite minority group of sweden speaking fucker so they can watch swedish programs.

Swedish speaking finns are below national minority definition ( 20% ). In fact they got pitiful number of 4.5% of population.

I swear to god. If I ever kill,rape,molest etc. ( or all ) anyone, I will pick someone who
belongs to this group or anyone who fucking thinks it's justified to rip off everyone so that tiny group of little shitsuckers can show off.
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 30 2006 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Eh, I got my favorite shows on DVD now to raise my hellions on. If the world wants to fuck up my childhood with shows like "The Batman", whatever. I still have the Bruce Timm series to make sure my kids get it right. There's a few more shows I'd like to see on DVD, but by the end of the decade, I expect to see them available.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 01 2006 02:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was concerned about why you'd complain about dubbing, then I realized you're not in the US so that is a valid concern. As for the animation quality, I for one feel that the new styles were better. Just go onto retrojunk.com and watch those intros over again. He-man and TMNT both suck (also, the newest TMNT series clings closer to the comic roots, just look over Baxter Stockman). Although with Transformers, they've basically gone to a different medium heavy on the CGI cel-shading, or at least that's what happenned around Energon/Cybertron. I was actually interested in the storyline they had going in this new TF era, but the voice work on Cybertron is abysmal. I can't stand Richard Cox (the English VA for Inuyasha) providing a cowboy-style dialect to an autobot.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: May 01 2006 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I do not like dubbing overall. Worst dubbing I have ever heard was on Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex. BARF
RegalSin
PostPosted: May 02 2006 06:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

GITS the movie or the animation. They never really worked on GITS:SAC animation that well and the real action is in the 2GIG. The second movie is more like bautos Tale and looks as if it continues after the movie.

Speaking of shows I just realize something. America found out that we don't need to be perfected like the Japanese all we need to do is run our advertments cartoons and the kids will watch the fact the parents are too ignorant and not smart to understand what kids watch. Then the parents who do let there children watch these abominations will watch almost anything.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: May 02 2006 03:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In Japan, companies will actually pay the animators of a show to draw in their product, like the beer in Evangelion that Misato loves so much. Hearing that made me imagine ideas like Chouji (Naruto) and Gluttony (Fullmetal Alchemist) fighting over red Jell-o because Chouji's hungry and Gluttony mistakes it for the philosopher's stone.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Juffo-Wup
PostPosted: May 02 2006 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Viva la capitalism!

Or some shit like that.

I'd rather burn out, than fade away

Reply to topic

Jump to: