"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
AK-47 Inventor Doesn't Lose Sleep

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Jul 08 2007 03:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

This was by far the weirdest pop up I ever received. Aren't pop ups supposed to be products and not news stories? I thought this was a hoax until the lack of intentional humor set me straight.

MOSCOW - Sixty years after the AK-47 went into production, Mikhail Kalashnikov says he does not stay awake at night worrying about the bloodshed wrought by the world's most popular assault rifle.

"I sleep well. It's the politicians who are to blame for failing to come to an agreement and resorting to violence," Kalashnikov said Friday at a ceremony marking the birth of the rifle, whose initials stand for "Avtomat Kalashnikov."

It was before he started designing the gun that he slept badly, worried about the superior weapons that Nazi soldiers were using with grisly effectiveness against the Red Army in World War II. He saw them at close range himself, while fighting on the front lines.

(continued)

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,141537,00.html

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jul 09 2007 02:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

i think darkmaze needs to do this:

He said he is proud of his bronze bust installed in his native village of Kurya in the Siberian region of Altai. He said newlyweds bring flowers to the bust.

"They whisper 'Uncle Misha, wish us happiness and healthy kids,'" he said. "What other gun designer can boast of that?"

Reply to topic

Jump to: