Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Feb 15 2021 08:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä
Psychedelic black metal
Bandcamp
Spotify
YouTube
Amazon

The first six minutes of Track 5 will tell you what you need to know. Track 4 is a close second.

This...was a very random discovery from two years back. It lies far, far outside of my normal musical preferences. But it is deeply mesmerizing, and resembles a custom horror soundtrack. I love it. While some sections of the album rely heavily on repetitive bars/notes, I feel it works well to build a sense of dread and unease, while moving towards more heavier climaxes.

Given my perception that most forumers' music tastes lie in hair bands and metal, if anyone gives this a listen, I'd be really interested in their thoughts!

I have no idea to this day what those Finnish boys were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so horrific, it can't expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it.

Jarkko "Korjak" Salo – drums
Ville "Evil" Leppilahti – percussion, keyboards, vocals
Toni "Ontto" Hietamäki – bass guitar, vocals
Juho "Jun-His" Vanhanen – vocals
Moit – guitars
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Sep 22 2023 09:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

F-Zero (1992 Arrangement)
Jazz fusion
YouTube

Anyone enjoying F-Zero 99’s recent release would do well to peek at this 1992 jazz fusion arrangement of the original F-Zero!

This is an interesting piece of art and business. It’s well-produced and everyone’s contributions are solid. But we have some big names in the mix: Robben Ford on guitar (he’s everywhere), Alex Acuña on drums and percussion (he’s also everywhere), and Marc Russo on saxophone (The Doobie Brothers, The Sims - let that combo sink in). What lead them to recording studios in Japan to record video game tunes? The answer’s probably money, but it feels odd and magical.

This should surprise nobody, but Big Blue is played masterfully here, and is your quickest way to knowing if you’ll like the album. But, I have to encourage you to also check out Select Time Theme. On the SNES, this was the definition of background music; but here, it’s a fresh take with excellent improvisation!

I also really dig Fire Field and White Land. Truly worth a listen.

Reply to topic

Jump to: