[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Apparently I own the rarest PS2 game

Reply to topic
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jun 26 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I bought this new 10 years ago while I was stationed in England. I remember at the time hearing that it was banned in Europe but they had a copy for sale on base. I remember it was the only copy too so I bought it. The taboo of buying a game in a country that the game was banned in was just too irresistible. I never would have bought it otherwise. I'm glad I did though because today I decided to check the value on some old games and every source says this is the rarest PS2 game. Not bad for a system with about 4000 games.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 26 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I also own this one which is in the top 10. I laugh at Game Stop's 16.99 sticker.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jun 27 2016 06:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hot damn. I've heard Rule of Rose is a bit flawed (fantastic storyline, crap gameplay, etc.) but as a survival horror buff, I've always wanted to play both, but have never had the chance due to both costing an obscene amount of money.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 28 2016 12:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rule of Rose's gameplay requires a steep adjustment to the crap factor but once you get into it, it's a pretty good game. I never have finished The Haunting though, it's far more about escaping and hiding which just isn't my cup of tea. Strangely enough I loved Silent Hill Shattered Memories which I also have on PS2.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 28 2016 08:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think one of the rarest games I've owned was the PS-X version of Dragon Quest VII.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Cameron
PostPosted: Jun 28 2016 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If I remember correctly, The Haunting is that game that was supposed to be the next Clock Tower game but Capcom lost the rights or something and then it became Totally-Not-Clock-Tower-As-Brought-To-You-By-Capcom, so that would make sense that it's just about running and hiding.

I think the rarest game I own is probably either Demon's Crest or Earthbound, both on SNES.

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Sep 16 2016 04:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't like buying disc only copies of games, but I found Haunting Ground for 10 bucks so I grabbed it because it looks kind of interesting and there's no way I'll be playing this game otherwise as it's too expensive for a decent copy.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 16 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure what the rarest game I own is. Maybe Aero Fighters for the SNES, which I was lucky enough to snag for 50 cents at a Rose's in 2003.
Milhouse
PostPosted: Oct 05 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have DuckTales 2 on NES, Megaman 7 and Ogre Battle on SNES. Those are probably my most expensive games. I have a feeling Syd's list and a few others have contributed to what is considered a valuable game. Like Pocky and Rocky, Earthbound and EVO costing a ridiculous amount of money.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Mar 18 2019 11:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I own Hagane for SNES (with box and manual in a very good condition) and apparently it's pretty rare (last time i checked around 400-500 dollar).
I just randomly bought it from a gamestore for little money some years ago.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

willwarner
PostPosted: Apr 14 2019 03:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

As far as the exterior house painting cost Calgary is concerned, you have nothing to worry about as the company offers you wonderful results at cost-effective prices. As a result, not only your house looks more attractive but you spend a lot of bucks as well. You will get to receive a written proposal that is detailed and personalized clearly outlining your services as well as the overall cost of the paint job.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: May 06 2019 06:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

Years back I randomly stumbled across an article about the top ten most valuable PS1 games. Reading the article, I discovered I owned 7 out of 10. The next day, I took those 7 PS1 games to my local game store. (Private owned, not Gamestop.) I told the clerk I wanted to trade these games for a Xbox 360, extra controller, and a few games. He looked at me like I was insane. He then started looking up the current prices. He actually started laughing by the time he was half way done. Once he finished the inventory, he informed me that I had over $500 worth of store credit.

That was fun.

(No. I don't regret not keeping them. I play games to enjoy them, not to stare at on my shelf. Plus, by the time I traded them all in, PS1 emulation was already near-perfect, so I could still play them if I wanted to.)
Cameron
PostPosted: May 07 2019 01:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

I traded in Panic Restaurant on the NES to a chain used game store and they gave me around $200 in store credit. I don't regret my decision because I never thought the game was that big of a deal.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: May 08 2019 01:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, you own Metal Gear Solid 3: Special Anal Sex Espionage Missions?

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Reply to topic

Jump to: