SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The new wave of technology is coming....

Reply to topic
JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: May 03 2013 09:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Both of these sound very exciting right now and really seem to be exploring the possibility of what gaming could be like in the future.

Here is Microsoft's Illumiroom:
http://mashable.com/2013/05/01/microsoft-illumiroom-video/

And the Oculus Rift:
http://mashable.com/2013/05/03/oculus-rift-demo-video/

I know it's too early to tell how much of an impact, if any, these will have on the gaming industry but I'm delighted that they are taking these steps in a different direction from the norm.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: May 04 2013 09:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

"The IllumiRoom might just project visual effects outside of the TV space: like lightning bolts or explosions. It can also extend the field of view of the game to encompass the whole wall."

That sounds annoying and distracting. It's technical marvel, to be sure, and I think I'd enjoy that sort of thing in a more passive experience, like say an action movie, but not in an interactive one.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
LeshLush
PostPosted: May 04 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Oculus Rift is everything I ever fantasized about as a nine-year-old. My only wish is that I could go back in time with one and play with it as a young child. I cannot imagine how magical it will be for the children of future generations to put on a similar gadget for the first time and look around at future Hyrule Field.
JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: May 04 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it would have been even more of a marvel for us when we were kids considering we grew up without all the fancy HD games. Kids these days are spoiled...

You just got me excited bringing up the possibility of seeing Hyrule Field through those babies. I can't even imagine what it would be like to feel like you're actually standing there right in the middle of it.

The Oculus Rift definitely sounds like the more exciting of the two in my opinion.
Vert1
PostPosted: May 04 2013 08:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Virtual fireplace (Wii) and now virtual room (Xbox 4). Yes, we have arrived.

The Oculus Rift bothers me. I thought we had gotten away from Virtual Boy machine-to-face attachment. Makes me think they're going to put me in a dark vat of water.

netEmma
PostPosted: Apr 18 2019 11:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Its really helpful for me
Reply to topic

Jump to: