"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Donald Trump running for president.

Reply to topic
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 25 2018 01:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was never a politically active person in the past, but his presidency is offensive at best. I've actually taken it upon myself to try and get my colleagues engaged as well; an often-cited "red line" that the administration could cross is firing Rosenstein or especially Mueller, who are both important figures in the current investigation of Trump.

If either of those two are let go of, then I'll be going to DC to protest for the first time in my life and bringing as many of my colleagues as are willing to go. It helps that I only live five hours away or so, but I should have been more engaged for a long time now. Can't see a more dire time than now to start doing my civic duty or whatever you want to call it.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Sep 27 2018 01:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
I only live five hours away or so

Drew_Linky did you move? Surprised

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 30 2018 03:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah man, I'm pursuing a doctorate degree at Virginia Tech. Sorry we don't have the opportunity for camwiches anymore. Sad Hit me up if you're ever in the area and I'll show you the best pizza you've ever eaten in your life though.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Chad
PostPosted: Oct 04 2018 07:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Edited for violation of the SydLexia Friendship agreement. - The Mods
Cameron
PostPosted: Oct 08 2018 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Chad wrote:

:O

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Oct 08 2018 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Friendship agreement? This actually prompted me to go check the forum rule book. I got nothing. Was this an agreement I absentmindedly signed during account registration? What does this mean?!
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Oct 15 2018 08:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
Yeah man, I'm pursuing a doctorate degree at Virginia Tech. Sorry we don't have the opportunity for camwiches anymore. Sad Hit me up if you're ever in the area and I'll show you the best pizza you've ever eaten in your life though.

Lmao, best pizza ever in Virginia?! That's a good one.

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Oct 26 2018 09:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

People like the maga-bomber are the very symptom of a Trump presidency.

I’m shaking my head at how pathetically in denial right-wingers are about this whole maga-bomber incident, claiming it to be a hoax planted by democrats.

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Nov 03 2018 12:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

It doesnt matter. None of this is real.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 04 2018 04:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Methid Man wrote:
People like the maga-bomber are the very symptom of a Trump presidency.

Just like the baseball shootist or the neighbor who beat the shit out of Rand Paul are a symptom of the Bernie support? Give me a break.

Methid Man wrote:
I’m shaking my head at how pathetically in denial right-wingers are about this whole maga-bomber incident, claiming it to be a hoax planted by democrats.

And I'm shaking my head at the pathological feeling that some leftists have that it's only the Trump America that is responsible for the shit going on right now. That's not to excuse this dipshit Trump bomber who should go to prison for the rest of his life, but I've seen so many people on the opposite side of the aisle that seem to relish in any acts of violence that the right commits, as if that's even remotely an indication of a percentage of Republicans. As far as denial goes though, I've seen plenty of left leaning idiots justify their violent acts on the strong argument of "shutting down hate speech" or just labeling someone as a Nazi simply because they don't have a good enough counterpoint to their ideological spiel. Are the left just innocent bystanders in this whole thing?

It's as if this rift in our country is just magically going to go away if Trump is removed from office, if the midterms going in the way of the Democrats or if they get their fucking act together and have a sensible candidate for 2020...yeah that is going to fix everyone's problems and everything will be much better down the road. I hate that I have to even resort to mentioning leftist hate acts when it comes to this kind of behavior, since I'd rather not justify acts by right wing psychopaths, but it's hard not to when one side is held to a much higher standard than the other, just like trying to tie this Synagogue shooter to Trump by saying it's Trump's rhetoric that is causing this. Again, there is a reason why people are becoming less and less trusting of the news when it comes to this stuff, especially when they do play a major part in dividing the country, they shove and expect no shove back. If they get shoved, then they react like lunatics.

I'm by no means a Trump supporter, but holy shit does the Democratic Party have some major problems going on. Until you guys get your fucking act together, Trump is going to continue to win.

I think it's very important that we need to quit fighting this ideological war. It's become obnoxious tribalism at this point. I actually lost friends when Obama was President when I criticized some of his decisions, and I know the same thing is happening now on both sides since this ridiculous line has been drawn and you have to choose sides and good fucking forbid if you choose wrong, you will be absolutely persecuted for it and labeled negatively. I don't expect this to go away any time soon, hell I expect it to get worse since it's easier to point the finger than it is to look in the mirror.
Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 08 2018 05:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Doddsino wrote:
Trump's rhetoric that is causing this..

No, but it's Trump's rhetoric that is condoning it.

Doddsino wrote:
I actually lost friends when Obama was President when I criticized some of his decisions, and I know the same thing is happening now on both sides since this ridiculous line has been drawn and you have to choose sides and good fucking forbid if you choose wrong, you will be absolutely persecuted for it and labeled negatively.

All of that "persecution" for your right-wing beliefs - it sounds like you have a real hard lot in life. Wink If your friends isolate themselves from you because you insist on believing in garbage, I can't exactly say I'm surprised. Can you just go back to posting here like once every 2 years, please?

In all seriousness, I've noticed a lot of right-wingers making this same complaint, and it's been difficult for me to empathize or wrap my brain around this. When it comes to politics, especially social issues, a lot of people equate political issues with moral issues - and if someone disagrees with you on a fundamentally moral level, why wouldn't you want to stop being friends with them? I don't want to hang around with anyone who thinks I should only be allowed to marry a certain gender.

Doddsino
PostPosted: Nov 09 2018 02:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus Cam, way to miss the entire point of my post. The message wasn't supposed to be a referendum on me at all, but I guess it's easier to try to paint me as some right winger because I pointed to the hypocrisy of both sides seemingly trying to blame one another. I'll once again state that I'm no right winger, nor am I a fan of Trump. You mention Trump condoning the actions of these nutjobs, however I see the same thing on the left when it comes to their hateful actions, but it's easier to pretend like it doesn't exist.

As far as losing friends, that's entirely on them. The whole thing came from me rolling my eyes when Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize while expanding his Presidential war powers and the war itself, however that was too much for this friend to deal with...whatever. The reason I mentioned that was because instead of having a discussion about it, he had already drawn his line and would not in any way have it any other way.

That to me is not healthy. I don't want to live in an echo chamber although from the sound of things, that maybe seems like Shangri La to you. Maybe it's less about trying to wrap your brain around something and more about just relying on the same tired rhetoric that paints that person as negatively as possible.

But hey, if you sleep easier at night believing that those Republicans are all racist, homophobic, xenophobic, misogynistic, transphobic, Islamophobic basement dwellers, well then sleep tight lil' buddy!!
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 09 2018 04:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Alaina Housley, niece of actress Tamera Mowry and her husband, Adam Housley, killed in the Thousand Oaks shooting at 18.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Nov 10 2018 06:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
Alaina Housley, niece of actress Tamera Mowry and her husband, Adam Housley, killed in the Thousand Oaks shooting at 18.

LMAO.....

Like, holy shit. LOL. Reading the previous few heated posts and then jprime just slipping this into the wrong thread fucking slayed me.

Unless he was purposely trying to make some comment on gun control...Then it's even more fucking hilarious.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Nov 10 2018 09:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was not. It really was a mistake.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Nov 12 2018 03:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That is a pretty epic fuck up, but also kind of poignant I guess. I'm afraid these events are only going to get worse--not only during Trump's presidency, but after it. The cultural schism we're seeing here is going to cause so much damage for decades to come.

I really hope I'm wrong, but all evidence I've seen points in that direction unfortunately. A lot of the immediate effects of this depends on how motivated voters are after all of these things. I hope the voter turnout for this year's midterms aren't just a spike in the overall trend.

quynguyen
PostPosted: Jan 16 2019 05:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:
My lord! This guy is so fucking stupid.

"In God we trust".

Hopefully he will die sooner than later and God will pimp slap him in the face so hard that his hair falls to earth.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/donald-trump-is-now-a-candidate-for-president-of-the-united-states/2015/06/16/5e6d738e-1441-11e5-9ddc-e3353542100c_story.html

haha, thanks you!

SEO

igeeksquad123
Title: 8002548522
PostPosted: Nov 11 2019 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

geek squad tech support encounter such attacks if you tend to open some suspicious emails or websites. It becomes essential to sort the problems as they may interfere geek squad tech support the security and privacy of your information. Geek squad appointment Malfunctioning of the devices is another primary concern that needs to be dealt with as early as possible. Resolve all sorts of issues related to electronic geek squad appointment appliances and desktops/laptops from the tech-savvy people.In the present world of digitization, it has essential to safeguard our confidential data against malicious access. We at geek squad chat have proficient engineers who are well versed in removing spyware, malware and viruses and that too at economical prices. Furthermore geek squad chat with an agent we offer our users the ultimate cyber security solution Geek Squad Webroot. The software is capable of managing the security of all your ever essential devices.
geek squad support
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Nov 11 2019 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Chad wrote:

I wonder what the original post said.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 12 2019 12:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, igeeksquad123.
DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Nov 12 2019 06:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

quynguyen wrote:

haha, thanks you!

Best forum post 2019.
i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Nov 12 2019 06:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah! You can always count on good ol' Ngyuen!

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

DarknessDeku
PostPosted: Nov 13 2019 05:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
jprime wrote:

LMAO.....

Like, holy shit. LOL. Reading the previous few heated posts and then jprime just slipping this into the wrong thread fucking slayed me.

Unless he was purposely trying to make some comment on gun control...Then it's even more fucking hilarious.

I'm late to the party, but I agree that this was fucking hilarious. I was enraged reading through the argument, then Jprime's post made me laugh my ass off. Thank you Jprime.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 14 2020 11:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

FUCK THIS WHOLE BULLSHIT WHY THE FUCK ARE WE STILL HERE FUCK
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jul 14 2020 12:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Should we make a 'Kanye West running for president' thread?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Reply to topic

Jump to: