"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Job Interviews and You

Reply to topic
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 14 2009 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle wrote:
When's an appropriate time frame to go in for a follow-up? Because I applied at a restaurant on Tuesday and had an interview immediately. I went in on Thursday to follow-up, but my interviewer wasn't there. Now I won't be able to go in until Tuesday. Is a week acceptable?

Quote:
Briefs aren't the only alternative to boxers asshole

You got that right. Wink

What do you mean "to follow up"?

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Feb 14 2009 09:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Go in and talk to the guy, ask him if they're still hiring and if he needs any additional references or...anything else you may suggest?

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Feb 14 2009 11:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle wrote:
When's an appropriate time frame to go in for a follow-up? Because I applied at a restaurant on Tuesday and had an interview immediately. I went in on Thursday to follow-up, but my interviewer wasn't there. Now I won't be able to go in until Tuesday. Is a week acceptable?

Quote:

You got that right. Wink

TRUNKS FTW

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Feb 14 2009 11:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Um, yeah, that's what I was referring to...

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 14 2009 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At one point during the process should I attempt stick my penis in the hot female interviewer?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle wrote:
Go in and talk to the guy, ask him if they're still hiring and if he needs any additional references or...anything else you may suggest?

Send a thank you note in which you mention that you will be contacting him soon to discuss things further.

Don't barge in.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
At one point during the process should I attempt stick my penis in the hot female interviewer?

You... you devil you.

I strongly suggest that if she lets you stick it in her, you go for it.

You won't be wanting that job, but what the hell... you'll be getting some "hot" ass and most likely need it.

TheRoboSleuth
Title: Sleuth Mark IV
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 03:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

MOGHARR wrote:
Ross Rifle wrote:

Quote:

You got that right. Wink

TRUNKS FTW

Be cool like me and go for the fundoshi.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 04:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

I worked for a law office for a while, and man, you called it on the dress code. I got so tired of having to talk to big fat dudes who do not understand that, yes, you have man-boobs, and they press up against that thin dress-shirt of yours so that they are clearly visible and very distracting.

Also, spot-on with the haircuts. The supermodel tousled-hair look just makes it look like you're going to try to score with everyone in the office. Long hair, even well-kept is considered a real no, because interviewers see it as a sign of attention-grabbing, and if you're one of those metal-heads who doesn't wash his hair so his face is covered in acne, you look like you're carrying a disease.

You also forgot to mention that you should have your suit STEAM-CLEANED before the meeting, especially if you're a smoker. Don't use those dumb little bags that you put a scented tissue in with the suit in your laundry cleaner. I mean a legitimate steam-cleaning business with those kick-ass-looking motorized racks. Suits reek when they sit in a closet forever, and the smell tends to mix with B.O. to make you into "that guy."

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Ross Rifle
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 05:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

HEY GUYS I'M GOING COMMANDO!

Sorry, I'm drunk. Happy VD guys!

Crying

www.thetwowordsmusic.com

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:

You also forgot to mention that you should have your suit STEAM-CLEANED before the meeting, especially if you're a smoker. Don't use those dumb little bags that you put a scented tissue in with the suit in your laundry cleaner. I mean a legitimate steam-cleaning business with those kick-ass-looking motorized racks. Suits reek when they sit in a closet forever, and the smell tends to mix with B.O. to make you into "that guy."

Sir, you are correct.

I need to add some stuff about cleaning and smoke.

I also need to make an amendment about sleep. Bags under your eyes = bad bad bad.

GPFontaine
PostPosted: Feb 15 2009 01:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I added the bit about cleaning the suit.

I also tackled smoking, drugs, sleep etc..

Greg the White
PostPosted: Feb 16 2009 04:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Really comprehensive, it's actually a lot better than stuff I've seen in magazines.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

jackfrost
Title: Cold Hearted Bastard
PostPosted: Feb 21 2009 01:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have to add a story here. I went for a job interview once and I had an awful cold. I thought it would be a bad thing if I went to it with snot running down my nose so I double up on the Sudafed 24 hour tabs to make sure I didn't have a runny nose during my interview. There were five freaking interviews that day back to back for the same company. By the second interview I might as well as emptied a salt shaker in my mouth, because my mouth was so dry my tongue was sticking to the roof of my mouth. The third interview offered me a bottled water (whether he knew my problem or it was standard practice I'll never know) and I swear that is the only reason I got the job. If I didn't have the water I don't know what the hell what have happened, so my word of advice is don't over-medicate yourself if you are sick and always make sure you are well hydrated. Does that apply to most people, probably not, but that was a very awkward day for me.

[img]http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/akajackfrost/megaman.jpg[/img]

SevereFlame
Title: Superpowered President
PostPosted: Feb 21 2009 03:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is the reason I look forward to the new adition to the SydLexia writing team.
Kate11
PostPosted: May 16 2018 09:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking for my dream job, but I wasn’t 100% sure how to get it, given the current state of my resume. In fact, I barely had a resume to begin with. Fortunately, I stumbled upon this website, https://www.resumance.com/, which has rounded up some of the best resume-writing services online. I’m talking about a bunch of pros who can help job-seekers define and organize relevant job skills to attract the right people and job opportunities. Did I get what I paid for? I’d say yes, and what I got back was well-beyond what I initially expected.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: May 16 2018 06:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The bots are getting smarter.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

JarrettPugh
PostPosted: Jun 20 2018 09:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I do not agree that the question of style and the clothes that you wear to an interview, it is only a women's issue. Men must dress appropriately for interviews as well. Although some people probably think that this doesn't concern them. Although the issue of working clothes is very relevant now. Most company employees no longer wear costumes. When I just submitted my resume to the company I work in now, thank https://top5resumewriting.services for it, I saw that my superiors do not care about clothes at all. We have a free dress code. So it's better to find out about this before you go to the interview.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Jun 20 2018 09:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

I will continue to wear my Hurricane costume to work until they forcibly remove it from me.

Klimbatize wrote:

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jun 20 2018 09:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

These bots just keep bringing the laughs.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 20 2018 11:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ok... makes sense why there are so many random threads popping up again

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

rickys
Title: 7023451755
PostPosted: Sep 04 2018 02:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

A Japanese trial for RPG Maker VX was free on Enterbrain's Japanese VX website and was offered for transfer.[4] It options restricted and reduced options, just like the inability to avoid wasting games and restricted info practicality. AN English version of the program is additionally offered from Enterbrain, with full practicality and a 30-day cut-off date. I have found 10 best super games of 2018 these games are very interesting.
Valdronius
PostPosted: Sep 04 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Did the bot just quote a Wikipedia article?

Klimbatize wrote:

jasonborn
PostPosted: Oct 09 2018 10:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

All you need is just a good CV to impress your employer! You would pass an interview as a piece of cake!
Reply to topic

Jump to: