"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
80s cartoon series MASK to be made into a movie

Reply to topic
AJ Fox
Title: HylianFox
PostPosted: Apr 19 2018 03:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fast-and-furious-director-will-turn-insane-80s-car/1100-6458359/

Quote:
The 1980s animated series MASK is in development as a feature film at Paramount. Deadline reports that the movie studio has tapped The Fate of the Furious director F. Gary Gray to develop and direct. The producers are looking to attach a writer for the concept, described as "a contemporary subculture movie with a youth empowerment angle."

MASK was introduced in 1985 by toy company Kenner, and so the seasons would align with planned action figure launches. It followed the brilliantly-named "Mobile Armored Strike Kommand" unit, a group of elite commandos with vehicles to match. They took on a cabal of terrorists known as VENOM, which stood for Vicious Evil Network of Mayhem.

If that all sounds vaguely similar to another hot '80s toy property, G.I. Joe, you're not the only one to have noticed. A few years ago, Paramount and Hasbro were planning a massive cinematic universe of '80s nostalgia, which would team up G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, Rom, and MASK. Earlier this year, though, the writers attached to that project said it had been scuttled. This is the first we've heard of a MASK adaptation being back on track, but it seems unlikely to fold into G.I. Joe-iverse.

two things

first, I thought immediately of Syd because his article here was how I knew what MASK even is

second, because this worked out SOOoooooOOOoOOoooo well for Transformers >_____>
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Apr 23 2018 09:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

AJ Fox wrote:
second, because this worked out SOOoooooOOOoOOoooo well for Transformers >_____>

Maybe not so much for the original fans, but the studio did pretty well with the Transformer movies. Seeing how they have raked in over $4 Billion Dollars worldwide and have, yet another one, ("Bumblebee") in the works.

I also heard they just announced the director for a new He-Man & The Masters of The Universe movie.
Reply to topic

Jump to: