"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The inevitable Super Metroid remake

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Feb 24 2018 04:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I have Metroid: Samus Returns under my belt, I feel I can bring this up: Somewhere down the line, Super Metroid is going to be remade. Let's be honest, beloved classic though it may be, it's only really super in comparison to its prequels. Next to Zero Mission and AM2R/Samus Returns (note how I didn't specify whether it'd be fanmade or official), it seems like a lateral move and a huge step back, respectively. If the fans and/or Nintendo are going to continue this "new" continuity, some changes will have to be made. Here are just a few off the top of my head:

- Samus needs to still be able to grip ledges.

- Zero Mission axed the fake Kraid, so this remake needs to do the same.

- Kraid in Zero Mission was only a bit shorter, but significantly heftier, than his Super Metroid incarnation, so the Kraid of this remake needs to be even bigger than that.

- In Metroid Fusion, Samus explicitly states that the Dachora and Etecoons "helped [her] unlock abilities [she] never knew [she] had." Since she knows how to do both those things in Zero Mission, they either need to be axed or teach her something new entirely.

- Mother Brain needs to not be the final boss; it wouldn't be the first time.

Thoughts?
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Feb 26 2018 12:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It might happen eventually, but I don't think it can ever be outdone. I see Super Metroid as the Batman: The Animated Series of video games, in tone, execution, and the fact that they're pieces of their time. Their followups are all held in lower regard, albeit in varying levels.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

WendellLerry
PostPosted: Apr 20 2018 10:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, nothing can ever eclipse a great masterpiece.
Reply to topic

Jump to: