[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Toys 'R' Us preparing to close all U.S. stores

Reply to topic
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Mar 14 2018 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/toys-r-us-likely-shut-222452515.html

This news saddens me. Electronics and online shops killed the toy store.

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 15 2018 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's about time. There is a Toys 'R' Us near where I live that has been a damn ghost town for the most part for the last 15+ years. I have no idea how they stayed in business as long as they have. I assumed it must be like K mart, where they own the building or have distribution networks that keep them making money.

Also, there really is not enough innovation in the toy market. It's a lot of the same old shit, with slightly different designs. If you don't innovate, then don't expect people to buy your crap.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Mar 17 2018 06:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's sad because I have a lot of fun memories of going to Toy R Us (like when I won a $25 gift certificate by calling in during Batman TAS when I was a kid...$25 was a fortune to me at the time), but at the same time every time I've gone there recently I wind up asking myself, "Why would I pay this much for this when I can get it for half the price online?"

So yeah, it sucks for the people who work there, but inevitable. Next up, Best Buy!

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

lordsathien
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 23 2018 12:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

And then the company founder died.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: