"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
E3 2017

Reply to topic
SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 13 2017 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone see anything they were really excited about/hated?

Not that I have a current or even last gen console, but that remake of Shadow of the Colossus looked fucking AMAZING. It's already such a beautiful game, and to see it remastered like that...I almost want to buy a PS4 just for that. And maybe Bloodborne.

I was...iffy on Beyond Good and Evil 2. I adored the first one, one of my favorite games of all time. But that trailer just...I don't know. BG&E wasn't about swearing, or edgyness (OR KILLING) like that trailer seemed to be. I dunno. And then all the talk of persistent online world (like you're going to make it an MMO WTF?!), not to mention the fact it's a prequel so no Jade, no Pey'j, no characters we know and love...and no cliffhanger resolution. Sad Makes me so sad. I wanted this so badly, and then...wow. What a letdown.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jun 13 2017 05:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am VERY excited for the new Kirby game. The trailer showed poweup combinations like from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and I loved that.

I'm also very excited for Metroid Prime 4, and disappointed that the Metroid 2 remake is coming out for 3DS instead of Switch, as I can't justify a 3DS purchase.
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jun 13 2017 07:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mario Odyssey, Kirby and Metroid Prime 4 all look excellent and are increasing my desire to buy a Switch! I've been long off the Pokémon bandwagon, but it's cool that a major Pokémon game is coming to a main console, which I feel practically all Pokémon players have wanted since '98 (or '96 for our Japanese friends).

The Xbox One X looks pretty neat from a technological standpoint. I don't plan to replace my regular Xbox One with the newer model, but I'm generally impressed with the big jump in console power. Microsoft seems to be doing much better than they were a few years back.
SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jun 13 2017 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Duuude Preng, Kirby and Pokemon (along with Zelda obviously) have me dying for a Switch. I can't justify it right now, but MAN oh man, that console. That console you guys.

militarysignatures.com

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jun 14 2017 06:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure that I'm sold on the realistic looking people or realistic T-Rex. I'd prefer a more stylized aesthetic.
Vert1
PostPosted: Jun 15 2017 12:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested to see how The Evil Within 2 will be with Mikami as the exec. producer. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be intense sci-fi action utilizing the power of Switch.

Metroid 2: Return of Samus looks top-notch and another reason to consider purchasing a 3DS for; the first being Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Super Mario Odyssey is an oddball game. In the reveal trailer it looks amazing, but everyone playing it during E3 made the game look pretty scrubby. As long as the dive ability is still in, I think things will turn out okay, but I really do not like how the waterslide and turbo to quickly move from point-to-point has been replaced with reliance on possessible things and a rolling ability. I don't think that playing as non-Mario characters is a good direction for the series to go in. In Yoshi's Island this works because that game is slow-paced (compared to the other 2D Marios) and is limited by only having one or two transformable places per level and by having the transformation duration time run out quickly forcing the player to act more thoughtfully.

LeshLush wrote:
I'm not sure that I'm sold on the realistic looking people or realistic T-Rex. I'd prefer a more stylized aesthetic.

Yea, one of the big draws of adding a T-Rex is the presumption that it will eat people at some point in time. It'll be interesting to see what big moments are possible with a T-Rex in an E-rated platformer.

SoldierHawk
PostPosted: Jun 15 2017 01:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So I've never played The Evil Within series--are you looking forward to the sequel because you liked the first?

militarysignatures.com

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 16 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

mario odyssey looks hella dope... weird, but dope

I need to get me a switch and soon....

metroid prime 4... I'm excited for the announcement but there was no video for it. I am excited for that metroid 2 remake though

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jun 18 2017 01:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

More than anything, I'm excited for The Evil Within 2 as well as the remake of Metroid 2 on 3DS. Verty, I'm curious to hear what you thought of the trailer. I couldn't really infer much about the gameplay itself but it looks like my grizzled husbando from the first game will continue to be the protagonist and will continue to have a lot of personal issues to work through. Also, it looks terrifying and mind-melting (especially with the weird milky 3D-printer-like-substance at the end).

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Jun 18 2017 06:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nintendo killed it at E3. Two new Metroids, Super Mario Odyssey, Yoshi, Kirby, mainline console Pokemon, Ever Oasis (unfortunately, I don't see this selling very well despite how great it looks)...

My God.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Jun 26 2017 03:29 am Reply with quote Back to top

I played Mario Odyssey in some of my free time on the show floor this year. It felt like a 3D Mario. I'm not sure what I expected.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: