[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Dragon Quest VII to be released on 3DS

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

from rpgamer.com:

First uncovered as part of a leaked Japanese magazine scan, Square Enix has now opened a teaser site for the upcoming 3DS remake of Dragon Quest VII. Originally released on the PlayStation back in 2000, this new version will now be completely remade in 3D, feature a orchestrated soundtrack performed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra, and offer Street Pass functionality.

The remake is being developed by ArtePiazza, the team behind the DQIV through DQVI remakes on DS. Yuji Horii is still overseeing the game design and scenario. Dragon Quest VII on 3DS will be released in Japan on Feb. 7, 2013. There is no word on an English release yet, and considering how long it has taken past Dragon Quest games to be localized, it will likely be a while before there is any news on the subject.

====

I've actually played the PSX version and if you can get past having to repeat going through the same 32 screens between worlds and your home town, it's a very long-lived game.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 06:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's up to Nintendo whether we get it or not, as they seem to now hold international publishing rights for DragonQuest titles.

But let's look at the DS releases:

DQ IX: Out one year earlier in Japan
DQ VI: Out 13 months earlier in Japan
DQ V: Out 8 months earlier in Japan
DQ IV: Out 10 months earlier n Japan
DQM Joker: Out 11 months earlier in Japan
DQM Joker 2: Out 17 months earlier in Japan
Rocket Slime: Out 9 months earlier in Japan

So we have an 8 month wait AT BEST. At worst, we get it NEVER.

Also, the first DQM game, Terry's Wonderland was remade for the 3DS and released in Japan in May. No word on whether we're getting that, either.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cactus
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 08:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Does the 3DS have any original games yet? I haven't really been following it, when I see the games in shops they're all remakes or casual junk.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 08:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, it doesn't have any original games yet. At all. That is quite an astute and incisive observation for you to make, as not many people pick up on that fact. Excellent work. If you're looking to break into video game journalism and you ever need a written recommendation, don't hesitate to ask me because I would simply love to see your brilliant observations on a high level site like IGN.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cactus
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
If you're looking to break into video game journalism and you ever need a written recommendation, don't hesitate to ask me because I would simply love to see your brilliant observations on a high level site like IGN.

Let's make it happen!

Let me rephrase: I would like to own a 3DS, but I do not know of any original games that would justify it for me beacuse I have not been following releases online. DQ VII would interest me beacuse it has never been released in Europe.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 02:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

kid icarus is not a remake. the super mario games are not remakes. mario kart 3d is not a remake.

um, a bunch of eshop games are original ip's.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 03:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Already own this game on PS1, not paying 40 dollars for it in 3D.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 07:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually kind of excited for this. It's yet another reason for me to get a 3DS, and I remember when the game first came out on PSone it costed approximately twelve million dollars and hasn't gone down in price since then, so this is a cheap(er) alternative.

Cactus
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 08:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to download the PSX version and play it on my Pandora because I'm a dirty pirate.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 01 2012 08:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cactus wrote:
I'm going to download the PSX version and play it on my Pandora because I'm a dirty pirate.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Sep 08 2016 09:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Necro-bumping for relevance and for the few people who still come here. The game comes out to the US on the 16th:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past-3ds

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 09 2016 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

yay

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Reply to topic

Jump to: