"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
New Zealand, Surprises and Apologies

Reply to topic
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 17 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sometime in the past I might have mentioned my desire to move to New Zealand at some point in the future. Maybe some of you remember it, but more than likely, you never noticed and never cared. Long story short, I have been approved for a work visa, have a job all lined up and intend to use the opportunity to permanently live in New Zealand.

This is just part of a plan for a complete change in my way of living. The other side of it is a complete abandonment of all past digital presence. I would prefer to have it all deleted, but that would be near impossible and for the parts that are not impossible, just too time consuming while. This means that I will no longer come around here, or any other forums I also frequented. I have already sold some online accounts, such as Steam, PSN, etc. I am in talks with a friend to sell him my Xbox Live account. So if any of you have me on your friends list on any gaming platform, be aware that it will not be the same person you know from these forums. You can delete that person if you wish, because I am not going to take the time to do all of that.

Now, on to the SURPRISE part. This has been years in the making. Ever since you guys have accepted (perhaps put up with would be a better choice of words) me, I have always wanted to give something back to the community. I have done small things here and there, but nothing even close to the scale at which I have already set up. I am aware that the forums here are not as lively as they have been in the past. I feel that this will only make it more special, as those who still come around truly enjoy this little corner of the internet. I will go through the proper channels and get approval from Syd before setting this event in motion.

With approval I hope to start my final game in exactly 2 weeks. Full details will be posted at that point in time.

Finally, apologies.

I would like to apologize to any forum members who I have insulted, been rude and/or nasty to, or have otherwise slighted due to instabilities of my personality and no fault of your own circumstances of birth, religion, gender(s), political or moral views. Please understand that I am human and make mistakes, same as anyone else. I would like to leave in peace.

Thanks for reading this and hopefully we'll meet again in the future

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Aug 18 2016 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I wish you the best of luck with your travel and new setup in New Zealand, @om*d!

I have to admit that I'm somewhat amused with your call to abandon your digital presence, but I hope you achieve whatever it is that you're aiming for.

Best wishes and thanks for the laughs and shenanigans over the years. It was always fun talking to you in the IRC way back when. Long live Dracula!
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Aug 18 2016 01:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so after i get parolled you want me to go to a tall tree in a field where you and your wife made love and get the note out of the lunchbox under a big rock?

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Aug 18 2016 05:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I shit on your apology. By the way, you never hear about Old Zealand. What the fuck happened to it?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

@om*d
PostPosted: Aug 18 2016 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
I wish you the best of luck with your travel and new setup in New Zealand, @om*d!

I have to admit that I'm somewhat amused with your call to abandon your digital presence, but I hope you achieve whatever it is that you're aiming for.

Best wishes and thanks for the laughs and shenanigans over the years. It was always fun talking to you in the IRC way back when. Long live Dracula!

I am looking to experience a simpler way of life, thus the abandonment of my digital presence. It is something I could do while remaining in the US, but I feel like my options are more limited here. There is something about going to and exploring a new place that allows you to change who you are as a person. The path I have chosen in the US is unfortunately a path that will lead me to an early grave, and there is no way of me getting off of that path while remaining here. Perhaps one day I will return to the States with a renewed and refreshed perspective.

sidewaydriver wrote:
I shit on your apology. By the way, you never hear about Old Zealand. What the fuck happened to it?

It's in the Netherlands, and it's alright. I passed through it in the mid nineties while on vacation. Just a typical picturesque European area.

scamrock
Title: Space Bastard
PostPosted: Aug 19 2016 05:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I deleted all social media off my phone for now. Even though I miss it a little, I do feel a little more productive. If you can delete all digital presence, then good for you. It's a lot to give up, but a lot of us grew up without it, and it wasn't so bad. I don't think we are at a point yet where those things are a necessity as much as a convenience/distraction. So good luck. I hope all your wildest dreams come true.

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Aug 23 2016 01:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

In all seriousness even though you didn't get my Shawshank joke I think its really cool you made all this happen. Most people talk but don't put stuff into action.

My dream is to actually live in Canada someday and I think I will since all it takes is a goal and a little bit of planning.

@om*d
PostPosted: Aug 24 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got the joke, I just didn't acknowledge or respond to it. I'd say it was a very obvious reference.

@om*d
PostPosted: Aug 24 2016 08:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GeorgeTaylor wrote:
My dream is to actually live in Canada someday and I think I will since all it takes is a goal and a little bit of planning.

You might want to check out online resources regarding emigration to Canada if you really are interested in moving there someday. FYI, most Western countries, especially the English speaking ones are pretty choosy on who they let in. There are likely requirements of having a college/university degree, having experience in certain fields of work that the particular country is looking for, etc. You can also marry a citizen or get in on a work visa and try to spin it into permanent residency. The total cost of me traveling to New Zealand and going through the entire process will take several years and probably about 20-30 thousand (US) dollars. Luckily I posses various skills and educational certificates in fields of work that NZ is looking for people with experience in.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Aug 25 2016 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just say you're from Syria and they'll let you in, no questions asked.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Aug 28 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm waiting for the reveal that this in and of itself is yet another chain in a giant hoax.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
@om*d
PostPosted: Aug 28 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Another chain in a giant hoax? I'm curious as to what hoaxes I have been attempting to pull around here. I have been an asshole at times but I have never taken part in any hoax as far as I can recall. Curious about the other chains as well. Paranoid much? lol

LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 30 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Wish you the best of luck on your move, @om*d. We'll miss you around here when you leave.
@om*d
PostPosted: Aug 31 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I never got a message back from Syd after PMing him to get permission to run a final game. Maybe I should have sent him a message via twitter. Rolling Eyes Oh well. If I don't get a response from Syd in the next few days I am going to set the game in motion anyways. Twisted Evil It's not like I'll be around to care about getting banned or whatever, and I set the game up to not need anyone in control of things.

My flight leaves next Wednesday, so you might still see me around up until Tuesday night.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Aug 31 2016 04:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I always dug ya. You're a unique cat, that's for sure. I don't know if some of your "trolling" was intentional or not, but I usually enjoyed it more often than not. At the very least you're always interesting.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Arlock41
Title: Naunie
PostPosted: Sep 01 2016 08:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So whose gonna be our new Lord of the Night?
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Sep 02 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Arlock41 wrote:
So whose gonna be our new Lord of the Night?

For the light is dark and full of Tremors.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 11 2016 01:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Well, I never got a message back from Syd after PMing him to get permission to run a final game. Maybe I should have sent him a message via twitter. Rolling Eyes Oh well. If I don't get a response from Syd in the next few days I am going to set the game in motion anyways. Twisted Evil It's not like I'll be around to care about getting banned or whatever, and I set the game up to not need anyone in control of things.

My flight leaves next Wednesday, so you might still see me around up until Tuesday night.

So I guess we'll never find out what this was game was all about. Bless you @om*d - one final troll job before disappearing into the night.
@om*d
PostPosted: May 08 2017 11:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

Had to return to the US as work dried up in NZ and visa went bye bye. I got A LOT of shit for being an American over there (Thanks Trump), and it kind of soured me on wanting to live there permanently. The gestapo-lite treatment I got from customs upon my return to the US was great as well. I know I joked a fair bit about the Trump thing but I never seriously considered voting for the guy and... just... WTF USA?! I see the Boomers wanted to take one last shit on America on their way to the grave and stupid meme obsessed kids and Russian shills joined in. If you don't possess a fair amount of wealth I am truly sorry for what is to come. I can no longer be hopeful that the United States will wake up from its drug induced dreams.

As for my game, well... I see that a few people have figured it out, probably bots or lurkers would be my guess, as a search through the small amount of posts that have been made in my absence mention nothing outside of this thread. About half of the prizes are still up for grabs. If anyone here is familiar with I Love Bees, it is something similar in nature. My game is called The Anubis Cell, and since spies don't like being put in jeopardy, I will leave it at that.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: May 08 2017 02:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry the work dried up in New Zealand, but it's good to hear from you again, @om*d.

I feel this might be the most appropriate track to play for your return. 95% because of your frustration with Trump; 5% because of the forum's ever-present "Stay awhile. Stay...FOREVER!" header.
@om*d
PostPosted: May 08 2017 07:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Funny thing is, that is the only Pink Floyd song I like.

GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: May 12 2017 06:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry things didn't work out in NZ. I still think it was awesome you were able to make it happen.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: May 12 2017 08:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

welcome back atomjacked

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: May 14 2017 10:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So given that nobody save bots appears to have figured out your game, maybe some information about where a person would begin to start looking for this game is in order? ARGs are swell but if nobody knows you're running an ARG (or even if they do, but all they know is that there is an ARG somewhere in the world) you're going to end up with a very small playerbase.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
@om*d
PostPosted: May 17 2017 01:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Any of my posts from before May of this year. My earlier posts in here would be a good start. Any posts I authored could be top candidates. Hints have already been posted, perhaps reading again after this might help you to figure out some of the ciphers. That is all.

Reply to topic

Jump to: