"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
X Japan - Art of Life

Reply to topic
Reinhart_x
Title: Master of nothing
PostPosted: Dec 17 2014 02:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

So, this song is my favorite of all time. It's not because it's ridiculously long or anything, it's just damn perfect IMO. The band brings huge hype and emotion into their songs and this is the ultimate culmination of their talents. Also, the leader of the band is both the drummer and the pianist and goes crazy on both. I don't think any other song can make me both tear up and want to jump around the room/headbang in the same time frame. I don't cry every time, though Wink

Anyway, I just wanted to make this topic to let those who don't know about this amazing song, well, know about it. Does anyone else really like this song or others from X Japan? I know that at 29 minutes long (34 for the live version) it could be a bit intimidating, but it's well worth it and actually manages to keep the listener interested for the whole time. Some people feel that the 8-minute piano solo is 'what ruins the song" but for others like me it's incredible and the song would not be the same masterpiece without it. Please, have a listen and enjoy!

The song: http://youtu.be/mrc2M7cNPWk

FACT: The Battlechodes won Forum Battle 2012.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jan 14 2015 10:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Finally got around to listening to this, sir.

On the whole, not bad. The guitar sections were pretty good, and I have to say that I was also quite fond of the piano segment halfway through video. It might've gone on a touch longer than I expected, and the intermittent wrist-smashing of the keys wasn't too welcomed, but beyond that it was certainly enjoyable.

Not quite at the "I want to check out this band's discography" level, but the song genuinely held my interest for a half hour, which I respect.
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Jan 15 2015 01:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love this song, but I do prefer Endless Rain, specifically the Last Live performance of it. That performance is fucking legendary, and so full of emotion.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: May 31 2016 10:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This was the gayest thing I've ever watched. Not even using that as a slur, just an observation. It was just extremely, passionately gay.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jun 03 2016 09:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Counterpoint:

Reply to topic

Jump to: