"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Donald Trump running for president.

Reply to topic
UsaSatsui
Title: The White Rabbit
PostPosted: Feb 22 2016 05:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's gone full circle. People are so worried about being called "overly politically correct", nobody wants to call anyone out for actually being holy shit offensive as fuck.

Cutting through bullshit by not using veiled speech and doublespeak is one thing. Being an obnoxious douche is another.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Feb 22 2016 05:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Cameron wrote:
GeorgeTaylor wrote:
I think him standing up to people taking responsibility for offending other people is his highest strength

Fixed.

This is actually something that aggravates me these days. Nobody wants to say anything that will offend anyone, and when people do offend someone, or a group of people, there are demands made to apologize. It is fucking ridiculous. Unless someone is chasing you around and harassing you, you have the option to just ignore it and move on.

Cam, I actually find your views on this subject offensive personally, but I would never expect you to apologize and take responsibility for your views as if they were contrary to your beliefs, which is what people seem to want these days. You can't force people to change their beliefs, that is something they have do on their own time and of their own volition.

While it is nice to see a political candidate stand up to political correctness, it would be nice if it was someone more credible and sane than Trump. Not that any sane person would ever run for President nowadays.

I think people should definitely have the right to say offensive things, but I find it grating when people whine about "political correctness" when they say something offensive and someone else responds to it. Just like you're free to say something offensive, everyone else is free to call you out on being a dick. Literally all of the people I've ever heard complaining about "political correctness" were doing so because they said something transphobic/homophobic/racist and then started crying about it because someone else got offended. I think I'd much rather live in a world where people were honest and admitted they were a horrible person rather than try to claim "DAT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" as the root of all evil and the source of all their problems. And to claim that everyone on the planet has the option to "just ignore it and move on" is essentially saying "hey, prejudice isn't really a thing, why don't you just get over it?"

What amuses me the most is when people bitch about "political correctness" when they hear about someone getting fired from their job for saying something offensive. The whole argument just screams "waaaaah, why do my actions have to have consequences?" That's the best part of living in a free country; people are free to punish you for being an asshole. I don't have to apologize if I offend someone, but other people can definitely do things like fire or ostracize me.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 22 2016 07:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cam offends you, atomjacked? Fucking pussy.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 23 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well said, Cam.

Klimbatize, meow.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Feb 23 2016 02:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If my views make me transphobic then I'm proud to be transphobic. I don't care what anyone says, trans fats are bad and they need to be banned.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 24 2016 09:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I think about the fact that so many people in America want this man to be president, and it makes me want to have a nervous breakdown.
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: May 05 2016 03:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welp...he scored the nomination...something many of us believed would be impossible and yet he did it.

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
LeshLush
PostPosted: May 05 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really wishing my mom hadn't revoked her U.K. citizenship these days.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: May 06 2016 01:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This election cycle is turning out great. I have changed my position and now hope Trump wins and becomes President. That said, I do not plan on voting for either of the two major party candidates.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 06 2016 07:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It was fun to read this whole thread again.

Cameron
PostPosted: May 07 2016 02:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

There's still a small glimmer of hope in my mind for Bernie, but it's looking like a Trump vs. Hillary presidential run. I'm not sure what to do or who to vote for in that scenario, as it definitely looks like a no-win situation.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 07 2016 07:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just waiting to see which candidate will promise to bring back that Crazy Cow Cereal before I decide. I'm a very particular voter.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: May 07 2016 08:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

My money would be on Trump though, he seems like someone who enjoys fun cereals and getting hopped up on sugar every morning. Hillary seems like someone who eats Fiber One every morning with unsweetened almond milk.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 10 2016 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if I've ever felt as much schadenfreude as I have the last couple days watching the Candy Floss Cockgoblin's campaign completely immolate.

If I may light the Cattivo symbol, assuming you ever read these forums anymore:

Catt, you're party appears to be completely falling about around itself. We may be due for a major realignment and/or the death of the GOP and the birth of a new party in its wake. What are your feelings about this? I think that the one silver lining in for the GOP in all of this is that Kasich is well set-up for a run in 2020, and he might be one of the only Republicans left who from my perspective isn't completely nuts.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Nov 01 2016 10:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's been a hard few months. I wish there was a moderate I could vote for. Hell, I would even vote for Biden. If only Kasich won. I'm glad he didn't give up and endorse Trump. At least his hands are clean. I'm not sure he would have enough support in 2020 though...unless there's a new party as you say.

I don't want anything to do with a party that would nominate such a racist, narcissistic conspiracy theorist anyway. I've been hoping a third party is created out of the ashes of this. It's too bad that the libertarians nominated an idiot with a ridiculous foreign policy. When Reagan left the Democratic Party, he said that he didn't leave the party, the party left him. I feel the same way. As I've said before though, the party brought it on itself though, enflaming extremists with fox news, talk radio, and sites like Drudge. I feel guilty for patronizing those.

Personally, one of the hardest things about this has been that while I finally landed my dream job in government, the president in January is guaranteed to be someone who is unfit for office. Ironic.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Nov 02 2016 01:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think if Biden ran, I could consider a vote for him. At least he seems like a real human being.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 02 2016 09:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cattivo wrote:
Yeah, it's been a hard few months. I wish there was a moderate I could vote for. Hell, I would even vote for Biden. If only Kasich won. I'm glad he didn't give up and endorse Trump. At least his hands are clean. I'm not sure he would have enough support in 2020 though...unless there's a new party as you say.

I don't want anything to do with a party that would nominate such a racist, narcissistic conspiracy theorist anyway. I've been hoping a third party is created out of the ashes of this. It's too bad that the libertarians nominated an idiot with a ridiculous foreign policy. When Reagan left the Democratic Party, he said that he didn't leave the party, the party left him. I feel the same way. As I've said before though, the party brought it on itself though, enflaming extremists with fox news, talk radio, and sites like Drudge. I feel guilty for patronizing those.

Personally, one of the hardest things about this has been that while I finally landed my dream job in government, the president in January is guaranteed to be someone who is unfit for office. Ironic.

Tell us more about this dream job in government.
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Nov 02 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My problem is that I can't figure out who the actual sociopath in this election might be.

By default it has to be Trump if you just look on the surface of things yet he seems to be proud if he is in fact one. Hillary seems like the more dangerous type of the two.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Nov 04 2016 04:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to have forgotten how to correctly embed the youtubes, pitty all I wanted to do was share this Donald Trump Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w3EbmeD9UY

All of the tricks I used to know, seem not to work. It's highly likely I am remembering them.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 04 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad we have some sort of checks and balances. Though I don't want Trump representing me to the rest of the world, at the end of the day neither option is the end of the world. They both suck, sure, but meh.

It's pretty clear Clinton is shady as fuck and is basically a criminal. But god damn Trump is awful. I already voted for Clinton because of the Supreme Court nominations coming down the road. Since those typically deal with social issues and I'm liberal about most things.

And hey, maybe she gets indicted and then Kaine takes over. He's vanilla af but he doesn't seem too terrible.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 04 2016 07:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Blackout wrote:
I seem to have forgotten how to correctly embed the youtubes, pitty all I wanted to do was share this Donald Trump Anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w3EbmeD9UY

All of the tricks I used to know, seem not to work. It's highly likely I am remembering them.

Syd enabled iFrames, you should just be able to use the standard embed link.
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Nov 09 2016 10:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

lulz

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 09 2016 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 09 2016 04:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is truly awful.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
PostPosted: Nov 09 2016 05:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, Lesh.

And yes, finally my kind has a representative fighting for me in the White House.

Reply to topic

Jump to: