"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Smash Bros. [WiiU]

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Feb 27 2016 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Downloaded Bayonetta, honestly kind of disappointed with the way she feels/controls. I know most fighting games have Ryu/Ken-esque "shotoclone", but the fact that she plays so similarly to one makes me fail to see why she's worth playing over any of the other ones in the game like Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, etc.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Feb 29 2016 03:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:
"Let's advertise a game that only like 2% of the US population even knows exists!"

Assuming this is a reference to Fire Emblem, I would have thought that this was true until I became a high school teacher. But I am absolutely amazed at the vast numbers of my students who are all-in on Fire Emblem. Then again, I teach computer programming, so maybe I just have a way higher percentage of total nerds than most other teachers.

Yeah, Fire Emblem is immensely popular at my school, too.

This recent version has also sold faster than any previous entry to the series, so maybe this advertising works?

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Feb 29 2016 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Back when Awakening came out, most of the streetpasses I got on campus had Fire Emblem as the last game they plaeyed. It seemed to be popular for a long time.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 29 2016 05:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:
LeshLush wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:
"Let's advertise a game that only like 2% of the US population even knows exists!"

Assuming this is a reference to Fire Emblem, I would have thought that this was true until I became a high school teacher. But I am absolutely amazed at the vast numbers of my students who are all-in on Fire Emblem. Then again, I teach computer programming, so maybe I just have a way higher percentage of total nerds than most other teachers.

Yeah, Fire Emblem is immensely popular at my school, too.

This recent version has also sold faster than any previous entry to the series, so maybe this advertising works?

I had never heard of Earthbound when the first smash came out, nor Fire Emblem until Marth and Roy were in Melee. I have since bought Earthbound and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and I doubt I ever would have purchased that Fire Emblem game without seeing Marth and Roy in Smash. So yeah, the advertising probably does work.
Reply to topic

Jump to: