SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Won't You Be My Neighbor

Reply to topic
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 08:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Going on a little rant here as it is cathartic...

My life has been pretty crazy over the last few months, mostly due to neighbors. It all started after getting involved with my upstairs neighbor. I call him Mr. Rogers, but his actual name is Joshua. He is a raging alcoholic and possible drug user. He is the epitome of a douche bag, popped collar and all. We used to go out and BBQ which lead to me meeting some other neighbors.

First however, Mr. Rogers. Initially I wanted nothing to do with him but that's sort of hard to avoid with him living upstairs. He is extremely loud and I have learned since that he has a tendency to pee on stuff when he gets drunk to "get the demons out". My girlfriend and myself came home one day sick with the flu and ran into him. He offered to go to buy us medicine if we needed and I decided he wasn't such a bad guy. Big mistake...

Since then I have helped him in cleaning up all the messes he makes and gave him the password for my wifi because he doesn't have Internet. On one occasion upon cleaning up a giant bottle of vodka he dropped on the floor I had to knock him out by chain clawing him directly in the face after trying to save him from cutting himself up crawling around in glass and then tucked him into bed by carrying him to tuck him in after knocking him out.

I had to call the police on him multiple times due to his behavior. This has had no effect on getting him evicted. I had three cops in my house at one point after one incident involving Joshua where one of them stayed to talk with me due to him dealing with Joshua in the past. I told him the story about me knocking him out after attacking me in self defense (he pushed me over a glass table and that could have severely injured me) and told him that I proceeded to carry him to his bedroom to tuck him in. The cop named Mr. Alex Battle (Bad **s name for his profession and is a giant black dude and all around nice guy) had this response:

"Did you just tell me that you knocked out a mother f****r and then tucked him into bed. S**t. You are the nicest guy I know!"

Ironically, Joshua is actually the least of my problems at this point. He actually doesn't bother me anymore and has been pretty nice.

But then there is Diane. I met her at a BBQ with Joshua. She is downright crazy. Another drunk who kicks down doors and started breaking into people apartments. At first she seemed a little bit normal. She is a 54 year old woman that gets so drunk it gets scary. I had to come over to her place one night and remove all of her knives and prescription medications from her after she threatened to kill herself. Maybe I am a sucker for trying to help these crazy people...

Well then Diane hooked up with my 43 year old next door neighbor to my left and started doing the "friends with benefits" thing. You all know how that works out...

This guy next door is named Trevor. I first met him outside while he was smoking on the stairs. Seemed like a cool enough guy, but guess what, another drunk...

He is the sad type of drunk that blames all his problems on everyone else (including me). Oh, he happens to have a kid that he drops of at my house for hours to play my video games so he can get drunk.

I once considered him a friend that just needed help. One night after coming home from a Giants game in San Fransisco he was so drunk he texted me "help me" six hours after he said he would be home with his kid on my couch playing my video games for 15 straight hours. He was sitting on the curb less than 10 feet from his front door not knowing where he was. I had to carry him into his apartment.

Two weeks ago he tried to get a date on Tinder, and surprise, she didn't show up so he gets blackout drunk and cries. Then Joshua shows up telling me that he drove past Trevor's car and he was passed out in the drivers seat crashed into a poll. Of coarse I come to the rescue to drag Trevor into bed.

Eventually I end up calling CPS on this Mother F*****r, as his kid (and himself) are in serious danger as he is driving this kid around with no license with two DUIs. I could give less of a sh*t about the dad but the kid is another story. I have had to resort to keeping his kid away from this guy so that he is at least in a safe place. I eventually contacted his mom as well to inform her of his behavior (drinking and driving his son around and sleeping with the crazy lady Diane while her son is there).

Then there are the Mormons. Just lol...

I have two Mormon missionaries that come over every day. They are really cool kids. However, they are over every single day. We had them over for Christmas, Thanksgiving we drive them to Mormon events ect.

Things just get more crazy...

Ive got crazy drunk guy calling me up because he is too stupid to fix his smart TV upstairs, then Trevor from next door really pissed because I CPSd him while he is still sleeping with the even crazier lady next door; all while there are two Mormons sitting on my couch watching TV with me. All of them knocking at my door.

Just tonight I ran into Trevor and Diane who used many four letter words at me. This is quite ironic as last week Trevor called the cops on her after she physically assaulted him. Now he is sleeping with her. I'm glad I called CPS on him. I think I did the right thing.

But now I am the bad guy...
HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of fucking neighborhood do you live in?

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 01:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7k08Ytdq4

This is my neighborhood. That's the high school I went to at the one end of the street.

And brother, you need to move.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I do need to move.

The strange part is it's a really nice looking complex with fancy fountains all over the place, fancy amenities and all of these drunks have fancy jobs and cars. I just attract weird people apparently.

I'm convinced that no matter where I move I'll just get a new batch or weird people.
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 08:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There's only one way you'll know that for certain.
HardcoreGamer4Ever
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 08:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so we know you don't live in Detroit.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 08:54 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not saying this in a mean way, but it sounds like you're kind of digging the extra drama. Also, there's a difference between being a nice guy and being a doormat. You have no obligation to do any of that shit for any of those people, and it sounds like they'd eventually just drag you down and get you in trouble somehow. The only thing you've done I agree with is calling CPS for that kid. Everything else you could solve and avoid by just not answering the fucking door and not have all this extra drama in your and your girlfriend's lives. So yeah, if literally all of your neighbors beat each other and are raging, loud alcoholics, just move. MOVE MOTHERFUCKER, MOVE. Love you, bye.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Moving isn't always an easy solution. That shit costs money.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Not saying this in a mean way, but it sounds like you're kind of digging the extra drama. Also, there's a difference between being a nice guy and being a doormat. You have no obligation to do any of that shit for any of those people, and it sounds like they'd eventually just drag you down and get you in trouble somehow. The only thing you've done I agree with is calling CPS for that kid. Everything else you could solve and avoid by just not answering the fucking door and not have all this extra drama in your and your girlfriend's lives. So yeah, if literally all of your neighbors beat each other and are raging, loud alcoholics, just move. MOVE MOTHERFUCKER, MOVE. Love you, bye.

Everyone I know has basically told me the same thing. Yes, I have a really hard time saying no to people and they take advantage of that.

I figured if I tried to help these people it be for the best. That backfired on me big time. Now only the Mormons and the kid Aiden with his mother are allowed over. They all know the special super secret knock so I know it's not the goobers at my door.
Arlock41
Title: Naunie
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 09:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds a lot like a modern sitcom.
HardcoreGamer4Ever
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 09:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, that would be awesome! Hey PM, do I have permission to create a sitcom based off your life? It'd be a surefire hit.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 09:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I told my girlfriend the same thing. I fell like I'm living in a sitcom. I sit on my couch with the Mormons with a katana next to me just in case shit gets too crazy.

Joshua also thinks that he is a resurrected Egyptian God who has super powers. According to him he has more money than God, but his mom had to do sign his lease because of his credit. Also due to the fact that he harassed his neighbor girls at the last place he lived.

Diane thinks there is some giant conspiracy against her. She has sued her last three employers for wrongful termination and even the apartment complex. She legally represents herself, which hasn't worked out for her. Sitting on her apartment floor are thousands upon thousands of legal documents for her court cases.

Trevor one random day asked me to babysit this girlfriend of his while my friend Roger was over drawing stuff with my girlfriend and myself. She being a witch made things kind of awkward. I call her Goblin the Witch. She just sat on the couch with a vapid look on her face smoking my friends pot for three hours and didn't say a word...
Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Dec 30 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:
I'm glad I called CPS on him. I think I did the right thing.

Yes, you did.
Probable Muppet wrote:
Yes, I have a really hard time saying no to people and they take advantage of that.

It might not be that they're taking advantage of you, personally. These folks seem to have very destructive lifestyles so their ability to keep things in check seems quite limited (if you give a mouse a cookie...). If you aren't moving, I would definitely try to limit contact/interaction with them.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 12 2016 09:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i agree w/preng. i dont think they are taking advantage of you but really have nowhere else to go, more than likely cuz everyone they know already ditched them.

it does sound like a sitcom, but it also sounds like a huge headache. have you tried talking to the apt complex manager? or HOA or whatever you have out there....

good luck man. hopefully they move out or you find somewhere better.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Jan 12 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Shit man, that sounds crazy... I just hope for your sake these people don't try to get YOU into trouble like JoshWoodzy mentioned.

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jan 15 2016 06:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend hating everyone and never opening your door unless it's the cops or the pizza guy.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jan 15 2016 06:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Holy shit, a Jeebus sighting!
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 17 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dr. Jeebus wrote:
I recommend hating everyone and never opening your door unless it's the cops or the pizza guy.

This is probably some of the best advice for living in an apartment building/complex ever. It worked for me when I lived in NYC.

Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Jan 19 2016 03:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
Dr. Jeebus wrote:

This is probably some of the best advice for living in an apartment building/complex ever. It worked for me when I lived in NYC.

For real. When my ex and I had an apartment together (obvious she wasn't my ex at the time), we never spoke to any of our neighbours, and it worked out great. Never knew any of their names, never even saw half of them in 2+ years living there.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

Reply to topic

Jump to: