SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wii U rumors

Reply to topic
LeshLush
PostPosted: May 01 2014 03:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

These new Mario Kart trailers keep looking more and more awesome. I can only hope it's the absurd clusterfuck of items that Mario Kart Wii was, because I want to race with the Koopalings.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: May 01 2014 03:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I had no interest in Mario Kart 8 until I decided to watch the trailer that everyone kept raving over on a whim. If nothing else, Nintendo sure knows how to make trailers.

Also, I learned just now that it has 30 characters. That is way too many.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

LeshLush
PostPosted: May 01 2014 05:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I understand how a game like Mario Kart can have too many characters. It's not like a fighter where things get too hard to balance. I say the more the merrier.
LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: May 01 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man these Mario Kart trailers are doing the exact opposite of selling me on the game. Stop focusing on gimmicks like cycles and anti-gravity and focus on making the game have a high skill cap. Mario Kart DS was probably the best one because there was a real focus on both quality tracks, good representation from older tracks, a massive skill cap and a roster that wasn't a billion joke characters large.

Really I just want 64's battle mode and DS's gameplay with an option for Double Dash style two-seater mode if I want.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 02:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well it looks like the Wii U is finally worth getting. Alot of solid releases have been released since the end of the last year.

Is it worth getting over a PS4 if your an adult is the question.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 01:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have kids? Get a Wii U.

Do you want to play more casual and lighthearted games? Get a Wii U.

If you don't have kids and you'd rather play more mature games or JRPGs, get a PS4.

If you want more options such as a better online gaming system (with actual communication), more third party support and the ability to play blu-ray discs, get a PS4.

Or more simply... if you really want to play Nintendo first party titles, get a Wii U. If you must play third party titles, PS4.

The Opponent
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 02:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

See I have both of those, but the Wii U gets far more play. That and my PC. I think the last time the PS4 was on was to make my friends play P.T.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 07 2015 07:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:

It isn't though, because Nintendo managed to fuck it up. Where's King Boo? Birdo? Petey Piranha? ROB? Wiggler? Nowhere to be fucking found! And now with the DLC, there are FOUR FUCKING ITERATIONS OF MARIO.

My pet name for the MK8 roster is Mariokraft: Orcs Turtles vs. Humans

They should have included Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and the ghosts, too.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Feb 08 2015 01:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
The-Excel wrote:

It isn't though, because Nintendo managed to fuck it up. Where's King Boo? Birdo? Petey Piranha? ROB? Wiggler? Nowhere to be fucking found! And now with the DLC, there are FOUR FUCKING ITERATIONS OF MARIO.

I know that he's the company mascot, but Mario is starting to become the Ryu of every game he's in, for me, and it's starting to become nauseating.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 27 2015 02:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lol this system is almost dead

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 27 2015 03:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:

Did you ever buy Smash with your tax return like you told me you were going to do a year ago? I demand to beat your ass online, and you've been making this very difficult.
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 27 2015 09:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You guys both bought a Wii U?

Losers.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 28 2015 02:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Did you ever buy Smash with your tax return like you told me you were going to do a year ago? I demand to beat your ass online, and you've been making this very difficult.

I did. It was one of like 7 games I had the whole time I had my Wii U and I sold the whole shebang for drum stuff. Sorry, Leshy Sad

sidewaydriver, suck my anus.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 28 2015 09:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

I forgive you, Woodzy. But only because you bought drum stuff.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jul 28 2015 09:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:

This thread has been called "Wii U rumors" since more than a year before it came out. That's all it's really added up to, hasn't it?

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jul 31 2015 09:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
JoshWoodzy wrote:

This thread has been called "Wii U rumors" since more than a year before it came out. That's all it's really added up to, hasn't it?

8-man smash absolutely changed my life. If that's all that this console had to offer (which is false), it would have been absolutely worth the purchase.
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Jan 17 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Wii U still makes Nintendo money somehow. Mario Maker sold a shit ton of copies. People love Splatoon. Mario Kart sold really well.

I honestly regretted in some ways getting this system as its obviously geared more towards kids than the general masses like the Wii was. Kinda like how the N64 shat on teenagers except for Goldeneye and Conkers with everything else borderline being lamer than PSOne.

It would make more sense in all honesty for Nintendo to have made a budget system like the PSVitaTV which is like 50 bucks. Have Nintendo type games which need nothing more than Vita like graphics and small cost of ownership would have pushed the Wii U into more homes.

Sony totally fucked up the PSVitaTV but a similar concept by Nintendo would have worked. The Wii U did work in some ways(The gamepad is well built and works well) but its price tag for casual games was just too much for me as an adult gamer to want to have a heavy library for. Hence why a Nintendo TV budget console would have been the way to go this generation since its all about software with Nintendo. Nintendo was asking casual gamers to dole out like 400 bucks which is PS4/One territory even before they came out. Nintendo should know by now that their low hardware cost was what pushed game sales in the past. The Gamecube was a 99 dollar system for most of its life. The 3DS/2DS are very affortable. The Wii was price correctly from the start.

Who knows, the Nintendo NX might have some microconsole elements to it as well as on the go type gaming. Nintendo needs to really push itself into that market as that is where it belongs as of 2016.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jan 17 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nintendo needs to go out of business and sell the Zelda franchise off to EA.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jan 17 2016 06:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lol troll alert... out of all the systems i have, the wii u & 3ds get more play than anything else. i dont own an xbox one or ps4 as i dont see any games that are MUST HAVE. if the ps4 released a god of war type game i would probably pick one up, but so far, everything seems ok on it. fallout 4 is probably the only game i would consider getting the system for.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Reply to topic

Jump to: