"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Boast about your random video game achievements here

Reply to topic
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Mar 08 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Currently going through the non-revisionist Resident Evil games, minus the Revelations titles, which I'm saving for a later binge. Having gone through both singular and binary scenarios in the first and second games, respectively, when it came time to go through 3: Nemesis, I decided to play it on Hard Mode; to play as a Jill (and, at one point, a Carlos) who wasn't ridiculously overprepared for a zombie apocalypse. It took some work, especially during the first real battle against Nemesis (the Mine Thrower wasn't quite the Magnum-topper I'd long envisioned) and the trip to the hospital (600 Assault Rifle Bullets would've been better than 300), but I completed it.

Now here's the kicker: I now have to decide whether or not to delete the completed file with the others come my next such binge. If I don't, I'll be on my way to collecting all eight of the game's epilogues, a gradual task that, knowing me, will eat up a good chunk of my upcoming thirties. Of course, if that is the path I choose, there's always the risk I'll forget and delete it anyway, the pain of which would be directly proportional to how many I'd gotten. And that's not even mentioning the possibility of my having a family along the line. You just know the potential for calamity exists there in spades.

Or course, if I do decide to just delete it and go back to playing Easy Mode, none of the above will be an issue. I'll just have to wait 'til I get there, I guess.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 08 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Hard Mode in Resident Evil 3 is definitely one of the only ways you make any of the older Resident Evils more difficult, so I think playing it on Easy mode would kind of ruin it. As I've gone back to the older games, I've found that RE1, RE0 and especially RE2 and Code: Veronica are super easy, which has been kind of a bummer.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Aug 05 2015 04:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I got the Flawless Raider achievement in Destiny a few weeks ago, on my second attempt at it.

Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Aug 06 2015 08:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

I beat the Caravaneer's Challenge on MHU4 on my first try. Really surprising, considering how I usually end up hemorrhaging health on such quests. I did it solely to have the rainbow pigment for my armor, despite how garish it looks.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

jprime
PostPosted: Aug 21 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

After a significant chunk of the Summer, I've finally settled my score with Chrono Cross and, therefore, the Chrono series as a whole. My score with Resident Evil Revelations 2 remains pending.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 22 2015 09:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
After a significant chunk of the Summer, I've finally settled my score with Chrono Cross and, therefore, the Chrono series as a whole. My score with Resident Evil Revelations 2 remains pending.

I've never played Chrono Cross, all because of the backlash when it came out of people saying, "GAH, this isn't really a sequel to Chrono Trigger! This isn't the game we wanted at all!" Now that you've beaten it, what are your thoughts on the game? Is it worth playing? I imagine it is, and I should get over childhood prejudice.
jprime
PostPosted: Aug 22 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's definitely worth playing. The protagonist, Serge, is way better than Crono simply because we learn infinitely more about the former in this game's opening moments than we ever do about the latter throughout the entirety of the first game. The sheer number of playable characters makes your party more like an army. The battle system is innovative, although it can get necessarily monotonous. It might not seem like a sequel at first, but if you're patient and pay attention, it's all explained neatly, though you may be a tad unsatisfied with what you read.

And remember, just as you turn down the fight with Magus in the first game, don't try to kill the final boss, lest you wind up making the same mistake I did last year.
Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 25 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

I got the highest ranking in Silent Hill 4! Apparently I missed two memos (I have no idea where), but the maximum ranking you can get is ten stars, regardless.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Nov 25 2015 12:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Nov 25 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

I bought a PS4! I can't open it until Christmas, but I'm super excited!

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 25 2015 01:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that you have the will power to play through a game as terrible as SH4 is an achievement in itself.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

jprime
PostPosted: Nov 25 2015 03:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

For me, the series didn't get terrible until the next game.
Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 26 2015 03:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I don't see all the hate for Homecoming. It isn't the greatest in the series, but I think it definitely nails the SH atmosphere in at least half of the levels, and some of the monsters are pretty cool. It also upsets me that some people gave up on the series after Homecoming, because Shattered Memories is easily my third favorite game in the series after 3 and 2. The only ones I actively dislike are Downpour and that shitty dungeon crawler on the PS Vita.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Nov 27 2015 02:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Shattered Memories was a fantastic entry for the series and the only worthy entry after the first three. I still have not played Downpour because as I noted before, the monster designs look like something from a Disturbed album cover.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Dec 06 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Dec 13 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

After nearly 130 hours, I finally "beat" Nuclear Throne.
[SPOILER:fa5e62517f]Reaching the Throne is hard enough, but the extra steps needed to loop the game and unlock the final characters were something I couldn't achieve until earlier today.[/SPOILER:fa5e62517f]

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Feb 25 2016 09:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just beat Ocarina of Time with three hearts and no continues. Also, my life no longer seems to have a sense of purpose.
jprime
PostPosted: Feb 26 2016 02:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

By way of a reproduction cartridge, I have finally completed Dragon Quest VI after 54 days, twice those I spent working on V (also a repro), a significant amount of which spent grinding only for gold and, towards the end, class mastery. Thus, I now have the entire Zenithian Trilogy under my belt, along with the Alefgard/Erdrick/Whatever Trilogy. Although I'm now in the market for Dragon Warrior VII, I'm not going to want to touch this franchise again for at least a year. I once read in Nintendo Power that that game has a record-breaking 100-hour playtime, but if that's true, I can safely say that VI has it beat. To put into perspective how long I was playing this game: 54 days into my Final Fantasy binge, I was a fair bit of the way into VII.

As it's now after midnight, I'll be playing as the last two Smash characters today, Bayonetta followed by Corrin. Tomorrow, I'll get back into Batman: The Animated Series for the Game Boy, to which The Adventures Of Batman & Robin on the SNES is the sequel, a fact it took me far too long to realize.

Incidentally, here are the names I've entered so far over the course of the series. The more attentive amongst you should notice a pattern.

I: Harrison
II: Richmond
III: Pasquale, Courtney, Stanford, Lawrence, Orinthal
IV: Wolfgang
V: Tiberius, Alphonse, Michelle
VI: Ebenezer
Cameron
PostPosted: Apr 30 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Beat Dragon Spirit on the NES. A decent shmup with fantastic music.

Cameron
PostPosted: May 15 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Beat Phantom Fighter on the NES.

LeshLush
PostPosted: May 15 2016 01:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've never even heard of Phantom Fighter. Is it worth playing?
Cameron
PostPosted: May 15 2016 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:

It's a side-scrolling proto-fighting game in which you learn special moves to beat the crap out of Chinese zombies. The game can get repetitive (mainly with the amount of grinding it takes to build enough money for new moves), but ultimately I think it's pretty great.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Sep 07 2017 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Last night I was playing Twinkle Star Sprites, one of my all-time favorites, on Twitch. I was minding my own business and suddenly more than a dozen people show up all at once while I was in a tense duel with the final boss. I was so shocked at this influx of attention that I beat it in one credit on my very next game, and with more people watching it live, unlike every other time I beat it in one go where nobody else saw it.
<

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

LeshLush
PostPosted: Sep 07 2017 10:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
LeshLush wrote:

It's a side-scrolling proto-fighting game in which you learn special moves to beat the crap out of Chinese zombies. The game can get repetitive (mainly with the amount of grinding it takes to build enough money for new moves), but ultimately I think it's pretty great.

I'm a year late, but you've sold it to me.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 27 2017 05:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

playing borderlands on a new laptop that can actually run it and I'm having a blast... I just got some random achievement and that's my boast lol

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Reply to topic

Jump to: