[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Smash Bros. [WiiU]

Reply to topic
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Dec 04 2014 07:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
i have grown very partial to rosalina. also, king dedede isnt totally worthless this time around. at least in team battles dedede is good backup.

Rosalina is incredibly powerful, but frankly, she isn't on my list because I suck with her. I can't figure her out! I suck! Razz Seconded on King Dedede.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Dec 05 2014 07:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
I'm still leery of all of the bad things I'm hearing about banned accounts from online play.

That applied only to the 3DS game and has long since been fixed. The real thing to worry about is an online error code that apparently bricks the console.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Got the game, tis fun. Amazon delayed my preorder by a fucking month cause they ran out of copies so I was shipped nothing - even though i preordered like a month in advance.

The only thing I don't like is that Smash Tour board game. It's pretty tedious.

Maining:
King Dedede
Game and Watch
Luigi
Peach

Have to get round to trying out Duck Hunt Dog.
Cameron
PostPosted: Jun 13 2015 01:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In a decision that surprised no one, Ryu is coming to the new Smash Bros. I am so goddamned tired of seeing this character.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jun 14 2015 08:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i on the other hand am very excited about ryu. his move set seems to fit very well with this universe

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Jun 14 2015 09:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm so tired of seeing half baked cunts from a no longer valid 90's niche like Sonic the Hedgehog who hasn't been in a good game of his own since forever (not to mention his fan base being absolutely nuts).

At least Ryu is in quality titles. Can't wait for him.
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jun 15 2015 12:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

I added Roy, Lucas and Ryu, in that order, to the roster and went through the game as all of them. So I'm done with the game, at least for now. When the sun's up, I'll call Nintendo and ask them when we can next expect this sort of thing to happen.
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jun 15 2015 02:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

So there was a Nintendo World Championships yesterday and Smash Bros. was one of the games and

Also I marked big time when they announced Hyrule Castle 64, complete with tornado.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jun 15 2015 04:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:

Hulk Hogan co-made the worst video of 1986.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 17 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was disappointed by the inclusion of Roy, but I am really rooting for Pichu and Ice Climbers now. Might as well finish the Melee roster. Hell, maybe even add a special Melee Mode where Smashes - even Pity Smashes - and post-Melee items are disabled.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
LordHuffnPuff
Title: Mahna Mahna
PostPosted: Jun 17 2015 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Ice Climbers aren't coming, ever, because apparently the 3DS hardware can't handle them.

____________҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉)___________
I am currently on an extended hiatus from the IRC chat room. If you need me, send a PM and I will get back to you as promptly as I am able.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
The Opponent
PostPosted: Jun 17 2015 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

New 3DS can for sure, though.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 19 2015 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LordHuffnPuff wrote:
Ice Climbers aren't coming, ever, because apparently the 3DS hardware can't handle them.

They could make it Ice Climber, then. And make Nana an alternate costume.

But if the fans voted for it, they could do it. Equal content for inequal platforms is a poor idea. It's like holding back a whole second grade class a year because one kid in that class is failing.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
username
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 07:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In the latest Nintendo Direct, Cloud has been formally announced to be a character in Super Smash Bros. Like Ryu, it appears that cloud will come with a new stage from his respective franchise. The reveal also showed Cloud in two different sets of costumes, and it even dropped a new Chocobo Mii costume. Cloud's Final Smash appears to be a Limit Breaker from Final Fantasy VII. More is still being reported as we speak, so stay tuned to Gamnesia for more. -

See more at: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/cloud-the-star-of-final-fantasy-vii-is-joining-super-smash-bros.-for-wii-u1#disqus_thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_MdaIHOtk

Klimbatize wrote:

The Opponent
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 08:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I just know there's huge amounts of sorrow from Sony fanboys that "their character" betrayed their trust to go to Nintendo. I just can't be bothered to fish it out right now.

Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 09:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm kind of confused as to why Cloud is going to be in Smash given he's never really had a major presence in any game on a Nintendo console. I dunno, to be honest, I feel kind of lukewarm about his inclusion. On one hand, his gameplay does look pretty cool, especially with the giant summons that appear to make major alterations to stages, even if his regular attacks & specials kind of just look like all of the other Fire Emblem characters.

On the other hand, I thought that all of the DLC from here on out was supposed to be fan-voted, and while I'm sure some people voted for Cloud's inclusion (I don't actually know anyone who did), this pretty much dashes my hopes that Nintendo is going to actually listen to fans. I also wish his attacks actually implemented any materia (other than the summons), but whatever. And, while this is entirely personal opinion, I've never really been that interested in Cloud as a character (I find virtually everyone from FFVII, with the possible exception of Vincent and Cait Sith, more engaging and developed). This announcement came out of left field for me, and I mean that in a good and a bad way.

Arlock41
Title: Naunie
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 09:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I would of preferred getting a Final Fantasy character from one of the Nintendo era games.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 09:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Arlock41 wrote:
I would of preferred getting a Final Fantasy character from one of the Nintendo era games.

Agreed. I think that Cecil or either of the Figaro twins would be good fits.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 09:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

meh. another sword fighter. he looks cool but thats another impossibly long sword to deal with. i do like his music & stage though.

also, in response to cameron, i dont think this was the 'ballot winner' as the ballot just ended last month. i dont think they can spit out a character that quickly. he looks to be almost finished as well.

also, i dont think there is a ballot winner tbh. that ballot feels more like it was a market research to see what fans want & nintendo would do whatever they can to try & get the rights to that character. no guarantee they would get the rights though. i mean if everyone voted for kratos, im sure sony wouldnt allow him to show up on a nintendo game. or master chief for that matter.

they are going to reveal more news in december so we might get more info on the ballot results then.

Klimbatize wrote:

LeshLush
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 09:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed on wanting Cecil much more than I would want Cloud. I also have a hard time believing that Nintendo would want to use a character that's never been on a Nintendo console, and most Nintendo fans associate strongly with the N64 vs. PS1 console wars. I feel like this has to mean that the FFVII remake is going to be on the next Nintendo console.
username
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 09:52 pm Reply with quote Back to top

he was in the kingdom hearts game for the GBA iirc, and in theathrythm or however you spell it

Klimbatize wrote:

Cameron
PostPosted: Nov 12 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
he was in the kingdom hearts game for the GBA iirc, and in theathrythm or however you spell it

Does that really "count" though? It's like if they added Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill games into Smash with the justification that he was in that shitty kart racer on the GBA.

Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Nov 13 2015 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really wish I could get into the hype for this series. It all sounds so great, but the gameplay just doesn't wow me. I think I'm broken or something.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

The Opponent
PostPosted: Nov 13 2015 01:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

The fartiness over Cloud in Super Smash Bros. is astounding, just like I hoped. This gets better the more you look at it. I love this.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Nov 14 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
username wrote:

Does that really "count" though? It's like if they added Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill games into Smash with the justification that he was in that shitty kart racer on the GBA.

Cloud has been in more games on Nintendo platforms than Solid Snake, I'm pretty sure.

Reply to topic

Jump to: