"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Iron Maiden Heroclix

Reply to topic
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: May 06 2015 06:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure Hulkbuster is going for a ridiculous amount right now. The Avengers Assembled set is, from everything I've heard and seen, fun, and has a lot of novel pieces like "What If" chases and the like.

I have a local shop that has a good playgroup (8-12 usual players, more for big events, and we're planning a ROC at some point), but we usually allow for Bronze Age (all carded figs, no Golden Age stuff). Put it this way, here's the teams I have planned out for the next two weeks:

5/13
300 pt Bronze Age, no resources, entities, or bystander tokens; all figs must have either "Joey Wheeler" keyword or have lived in or done hero/villain work in New York at some point.

299 point Soldier theme team
ASM #04 Blade (86 pts.)
CA #031 Steve Rogers (99 pts.)
WotL #105r Green Lantern (John Stewart) (95 pts.) w/ WotL 205.04 Sinestro Corp Wall construct (10 pts.)
NML S102 Batarangs (10 pts.)

5/20
600 point Bronze Age, each figure on team must have wings or a blade. 1st, 2nd, and Felllowship winners from previous week can use 1 figure that does not have wings or a blade. Players can use the Yu-Gi-Oh! Book of the Millennium resource, or relics from the Book. I don't have that resource, so I'm stuck running a relic. I might add someone with a really blatant, huge gun or blunt weapon, should I end up getting one of the three spots from the week prior.

600 pt. Warrior theme team
MKR #12 Norowas (100 pts.)
ACR #06 The Vanguard (50 pts.)
GotG #01 Gamora (55 pts.)
GotG #040 Martyr (160 pts.)
WotL #017 Boodikka (75 pts.)
BOTM S102 Millennium Ring (10 pts.)

Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, http://www.hcrealms.com/index.php?page=units is the best goddamn page to find Heroclix information on in the entire world.

I would strongly advise against buying more Street Fighter unless you're trying for the shadow figs; the set, overall, is pretty terrible compared to most other sets. Not Lone Ranger terrible, but not very good.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Ubersnaps
PostPosted: May 06 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Probable Muppet wrote:

Last time we had a get together we had competition on who could draw the best breasts. The one that won didn't have breasts. 8)

I demand a rematch.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 06 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:

600 pt. Warrior theme team
MKR #12 Norowas (100 pts.)
ACR #06 The Vanguard (50 pts.)
GotG #01 Gamora (55 pts.)
GotG #040 Martyr (160 pts.)
WotL #017 Boodikka (75 pts.)
BOTM S102 Millennium Ring (10 prs.)

Okay no more Street Fighter. Thanks...

Couldn't you fit one of these in?

http://herominis.com/archangel-wxm067-marvel-wolverine-and-the-x-men-067.html

Ubersnaps wrote:
Probable Muppet wrote:

Last time we had a get together we had competition on who could draw the best breasts. The one that won didn't have breasts. Cool

I demand a rematch.

You're not going to win.
aeonic
PostPosted: May 06 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have one! I have the team base, but got it via trade without the fig for a pretty reasonable deal. I got two packs of Avengers Assemble today, and got the following:
#003 Aleph
#005 Scarlet Spider
#009 Turbo
#012 Hellcat
#023 Veil
#025 Forgotten One
#026 Silverclaw
#027 Smasher
#041a Star Brand
#043 Abyss

Two out of ten figures are Power Cosmic TA. It's a pretty sweet set.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 07 2015 08:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, got a CTD of JLA 10th that I will be able to pick up in about four hours later this morning and a case of Avengers Assemble coming sometime soon to open.

I'm officially hooked and have gone overboard.
aeonic
PostPosted: May 07 2015 11:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be keeping my thumbs up, hoping you end up pulling a chase from the set. From what we know thus far, it's Rick Jones (w/Namor, Blazing Skull, and Captain America POGS!), Captain America wearing Nova's helmet, future Hulk/the Maestro, Iron Man (in Iron Monger armor), and King Thor. The fact that they included New Warriors, at least one NewUniversal character, and the first Korvac we've had in seven years pleases me greatly.

Also, if you happen to get a dupe Constantine or Green Arrow from the JLA New 52 CTD, I ache for those. I need them inside of me (Heroclix collection, yarr).

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 07 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
I'll be keeping my thumbs up, hoping you end up pulling a chase from the set. From what we know thus far, it's Rick Jones (w/Namor, Blazing Skull, and Captain America POGS!), Captain America wearing Nova's helmet, future Hulk/the Maestro, Iron Man (in Iron Monger armor), and King Thor. The fact that they included New Warriors, at least one NewUniversal character, and the first Korvac we've had in seven years pleases me greatly.

Also, if you happen to get a dupe Constantine or Green Arrow from the JLA New 52 CTD, I ache for those. I need them inside of me (Heroclix collection, yarr).

Wait I bought the DC 10th anniversary, sorry.

Batgirl #006
Brainiac #005
Wonder Woman #022
Catwoman #015
Catwoman #008
Brainiac #012

Robin #014
A fucking broken Blue Beetle #009
Batman #001
Catwoman #008
Brainiac #012
Superman #021

Lex Luther #013
Flash #018
Nightwing #017
Wonder Woman #002
Green Lantern #011

John Jones #003
Wonder Woman #002
Lex Luther #013
Lex Luther #020
Blue Beetle #016
Batman #001
Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: May 07 2015 05:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I used to use that Superman a lot. He's solid for the points and the Hypertime TA can really mess up people's strategies. And I think Wonder Woman #022 is the Black Lantern Chase, right?

Also, Let me know if you want to trade some bulk duplicates after your binge shopping spree is over Smile
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 07 2015 08:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that Superman sculpt is pretty nice and the Wonder Women is Black Lantern. You are welcome to trade for any of the doubles I have. I have posted everything I have pulled so far in this thread. All that I'm waiting on are the two Avengers bricks. Those should be here by the 13th at the latest.

I bunch of little tiny people have invaded my apartment. I have know idea where to put them.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 07 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JLA Trinity Boosters:

Doctor Light #003a
Copperhead #015
Signalman #016
Aqua Man #018
Batman #051

Doctor Light #003b
Vibe #006
Blackgate Guard #010
#024 Not Named???
Killer Frost #054

Black Lightning #001
Bizarro #017
Ultraman #25
Scarecrow #030
Deadman #039

Exactly the same as a booster I bought last week...

Frankenstein #040
Dr. Sivana #032
Green Arrow #021
Atlantean #007 (Bond, James Bond)
Another black Lightning

Vandal Savage #048
Owl Man #026
Cyborg #019
The Trench #008
Catwoman #002
A yellow rock

Another Atlantean
Another Sea King
Firestorm #020
Superwoman #027
Another The Grid
An orange rock

A double of the last booster...

Black Orchid #005
Parademon #012
Atomic #013 (Bent down to the base due to packaging on his back. I guess he's out of clicks.)
Mera #028
Black Adam #058

Another Doctor Light a
Another Signalman
Another Superwoman
Another Sivana
Shaggy Man #048

Johnny Quick #043
Another Aquaman
Another guard
Another Vibe
Another Black Orchid

DEO Agent #009
Another Parademon
Madam Xanadu #023
The Outsider #031a
The Outsider #057

Another 007
Another Sea King
Green Arrow #021
Green Lantern #036
Wraith #067

No White Rabbit Confused

It's okay though, she's in the mail.
aeonic
PostPosted: May 08 2015 01:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sweet friggin' pulls; looks like you got 1 Chase (Wrath), 2 relics/Rock of Eternity or Pandora's Box resource items (sounds like Gluttony and Greed, based off of the colors), 4 Super-Rares... about standard for a brick. The Batman you pulled alone is a monster. A monster that jumps on top of buildings and then Pulse Waves the fuck out of you.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 08 2015 03:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
The Batman you pulled alone is a monster. A monster that jumps on top of buildings and then Pulse Waves the fuck out of you.

Nice, but can he get rid of a bomb?

-------------

Besides the White Rabbit in the mail which I just dropped 89 bucks on and the two Avengers bricks coming maybe I should start trading stuff now and stop binging.

I went to the other comic book store mentioned and it happened to be Heroclix night and the judge was there so I asked him if they had a White Rabbit; he said they have never even pulled one and my girlfriend offered him money if he would have told me no if they did. Then I bought the JLA Trinity Brick and when I didn't get one, EBay time...

Sorry girlfriend, need a White Rabbit. She is going to murder me. At least I cleaned up the little people that have accumulated over the past couple of weeks that are all over the apartment.

Also bought a couple maps and the new Avenger tokens. She insisted to buy a map and picked the Danger Room "Cuz it has Dangers". "Dammit I don't have any X-Men though." I say to myself.

Still need the thing to put those relics on. I'm going to cool it down and buy singles now.

-------------

They did have a game going too. Five guys, a lady and one of them playing with his 10 year old daughter having a huge battle with about 20 figures. It looked like fun.

http://m.imgur.com/uFfyNCw

Damn you Aeonic for making this thread. Very Happy

That bin is deeper than it looks and there are more to come.

Interesting to that vampire I pulled does not have a name printed on the base, is this unusual? Does WizKids have a problem with quality control?
aeonic
PostPosted: May 08 2015 02:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LOLOLOLOL!

Wizkids has some shaky quality as far as what goes in boosters some times; ASM, which the Vampire is from, and Incredible Iron Man were the worst offenders in recent history. I got a Crimson Cowl Super-Rare with no dial, just the fig and top part of the base. They're usually pretty good, though; to be honest, if they have more dynamic sculpts, there's usually less fuck-ups for some reason. The White Rabbit is a piece that more people are collecting for collection's sake rather than playability, but she's surprisingly good, especially if you do something dicky and manage to put Mystics on her. You can order the Rock of Eternity/Pandora's Box resource for about 20 bucks online right now; the individual Sins that go on it are 4-7 bucks a piece. I'm only missing one, but I only have the Rock of Eternity resource. I should've got Pandora's Box instead.

Welcome to plasticrack Hell. I have two three-tier drawers, a ten gallon tackle box, and three shoeboxes worth of figures, maps, tokens, and dice, all just for Clix. I regularly give away 50-100 figs when we do New Guy Nights at the store because of all the dupes I end up getting, but I'm somewhere in the 1-2K range as far as number of figures go now.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 13 2015 07:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, see the next post. Edited out the the pulls and just posted them all by boosters.

Also, any dream sculpts you guys want? I need to draw more stuff anyways so I would like to concept some sculpts. I will do my research.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 14 2015 05:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

By booster breakdown:

Son of the Serpent
Echo
Cammi
Justin Seyfert
Hybrid
Falcon ID card

Scarlet Spider
3-D Man Prime
Cammi
Abyss
King Thor Chase

Mettle
Hellcat
Forgotten One
Moonstone
Starbrand Prime

Turbo
Firebird
Silverlaw
Smasher
Captian Universe
Justice ID card

Reptil
Firebird
Justice
Veil
Immortus

Turbo
Living Lightning
Thunderstrike
ForgottenOne
Manifold
Hercules ID card

Black Widow
Echo
Triathlon
Spider Woman
Black Swan

Firebird
Hellcat
Justice
Kale Bishop
Ronin

Son of the Serpent
Scarlet Spider
Living Lightning
Ultragirl
Ms. Marvel

Triathlon
Justice
Sliverclaw
Superia
Loki
Sandman ID card

Black Widow
Mettle
Rage
Veil
Nightmask

Aleph
Son of the Serpent
Echo
Falcon
Tricks Shot
Rick Jones ID card

Black Widow
Reptile
Turbo
Whirlwind
Red Skull

Triathlon
Rage
Moonstone
Superia
Nova

Hawkeye
Living Lightning
Swordsman
Starbrand
Black Widow Chase

Hazmat
Reptil
Hellcat
Spider Woman
Red Wolf

Hawkeye
Hazmat
Falcon
D-Man
Sand Man

Son of the Serpent
Scarlet Spider
Hazmat
Falcon
Jarvis

Aleph
Rage
Thunder Strike
Ulragirl
Sersi

Aleph
Justice
Swordsman
Whirlwind
Arcade
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 15 2015 08:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic
PostPosted: May 29 2015 01:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

Woot woot! I want to get a pic of some of the LE figs that I've won for tourney attendance. I'm pruning my collection for another New Guy Night that we're going to be running at my venue soon. We're also possibly expanding to a second day of play. I'm going to be in the Florida State ROC at Glass Cabinet Hobbies later this month, so I've got to get a team in shape for it.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: May 29 2015 01:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

Also bought the Steve Rogers Chase and Captain America Super Rare. Let me know how your team turns out.
aeonic
PostPosted: May 31 2015 08:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My team's done pretty well in playtesting thus far, something like 13-2. It's a Crime Syndicate theme team with the full Phoenix Force resource, and a lot of people don't seem to expect anyone to even run themes with all the Entities and such in the tournament meta environment. I mean, I guess we'll know just how well it'll do as of the latter half of June!

aeonic
PostPosted: Jun 04 2015 07:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Double post because fuck it, it's super-important!

Teenage Mutant Turtle Heroclix.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE HEROCLIX!

My inner 7 year old and my current form just high-fived each other through hyperspace.
http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2015/06/03/wizkids-partners-with-nickelodeon-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tabletop-games/

We got fucked on Hello Kitty Heroclix, but this is real deal.

Rogue Hippo
PostPosted: Jun 11 2015 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
Double post because fuck it, it's super-important!

Teenage Mutant Turtle Heroclix.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE HEROCLIX!

My inner 7 year old and my current form just high-fived each other through hyperspace.
http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2015/06/03/wizkids-partners-with-nickelodeon-for-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tabletop-games/

We got fucked on Hello Kitty Heroclix, but this is real deal.

Whoa! I haven't check this for awhile. That's awesome!

I wonder how many figures they'll give us? The Turles, Bebob, Rocksteady, Shredder, Splinter for sure. They should be fun!
aeonic
PostPosted: Jun 29 2015 09:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So, I went to the Florida State Realms Open Championship (ROC) tournament this Saturday. I had to get up at an abysmal 4 am, and our carload and another carful of people made it to Melbourne at around 8:30 am, 7 souls in all. It was a constructed 300 point Modern Age event, and I ran Teen Titans Leash, Superman and Legion of Superheroes Highfather, and Avengers Assemble Jarvis with the Phoenix Force on all three, Cyclops Fragment on Leash, Magik fragment on Highfather, and Emma Frost on Jarvis with Colossus on the Phoenix Force base. I used Iron Man, Sersi, and Hank Pym ID cards with three Iron Man figures, Goliath, Hank Pym, Yellowjacket, and Sersi. I went 2-2 in the prelims but had the highest score via Capture. I went to the sports bar next to the venue and got shitfaced because I thought I'd been eliminated and was several whiskey sours in before I was told I was 16 in the top 16. I blasted the #1 seed who was 4-0 in my first game and ended up losing to the guy who seconded Worlds this year and last year.

For my efforts, I got 10 ROC points, a ROC exclusive map, tokens, and dice, the Animal Man 2015 Con Exclusive figure, the Sandman ID card, and Sandman, Manifold, Captain Universe, Hulk, and Ms. Marvel from Avengers Assemble. Everyone was super-nice and it was a pretty amazing time. I will be playing more competitive-level Heroclix from here on out.

Rogue Hippo
PostPosted: Jul 07 2015 09:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

aeonic wrote:
So, I went to the Florida State Realms Open Championship (ROC) tournament this Saturday. I had to get up at an abysmal 4 am, and our carload and another carful of people made it to Melbourne at around 8:30 am, 7 souls in all. It was a constructed 300 point Modern Age event, and I ran Teen Titans Leash, Superman and Legion of Superheroes Highfather, and Avengers Assemble Jarvis with the Phoenix Force on all three, Cyclops Fragment on Leash, Magik fragment on Highfather, and Emma Frost on Jarvis with Colossus on the Phoenix Force base. I used Iron Man, Sersi, and Hank Pym ID cards with three Iron Man figures, Goliath, Hank Pym, Yellowjacket, and Sersi. I went 2-2 in the prelims but had the highest score via Capture. I went to the sports bar next to the venue and got shitfaced because I thought I'd been eliminated and was several whiskey sours in before I was told I was 16 in the top 16. I blasted the #1 seed who was 4-0 in my first game and ended up losing to the guy who seconded Worlds this year and last year.

For my efforts, I got 10 ROC points, a ROC exclusive map, tokens, and dice, the Animal Man 2015 Con Exclusive figure, the Sandman ID card, and Sandman, Manifold, Captain Universe, Hulk, and Ms. Marvel from Avengers Assemble. Everyone was super-nice and it was a pretty amazing time. I will be playing more competitive-level Heroclix from here on out.

Sounds like a good time. I'm live about 45 minutes from where it was hosted and really wanted to attend but I just didn't commit the time to finding a good team and practicing.

What type of teams did the competition bring? I've never really done a competitive-level event and I'm always worried that they'll be full of alpha-strike and turtle teams that just aren't a lot of fun to play against.
aeonic
PostPosted: Jul 08 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Rogue Hippo wrote:
aeonic wrote:

Sounds like a good time. I'm live about 45 minutes from where it was hosted and really wanted to attend but I just didn't commit the time to finding a good team and practicing.

What type of teams did the competition bring? I've never really done a competitive-level event and I'm always worried that they'll be full of alpha-strike and turtle teams that just aren't a lot of fun to play against.

There was some crazy, ridiculous bullshit on the tables, which I actually thought was great. Here's some of the teams I saw (* played against):
Alpha Class Sentinel (Attack/Defense Mode), Trinity War FF Atomica w/Adara for 19 DV Defend, some pogs, full Book of the Skull*. I lost against this the very first round.

Trinity War Superman w/Parallax, Sinestro Corps Battery, Ring, Constructs* - Played this team round two, won in five minutes with a decent Capture roll on Supes.

Kree Supreme Intelligence
Mirror Match where two guys played the same team and scored a double-loss because nobody got damaged. Gluttony/Ressurection Man and Star Sapphire Battery/Ring/Constructs for both
Red Lantern Corps (WOTL Guy Gardner, Dex-Starr, Lydea Mallor w/Butcher, Red Lantern Battery/Ring/Constructs* My second loss in prelims
Korvac/Juston Seyfert/Book of the Skull* - Guy who went 4-0 in prelims, Korvac got captured by me 5 minutes in, done game
50 pt. Legacy of Hank Pym Ant Man, WotL Kyle Rayner, Green Battery/Ring/Constructs*, Kyle got caught via Capture, game ended quick. Player was state champ's dad.
Rock of Eternity w/ Full Sins on TT Dr. Light, Resurrection Man, ID cards (Ronin, Nova, Spider-Man)* - Phil Issacson Jr, won the whole shebang.

The difference between my usual weekly tourney attendance and this was interesting, because people ran some fucking cheesetacular teams, but it actually seemed easier and more fun to play against people I didn't know than the same people I play every week. There were a few turtle-y teams, but any competitive-level team is going to be able to break turtling, and alpha-strike is tough to pull off because most people account for that with map choice and positioning.

aeonic
PostPosted: Sep 21 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

My wife beat me but lost in the finals to take 2nd in our local ROC event this past Saturday. I came in fourth. She's taking the gigantic 90 dollar Nekron she won and making a lamp out of it.

Reply to topic

Jump to: