0%  [ 0 ]
Executive Decision
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 27 2006 10:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

With "United 93" coming out soon, I had to watch an Airplane terrorist film that we won.

I haven't watched "Executive Decision" in awhile, so I ended up watching that. I honestly haven't watched the film since 9/11. While the film is a decade old, they certain recreated a 9/11 vibe for me. Especially the amazing performance by Hercule Poirot.

I felt pretty damn patriotic by the end of the film, but I know "Air Force One" has the same effect on me.

I kinda love them both equally. AFO is like our wacky cousin, while ED is the more serious, silent companion.

Plus, this time around I noted that the "Predator" writers (Jim and John Thomas) wrote the flick. I was actually quite impressed with their work. It's one of those "I can't believe it's not based on a book!" films.

There's also a big spoiler reason why I really love ED, but it turns out someone I watched it with DIDN'T KNOW! so I can't post it, but you know what I'm talking about Wink

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 27 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Having just watched Breakdown, I'm gonna pick the Kurt Russell vehicle. Executive Decision all the way.

You know, we should have included a bunch of plane movies and had them all fight it out for supremacy: Airplane, Snakes On a Plane, Con-Air...

But none of those Airport movies from the 70s. Fuck that shit.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 27 2006 11:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Having just watched Breakdown, I'm gonna pick the Kurt Russell vehicle. Executive Decision all the way.

You know, we should have included a bunch of plane movies and had them all fight it out for supremacy: Airplane, Snakes On a Plane, Con-Air...

But none of those Airport movies from the 70s. Fuck that shit.

As much as I had wanted to put Con-Air on the poll, ED and AFO are both highly patriotic films. As United 93 will probably be pro-America, I thought it was only fair to have the two gluttons battle it out.

Fact: J.T. Walsh and Kurt Russell were both in ED and Breakdown. Only one survived.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Reply to topic

Jump to: