SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Walking Dead Season 5

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Feb 09 2015 02:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Plus I'd say he got at least some sort of closure and got to give up on his own terms. And we got to see Beth, the kids, Governor and Bob again! As cheesy as it was, it was still good to see them.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 09 2015 03:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The Governor suddenly turning into a zombie was a bit silly, but yeah, I'm glad those people all got another paycheck.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Alowishus
PostPosted: Feb 10 2015 05:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I really hate when the show tries to pull artsy bullshit like this.

This. I felt it was a bit of an avant-garde episode.

I really don't have much to say about it. It did feel kind of weak that Tyreese didn't hear the walker coming. It also was kind of weird to me how they can just sort of sneak up without you noticing and how he couldn't overpower one walker.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Feb 10 2015 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Still not as stupid as Dale's death, where a fucking walker takes him by surprise in the middle of a big open field and immediately rips him open like a soggy pinata.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Cattivo
PostPosted: Feb 13 2015 05:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like the artsy stuff, it's everything I've wanted the show to be. Now, when a comedy show gets too artsy, like Community, I hate it. That show got ruined by jamming its head up its own ass.

I was surprised to see Tyreese go. Comic fans built him up as a great character, but he ended up being a guy with great zombie killing potential, going crazy with that hammer, to someone who was too overwhelmed by pain to act. Disappointing.
GeorgeTaylor
Title: Miss Madness 99
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 03:47 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
I second watching The Americans. Damn good show. One of my very favorites, ever.

Good show, most boring pilot ever.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 03:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Noooooo! RIP Rick's beard.

But seriously, I'm excited to see what goes on next. A full functioning community? Yeah, we've seen that before, but this seems a little less sinister. I feel outside forces would be more to blame if this fell, not creepy murderous leaders or something like before.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 02 2015 06:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like they foreshadowed those outside forces, too, when the leader lady mentioned she had exiled three people, which was as good as killing them.
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Mar 04 2015 01:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

With as feral as Rick's group has become, I think THEY are the biggest threat to the community. I mean, they (The Group) are basically just like the people of Terminus, without the cannibalism. Though, they did enjoy a nice canine feast, so maybe they aren't very far removed. I think this community can either help them regain some humanity, or they will reject it, being too far gone from what was once considered normal.
GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Mar 07 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

It seems so long ago that Rick killed his cop friend to the point where I bet some people forget he was even on the show.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 16 2015 05:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It sure is a good thing Beth traded her life for Noah's!
Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 19 2015 09:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

That was one of the most gruesome deaths in a while...
GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 04:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Season Finale was kinda meh....

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 05:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Season Finale was fine. They didn't kill Glenn, which I liked. They didn't kill Gabriel or Sasha, which I disliked.

The gate getting left open was stupid.
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

At this rate, I'm expecting a black person wielding either sais or nunchaku to show up in the next season.

Overall, it was nice to finally bring back the guy from the first season, though I look forward to Rick's conversations with him next season. I was expecting Gabriel or Glenn to die, possibly even Rick.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mar 31 2015 05:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

You know, we never saw who Rick shot. I saw a fan theory that Rick shot Reggie, to keep him from turning, and not Pete.
Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 31 2015 09:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

Any episode with Morgan in it is automatically great. That theory might be put to the test next season, though.
GeorgeTaylor
PostPosted: Apr 03 2015 01:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Season Finale was fine. They didn't kill Glenn, which I liked. They didn't kill Gabriel or Sasha, which I disliked.

I know that no one wants to see Glenn die, same with Darryl but it is getting sort of tiresome that you can pretty much guess who will be next to go.

SPOILERS

The whole Beth and Everybody Hates Chris was such a waste of a good character who played really well off Darryl only to bring in a guy who they rush to develop and kill 3 episodes later. The preacher guy was an annoying prick who everyone wants to die then they are all of a sudden holding his hand when Maggie knew he wanted them dead and shes all of a sudden cool with him? Then you have wife beating husband with a sword cutting mayor woman's husband throat in a semi comedic way and then letting Rick shoot dude like a dog when mayor woman is shown to be someone to not play off her emotions when it comes to decisions. Just seems like they are still after all these years are trying to force how you should feel about certain characters with extreme hyperbole and I hate the lame dialogue they use to convey it like im brain dead to undertones. You also have random Prison dude who probably would have cooperated in real life shitting in a freezer back a few seasons ago in a zombie apocalyse spends like 5 minutes trying to piss off Rick knowing he has a gun and means buisness. I mean cmon, are people really that dumb to bite the hand that feeds them within 10 seconds of being let out of a room they were in for 6 months? Could they have no let the guy say nothing so when he acts dangerous its a surprise instead of seeing it a mile away?

This series is clearly being dragged out just for the sake of being dragged out because teens mainly 10-15 watch the heck out of it and it brings in advertising dollars. AMC does this same kind of shit with Mad Men doing half seasons 6 months apart and advertising the show for like a month every commercial break. JUST AIR THE DAMN SHOW ALREADY.

Also, I have basically determined that the following won't die anytime soon

Rick
Micchone
Carl
Darryl
Glenn
Maggie

My guess on the next to go is Carol. She has been acting like she is important lately alas how Dale was.

anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Apr 09 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:

Ya, I'm pretty sick of Gabriel. Didn't mind him at first because I thought his story was at least a bit interesting, but after the first episode or two he was in I was ready to part with him.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Apr 20 2015 09:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, I thought Tyreese's death was handled pretty well, all things considered. The episode definitely moved me (particularly as one character pointed out that the "moral centers" of the group keep dying), but I definitely appear to be a lot less cynical than most of you guys. Razz Also, I find the usage of the term "pulp comic" towards The Walking Dead questionable.

Rogue Hippo
Title: Lone Wolf Hippo
PostPosted: Apr 20 2015 02:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I quit watching the show when The Governor reappeared. It sounds like he's dead now. Is he really dead and is the show worth picking up again?
Cattivo
PostPosted: Apr 21 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

It got better. Still ridiculous at times, but the zombie genre seems to mandate that. I would argue that it's actually become a quality show (just one with stupid plot logic every other episode).
Reply to topic

Jump to: