SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Better Call Saul

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who knows me here knows that I hate literally everything on the entire planet except for like, steak, Ween, alcohol, 3% of video games ever and a few TV shows here and there. That said, I was SUPER skeptical about this show when it was announced. It sounded so forced and goofy.

BUT, it's turned out fucking AMAZING. The season finale was last night, and the whole season was just fantastic through and through. I've always loved Bob Odenkirk, and I've liked Michael Mckean even longer, so it was just a treat seeing them share the screen back and forth. The rest of the cast does well with their roles and the whole story is just top notch. Give it a chance, fuckers.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 04:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Anyone who knows me here knows that I hate literally everything on the entire planet except for like, steak, Ween, alcohol, 3% of video games ever and a few TV shows here and there. That said, I was SUPER skeptical about this show when it was announced. It sounded so forced and goofy.

BUT, it's turned out fucking AMAZING. The season finale was last night, and the whole season was just fantastic through and through. I've always loved Bob Odenkirk, and I've liked Michael Mckean even longer, so it was just a treat seeing them share the screen back and forth. The rest of the cast does well with their roles and the whole story is just top notch. Give it a chance, fuckers.

First off, what the fuck is Ween? Secondly, I was also quite skeptical about this show but I will check it out. Did hear that Jesse might be coming back for the next season?
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 09:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

It's a different feel than Breaking Bad but I've really enjoyed it too.

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Apr 08 2015 03:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Me and folks I know where pretty skeptical as well, but it's been a very solid first season. Having Saul and Mike onscreen provides for some good familiarity from Breaking Bad, but as Josh said, there are enough other new characters and developments to keep the show interesting. Definitely not the cash grab I first viewed it to be.

As an accountant I loved the whole treasurer scandal subplot.
anorexorcist
Title: Polar Bear
PostPosted: Apr 09 2015 10:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think I was quite as skeptical going into the show, but I was definitely surprised by how drawn to it I have become. I was kind of afraid last nights episode was the finale, only because I want more of it sooner than next year. This show, Walking Dead, The Americans and to a lesser degree Last Man On Earth are the only current shows I've been keeping up with consistently.

Lawyers, Guns and Money

Reply to topic

Jump to: