"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Positronic Man

Reply to topic
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Sep 06 2007 03:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's the book that they based Bicentenial Man off of, and I think its great, kinda short, but just plain good.

And Bicentenial Man is a much better story of Artificial Intelligence becoming self aware than A.I., I know it was originally a Stanley Kubrik script before Steven Speilburg got ahold of it, but I really dont like that movie.

Also Short Circuit is the absolute best story about robots coming to life, and possibly one of the best 80s movies ever.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Sep 06 2007 04:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Dumb Fact of the day:

Bicentenial man was based off a story by Isaac Asimov. Who created the concept of a "Positronic Brain". In honor of him, the Android Data on Star Trek had a Positronic Brain.
xpiriasoni
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 02:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

There's also a d20 system RPG with the license. Never played it or read the books though.??

Are you interested in ccna training itil? Get our self paced ccna and passguideitil study packages to pass your without any difficulty in www.usuhs.mil lsat.

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Short Circuit and batteries not included are two movies from the '80s that really sparked my interest in robotics and A.I. I'm also really looking forward to Ex Machina. That being said, I've neither seen, nor (bringing it back to the main topic) read the material affiliated with Blade Runner beyond the Tiny Toons parody.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Reply to topic

Jump to: