"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The DC Cinematic Universe

Reply to topic
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 01:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

So how are we all feeling about the DC movies coming out?

I've been pretty on the fence, especially in regards to casting. The Batman V Superman movie cast is actually one I'm looking forward to (yes, even Ben Affleck as Batman). I saw this article today, which got me excited:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/jesse-eisenberg-goes-bald-for-lex-luthor-role-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-136462/

I think he looks great, and will pull it off. I'm looking forward to Jason Momoa as Aquaman, because I think he'll put a badass twist on the character.

On the not-so-positive side of things, I don't know how I feel about Ezra Miller as The Flash. I like him as an actor, but I think he's far better suited to play Wally West, but he's rumored to play Barry Allen, which doesn't sit well.

As far as the upcoming Suicide Squad movie is concerned...I have no opinion on Margot Robbie, so I wish her luck as Harley Quinn. Jared Leto is a little iffy, but I don't think we were too stoked about Heath Ledger in the beginning either.

But Will Smith as Deadshot? Give me a fucking break. Will Smith is a strong dramatic actor, but I can't see him as a stone-cold killer like Deadshot. And the biggest problem is that Deadshot's trademark is his helmet. It's fucking badass, but Will Smith has one of the most recognizable faces in Hollywood, which means the helmet wear will be limited.

I guess we'll see. I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen with Green Lantern.

SHIT, CAN SOMEONE MOVE THIS TO MOVIES PLEASE?

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 09:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

I think part of my problem with all of the casting for the DC Universe characters is that there isn't a single actor or actress that I'm super stoked to see in the role or excited that they can fill it. Ben Affleck's acting ability is way too lukewarm for me to be excited about anything he's in (even if the movies he's in end up happening to be good anyway), and I'm way too skeptical about Jesse Eisenberg's lack of variation in vocal inflection between roles to feel like his rendition of Lex Luthor won't sound exactly the same as Mark Zuckerberg. Ezra Miller just seems like they just drew him out of a hat for the role (he's a good actor, but I see literally no evidence as to how or why he'd play a good superhero), and lol at Will Smith as Deadshot. I hated Man of Steel, so I'm pretty much disregarding anyone returning from that.

I like being pleasantly surprised about someone's competency for a role, but I guess my real complaint is that I have to stretch my imagination to see the appeal of virtually everyone cast in the DC universe, which makes it really difficult for me to even kind of care or muster up interest. At least in the post-Daredevil Marvel universe, I've never had to question whether or not someone was even a good actor/actress, let alone whether they'd be good for a role.

Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with that Cam. Also, I'm curious as to why DC doesn't want to connect the movies to Arrow or The Flash? Marvel is making all of their upcoming Netflix series part of the Cinematic Universe. I think that's great, because it's the perfect way to show how varied and huge the universe is, and it's easier to give screen time to a bit character in a single episode of an ongoing series, rather than using up time in a movie. I'm not expecting any crossover between TV and Cinematic, but it feels more involving and interactive in a way.

I think DC's decision to separate the two will cause division between fans, if only because they'll feel the need to choose between TV Flash or movie Flash.

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Cattivo
PostPosted: Mar 30 2015 10:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in a wait-and-see mode. The Dark Knight Trilogy was so incredible to me, that it just seems weird to reboot him so quick for one, and then to go from a realistic interpretation to a world that has aliens and superhumans is a further weirdness factor to me. The JLA might be the original superhero team that I grew up with, and they're at least more recognizable than the heroes in the Avengers, but I don't trust the makers of the film to do a good job. I don't have a strong opinion on Ben Affleck's abilities, but I'm not psyched to see him in the role, especially because Bale was so awesome.

I'm of course going to see it, but my expectations will be low.
Reply to topic

Jump to: