"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove Kickstarter

Reply to topic
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Feb 26 2015 07:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

The original developers of Toejam and Earl are hoping to release a long-awaited true sequel to the first game that they've been wanting to make for a long time now, with the help of a kickstarter campaign. They're aiming for a PC release but if it gets enough demand, it might also be released on consoles.

The goal is 400K and at the time of this post it's already raised about 88K in its first day with 29 days to go. The Kickstarter link is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove?ref=discovery

Here are a couple of videos:

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Mar 11 2015 04:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I love that almost all the through the promotional trailer, he "coughs out" his Irish accent. LOL

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 13 2015 01:57 am Reply with quote Back to top

i dig that they are keeping the same type of music. the music was dope in that game. i like listening to the soundtrack off youtube every now & then. personally i enjoyed panic on funkotron better than the first game, but if this game does get released, i would probably pick it up. not sure if im down to pledge though

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Mar 23 2015 07:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the second game a little better too; it's one of the best co-op platformers ever made. I understand why more people seem to prefer the first game though; it's "random world" game setting gives the game a lot of replay value.

This game will not only have the cool stuff from the first 2 games, it'll also have some modern gameplay elements like meta-play, online multiplayer (up to 4 players which I'm really curious to see), the ability to talk to the other player while playing online, not to mention new graphic capabilities like seeing the previous levels below the one you're on, etc.

I just increased my pledge of $25 to $60 just now. I really want this game to happen (they have some neat rewards for pledgers too). So far the campaign has raised about $360K with 3 days left, I hope it can raise the $40K more it needs before the deadline.

RIP Hacker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Reply to topic

Jump to: