SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Most underrated/ under watched movies in recent years.

Reply to topic
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 28 2015 06:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm willing to bet most people have not watched any of the following movies, but they are worth viewing...

The Congress:

View on YouTube

From the same guy that made Waltz with Bashir a devastating drama and brilliantly animated film:

View on YouTube

--------------------

Jim Jaumush's new film (one of my favorite directors with Mystery Train and Ghost Dog along with his cameo in Slingblade) Only Lovers Left Alive:

View on YouTube

--------------------

One of the creepiest/ most progressive horror movies IMO, Plus One:

View on YouTube

--------------------

V/H/S. Another horror movie and pretty hard to watch, it's brutal, but I consider it to be the best horror movie ever:

View on YouTube

--------------------

Snowpiercer:

View on YouTube

--------------------

Dragon (fucking badass hands down):

View on YouTube

--------------------

Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons:

--------------------

Upstream Color:

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Feb 28 2015 08:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen any of these nor did I watch any of the trailers you just posted, but I'm gonna safely say that the one with the two chicks kissing is my new favorite movie.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Feb 28 2015 08:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
I haven't seen any of these nor did I watch any of the trailers you just posted, but I'm gonna safely say that the one with the two chicks kissing is my new favorite movie.

Watch the movie, it is available on Netflix. She is kissings herself. It's incredibly creepy...
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Feb 28 2015 09:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my god, Snowpiercer is easily one of the best newer movies I've seen in years.

Ubersnaps
PostPosted: Mar 01 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

As silly as Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons is, the ending is quite sweet. I totally did not cry, don't judge me.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 01 2015 02:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

This should have on won the Oscar over even Birdman IMO For best director, won just as many Oscars anyways:

View on YouTube

Then there is This is the End, pretty much the funniest movie I have seen in years. It is rare that a movie like this is so critically acclaimed. I cried laughing watching this movie more than once:

View on YouTube
thenose_knows
PostPosted: Mar 01 2015 08:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I watched Snowpiercer because one of my friends was practically foaming at the mouth over it. It wasn't bad, just kind of lukewarm. When (SPOILERS) Chris Evans gives the speech about eating people, I didn't think "wow". I thought, "Christ, they really want me to go 'wow' right now, huh?" The sequence in the one car where they turn off the lights was pretty cool, and Evans gave a real good performance. It just didn't resonate with me.

I did see John Wick recently, which I really loved. It didn't try to be anything more than what it was, and the choreography was outstanding. I'd put it up there with the Raid movies, honestly. Keanu gave a lot of heart, too, which is rare. It's also kind of the inverse of Street Kings, where he plays a disillusioned police officer in LA. In this one, he's a reformed criminal in NY. Pretty typical they-pissed-off-the-wrong-guy plot, but it didn't feel weary or anything. The world it takes place in and how it relates to Keanu's character was real charismatic. Everyone knows the guy.
Probable Muppet
PostPosted: Mar 14 2015 04:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

thenose_knows wrote:
I watched Snowpiercer because one of my friends was practically foaming at the mouth over it. It wasn't bad, just kind of lukewarm. When (SPOILERS) Chris Evans gives the speech about eating people, I didn't think "wow". I thought, "Christ, they really want me to go 'wow' right now, huh?" The sequence in the one car where they turn off the lights was pretty cool, and Evans gave a real good performance. It just didn't resonate with me.

I did see John Wick recently, which I really loved. It didn't try to be anything more than what it was, and the choreography was outstanding. I'd put it up there with the Raid movies, honestly. Keanu gave a lot of heart, too, which is rare. It's also kind of the inverse of Street Kings, where he plays a disillusioned police officer in LA. In this one, he's a reformed criminal in NY. Pretty typical they-pissed-off-the-wrong-guy plot, but it didn't feel weary or anything. The world it takes place in and how it relates to Keanu's character was real charismatic. Everyone knows the guy.

I really like Keanu Reeves, despite the fact he might be considered a bad actor. He is a really nice guy apparently and pretty down to earth.

http://www.ranker.com/list/the-7-greatest-_true_-keanu-reeves-stories-ever-told/joanne

View on YouTube

Also, Understand your point regarding Snowpiercer and agree, it's a really odd movie, however I still feel that it is underrated and deserves more attention than it has gotten.

I have a feeling you might really like Dragon. If you have not already seen it, it is worth watching:

View on YouTube

It is not what you might expect it to be...
Reply to topic

Jump to: