[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
if it weren't fer Syd...

Reply to topic
Count_Akula
Title: Sir Galahad
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 02:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! Everyone post one way this site has affected your life. I'll start:

When I first discovered SydLexia.com, I wanted to drink some long-since expired soda, but wasn't sure if it would kill me or not. After reading Syd's article where he drinks old Pepsi, I decided it was safe to consume old products and put my life in the hands of a guy from the internet who I've never met! Yay! Thanks Syd! That OK soda from 1994 was damn tasty!
krislexia
Title: Now with a hint of lime
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 03:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

This website has given me countless opportunites for fun photoshoots most of you never saw. And a handful you did. I'm a big fan of when Syd photographed me with the phone I was going to use to call an ambulance when he got sick from eating expired food.
And then that weird popart thing he made of choking me. GOOOOOOOD TIMESSSS.

Cattivo
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 11:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

If it wasn't for Syd, I wouldn't know the real story behind SMB2.
@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote Back to top

The site helped pull me out of a major depression and suicidal mindset that I was stuck in when I left the service. This site saved my life. Thanks Syd and everyone here!

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It hasn't. If anything, I'm bitter about the time I've wasted here.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 02:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If it wasn't for Syd, I wouldn't have found a font of informative obscenity in the wake of the Fromage specials.
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 03:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If it weren't for Syd, I would not have won the last ever Forum Battle by riding the coattails of my more senior teammates.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 07:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The-Excel wrote:
If it weren't for Syd, I would not have won the last ever Forum Battle by riding the coattails of my more senior teammates.

You have been here longer than I have so I guess you are just saying I am older in age. You're welcome, btw.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 07:15 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I've been on here for six years and the forums have been there through some of the most pivotal turning points of my life; from the best (moving away to UMSL and meeting my current girlfriend) to the worst (the process of coming out of the closet in high school, my first attempt at moving away to university, and the depressing semester with nothing but night classes, pretty much limiting my in-person social interaction entirely to lethargic students and douchebag customers at work). I've met some amazing people here, and I'm happy to see this community has stuck together for so long.

Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 07:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This site has given me a community of people I feel pretty comfortable with to interact with on a regular basis. I'm slowly losing touch with my old friends since moving far away from home, and I'm not making many new connections since I mostly only have time for work. This place feels like a little piece of my life that never changes and is always laidback.
Ross Rifle
Title: Rock N Roll God
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 08:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It'll be 9 years in October for me, and I can comfortably say I've made some of my best friends here. I drifted away for awhile, but coming back made me realize how much I missed this place, and it was never far from my mind. I looked through some old posts and PMs after I returned, and it was just amazing to see the people who came to me for advice, those whom I went to for advice, and a lot of memories.

I think back to all I've witnessed here, such as the original forum war involving Jew (oh, sorry, FNJ) and tishwitch, RegalSin, the banning and return of Murdar Machene, the dick pic fiasco, the release of Press Start, the banning of BB King for illegally downloading Press Start and bragging about it, Hacker's entire time here.

I also think about all that I've gone through in my personal life: graduating high school, attending, and eventually dropping out of, University, problems at home, problems with girls, the failed release of my debut album and the unflattering support you guys gave me (even though it sucks). I also went through a really dark period of depression and attempted suicides.

But now I'm married, successful and happy, and you guys were always here. This is one of my favorite places, and you are some of my favorite people, and I love you all with all of my heart, and I look forward to many more years!!!

Does anybody here have a Ross Rifle?
www.thetwowordsmusic.com
www.myspace.com/rossrifle

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@om*d wrote:
The-Excel wrote:

You have been here longer than I have so I guess you are just saying I am older in age. You're welcome, btw.

I honestly can't believe I've been a member since early 2010. I don't feel like I've participated hard enough over the years to have earned it. It feels like I was only actually around since 2012.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This site, the forums, and the community here kept my brain from imploding on itself during my junior, senior, and grad years of college. I'm happy to say that I've always been supported by great friends and family, but my semblance of a social life gradually dwindled as my studies got increasingly ridiculous. This left me with brief, intermittent gaps of free time, weekends included. So the articles, forums, and IRC chat were this incredible source of varied entertainment and shenanigans.

Much obliged to master Syd and crew!
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Jan 08 2015 01:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't possibly know what the site means to all of you here, but I can say what it means to me just to discover it exists, and is still going.

Scouring the internet, searching for other places that share the same interests as me (a strong feeling of nostalgia and a desire to share it), I found out quickly that there was nothing more than a mountain of dead sites... the content and the people had long since scattered and never came back.

It is no wonder that there is such appreciation for this site. It has stood the test of time and life experiences. That is a testament to it's creator and it's members.

I salute you all.

slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Jan 08 2015 01:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

If it weren't for Syd I'd be on (something else)lexia.com. In all seriousness though, this is a cool website and fuck facebook!

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jan 16 2015 05:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

This site encouraged me to write more, something I had given up on. It's kept me entertained, and been a font of hilarious interactions and useful information. Plus the color combo is sick.

Thanks for writing all the funs man. Smile

LeshLush
PostPosted: Jan 20 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I have lived in four different states since I started coming to Sydlexia, yet this website and it's forums have been a constant. Internet communities are weird things, but I'm very glad to be a part of this one.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Jan 21 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

This site helped me to maintain my sanity during some trying times. Glad it's still around.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

maverickhuntergirlz492
PostPosted: Feb 04 2015 10:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

helped me discover some seriously cool games
Reply to topic

Jump to: