"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
RetroDaze

Reply to topic
Vaporman87
Title: Purveyor of Nostalgia
PostPosted: Jun 19 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to pop in and be sure to extend an invitation to SydLexia folks to stop by RetroDaze when you have the time.

RetroDaze came to life in late 2012 in response to the decline of another once great nostalgia site... RetroJunk. RD became a place for RJ members to explore new ways to wax nostalgic, with a lot of the old ways kept intact.

As a 40 y/o husband, father, and business owner, I'm very aware that life can change a site like SydLexia and RetroJunk in ways we don't like. But my position in life has thankfully given me the opportunity to continue improving RetroDaze without fear of having to simply abandon it to the dust bin to die a slow death.

I, and the other RetroDaze regulars, have been a part of RetroJunk for many years and wanted at place that didn't stop in time to await it's end. That place is RetroDaze.

The only thing to keep in mind is that our forum/articles/videos/etc. adhere to a bit stricter standard in terms of vulgarity. We ask that you keep it clean. That's all.

Anyway, sorry for rambling on. Thanks for your time.

Tony
Vaporman87
www.retro-daze.com

SoldierHawk
Title: Warrior-Poet
PostPosted: Jun 20 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, looks like a pretty cool site. I'll check it out.

militarysignatures.com

William Shakespeare wrote:
Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Jun 20 2014 01:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool SoldierHawk. Really the only things not accessible to unregistered folks is the forum, writing comments, profiles, and RetroManic! (a text based MMORPG).

Everything else can be perused whether you're logged in or not. Smile

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Jun 20 2014 06:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'm following you on Twitter, actually. I haven't seen too much of your site, but I like what I've seen so far.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Jun 20 2014 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

@HardcoreGamer4Ever: I don't actually have a Twitter account. Perhaps it is another member of the site?

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Jun 20 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Then it may have been the Retro Gamer forums.I know I saw your site before though.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jun 22 2014 05:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads up, the VHS covers, letter T, page 8 is giving a PHP warning

the contents of said warning:
[SPOILER:36a34fed2a]PHP warning

imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: gd-jpeg, libjpeg: recoverable error: Premature end of JPEG file

/home/vaporman/public_html/protected/views/site/vhsCover.php(112)

100 $path= getcwd();
101 $src = getcwd() . $vids['image'];
102 // echo $src; echo '
';
103 $path= getcwd();
104 // echo $path; die("herer");
105 $dest = $path."/images/thumbnail/".$name;
106 // echo $dest;
107 // Genrating the image from there extension
108 $size=getimagesize($src);
109 // echo '
';print_r($size); die("herer");

110 switch($size["mime"]){
111 case "image/jpeg":
112 $source_image = imagecreatefromjpeg($src); //jpeg file
113 break;
114 case "image/gif":
115 $source_image = imagecreatefromgif($src); //gif file
116 break;
117 case "image/png":
118 $source_image = imagecreatefrompng($src); //png file
119 break;
120 default:
121 $source_image=false;
122 break;
123 }
124 $width = imagesx($source_image);

Stack Trace

/home/vaporman/public_html/protected/views/site/vhsCover.php(112): imagecreatefromjpeg("/home/vaporman/public_html/ActionAndChildren/Action/T/THUNDERGRO...")

107 // Genrating the image from there extension
108 $size=getimagesize($src);
109 // echo '
';print_r($size); die("herer");

110 switch($size["mime"]){
111 case "image/jpeg":
112 $source_image = imagecreatefromjpeg($src); //jpeg file
113 break;
114 case "image/gif":
115 $source_image = imagecreatefromgif($src); //gif file
116 break;
117 case "image/png":

+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CBaseController.php(127): require("/home/vaporman/public_html/protected/views/site/vhsCover.php")
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CBaseController.php(96): CBaseController->renderInternal("/home/vaporman/public_html/protected/views/site/vhsCover.php", array("cover" => VhsCovers, "comments" => array(), "commentCount" => "0", "allCovers" => array(VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, ...), ...), true)
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CController.php(870): CBaseController->renderFile("/home/vaporman/public_html/protected/views/site/vhsCover.php", array("cover" => VhsCovers, "comments" => array(), "commentCount" => "0", "allCovers" => array(VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, ...), ...), true)
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CController.php(783): CController->renderPartial("vhsCover", array("cover" => VhsCovers, "comments" => array(), "commentCount" => "0", "allCovers" => array(VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, ...), ...), true)

/home/vaporman/public_html/protected/controllers/SiteController.php(2504): CController->render("vhsCover", array("cover" => VhsCovers, "comments" => array(), "commentCount" => "0", "allCovers" => array(VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, VhsCovers, ...), ...))

2499 $pages->pageSize=12;
2500 $pages->applyLimit($criteriaVid);
2502 $allCovers = VhsCovers::model()->findAll($criteriaVid);
2504 $this->render('vhsCover',array('cover'=>$cover, 'comments'=>$comments, 'commentCount'=>$commentCount, 'allCovers'=>$allCovers, 'catSel'=>intval($_GET['cat']), 'pages' => $pages));
2505 }
2507 public function actionVHSComment()
2508 {
2509 if(isset($_POST['id']) && isset($_POST['comment']))

+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/actions/CInlineAction.php(50): SiteController->actionvhsCover()
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CController.php(309): CInlineAction->runWithParams(array("chr" => "T", "page" => "8", "id" => "853"))
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(134): CController->runAction(CInlineAction)
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilter.php(41): CFilterChain->run()
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CController.php(1146): CFilter->filter(CFilterChain)
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/filters/CInlineFilter.php(59): CController->filterAccessControl(CFilterChain)
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/filters/CFilterChain.php(131): CInlineFilter->filter(CFilterChain)
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CController.php(292): CFilterChain->run()
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CController.php(266): CController->runActionWithFilters(CInlineAction, array("accessControl"))
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(283): CController->run("vhsCover")
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(142): CWebApplication->runController("site/vhsCover")
+
/home/vaporman/public_html/yii/framework/base/CApplication.php(162): CWebApplication->processRequest()

/home/vaporman/public_html/index.php(13): CApplication->run()

08 defined('YII_DEBUG') or define('YII_DEBUG',true);
09 // specify how many levels of call stack should be shown in each log message
10 defined('YII_TRACE_LEVEL') or define('YII_TRACE_LEVEL',3);
12 require_once($yii);
13 Yii::createWebApplication($config)->run();

2014-06-22 21:11:00 Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Yii Framework/1.1.11
[/SPOILER:36a34fed2a]

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Jun 22 2014 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for that Etch. I found one of those pages a few days ago too. They seem to be scattered here and there. I'll get that one patched up.

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Sep 05 2014 09:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

As we did last year, this year we are holding yet another Halloween Article Contest at RetroDaze. If you enjoy writing now and then and have a love of nostalgia, then it's possible for you to be chosen to win $250!

This year is particularly special. We have celebrated author and Halloween historian Lesley Bannatyne doing the judging. Lesley has been a go to girl for all things Halloween for The History Channel, Time Magazine, Slate, National Geographic, and others. She has written a number of books on the subject, and knows her stuff.

Details will be made available in the RetroDaze forum next week (you need to be registered to enter the forum).

On a separate note, the awesome and generous Larry Kenney has supplied voice work for some bonus scenes that I will be adding to our RetroDaze Halloween and Christmas Specials. You might know Larry as the voice of the original Lion-O from the 80's classic tv series, ThunderCats. I've heard his copy and it's hilarious.

We will be viewing the Halloween Special late in October in the RetroDaze Public Theater (http://www.retro-daze.org/theater).

That's all for now!

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[img]http://www.retro-daze.org/images/postImages/1418162078Christmas Special Invite 2014.png[/img]

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 09 2014 06:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That link above isn't working for me, but I'll check your website out.
Vaporman87
PostPosted: Dec 11 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it was supposed to be an image... but it wont display for some reason. It's a banner/poster for the RetroDaze Christmas Special 2014, featuring Mick Foley and Larry Kenney in little cameos.

It's on December 13th, with the Theater (virtual) doors opening at 7:00 PM EST. Hope some of you can come. Smile

Vaporman87
PostPosted: Jan 07 2015 02:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Our Points Store has been open for a while now, and there is lots of great stuff in there.

And until mid-February there is a Triple Points bonus for articles with a specific subject. More on that at this link.

Reply to topic

Jump to: