"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Great Scenes/Characters of Otherwise Bad Movies

Reply to topic
Bob Dylan`s Blues
Title: Worlds Strongest Man
PostPosted: Dec 16 2014 07:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was a disappointing hodgepodge of half ideas. A bunch of useless fluff used to build up to the third movie. But Bill Nighy as Davy Jones was spectacular. If the movie was basically just the first movie but with Jones replacing Barbossa, it would've been much better. Instead, we have to wait till the end of the third film to get any payoff with Jones. And the whole movie centering around the Kracken only to have it be dead in the third was awful. I loved those ideas. And all they get is shit on.

What are your favorite scenes and characters from disappointing movies?
Cattivo
PostPosted: Dec 17 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier is widely known as one of the worst trek films, but there's two scenes in it that are so good, that I didn't mind buying the special edition dvd a decade ago.

The first is when Spock's half-brother is exploring everyone's pain. Spock's memory of his Dad's dislike of his human half, McCoy euthanizing his father, and Kirk saying he needs his pain was great.

Then, near the end of the film, when Kirk is talking to the entity at the center of the galaxy who is mistaken for God and demands use of their ship, Shatner's line reading of "What does God need with a starship?" is so entertaining, along with McCoy saying that you don't ask the almighty for ID.
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 17 2014 08:08 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Bob Dylan`s Blues wrote:
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was a disappointing hodgepodge of half ideas. A bunch of useless fluff used to build up to the third movie. But Bill Nighy as Davy Jones was spectacular. If the movie was basically just the first movie but with Jones replacing Barbossa, it would've been much better. Instead, we have to wait till the end of the third film to get any payoff with Jones. And the whole movie centering around the Kracken only to have it be dead in the third was awful. I loved those ideas. And all they get is shit on.

What are your favorite scenes and characters from disappointing movies?

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3 were so boring. They were very long movies, very boring, and had a million plots they kept switching inbetween. Every character had their own very long story arc and both movies were so boring. I actually liked Pirates of the Caribbean 4, even though they got rid of the entire cast except for Captain Jack Sparrow, because it was at least funny and had only one plot going on.

Jesus, I wasn't expecting to rant about a movie tonight.
Reply to topic

Jump to: