[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Re: Scott Pilgrim

Reply to topic
Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Oct 09 2014 01:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

[Original thread: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13527]

Rather than bump a 4-year-old topic, I decided to make a new one regarding this comic series.

Considering how long I've known about this book series for a long time now, I can't believe I only now started to check out this book series so I feel really late to the party. It is simply the best comic book I've ever read in my life.

I downloaded the game on my PS3 a month ago, which I also feel like a dumbass for not having done it until 4 years after the craze started, and it's a very refreshing homage to all the beat-em-ups from yesteryear, especially River City Ransom. I enjoyed it so much that I just had to check out the comics. Managed to get the whole boxset at a good price.

I'm currently at the beginning of book 5 right now. The last two books were amazing; the whole saga with The Clash at Demonhead was really interesting in book 3 and book 4 had a lot of cool changes in Scott's life. The relationship between him and Ramona is what really makes the book stand out to me.

Can't wait to see what the rest of book 5 and book 6 will bring. I'm restricting myself to reading one chapter a day because I want the books to last a while but I find it so hard to put the book down whenever I get to the end of a chapter. It's just that awesome. Videogame references, romance and action all rolled into one.

I also bought the movie on Blu-ray but I'm waiting until I finish the book first. How is it compared to the comics?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 09:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I found this series when the movie was coming to theaters. I felt sad right after because they released the last book and finished the series when the movie started playing in theaters. It ended right when I got into it. At least I didn't have to wait years between each book.

i'll_bite_your_ear wrote:
DarknessDeku is already assimilated by the bots.
He knows your algorithm.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 10:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The movie's not bad. Some creative liberties were taken since I believe Book 6 was still in progress while filming was underway.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Dec 12 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I never read the books, but I saw the movie and thought it was pretty damn enjoyable. I plan on reading the graphic novels at some point, so it's good to see the general consensus is the series is pretty solid.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

Reply to topic

Jump to: