"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Wii U to Wii U System Transfer Animation

Reply to topic
The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Aug 25 2014 01:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

We all know how much Nintendo prides itself in putting attention to detail, but I think they might have overdone it with the system migration that was put in in firmware 5.1.0. I suspect maybe 2-3% of all Wii U owners will ever have to use it, and they get treated to this short film throughout the whole process. Nintendo put no small amount of time and money into animating this and it blows my mind that they would put this much effort into the one feature that will be used less than anything else in the whole system.

For comparison, this is apparently a remake of the Wii to Wii U system transfer animation featuring Pikmin that came with firmware 2.0.0, which I suppose was seen by many more people, and the 3DS to 3DS system transfer features Pikmin in a much simpler process. This has new characters that will likely never be seen by most people if not for this video, and they even went through the trouble of creating new characters, making the animations more detailed, creating new music and environments, and writing a little subplot into the whole show when they could have easily just recycled everything. If not for the status messages on the top and bottom, you would probably not guess what this could possibly be for. In fact, it looks more like a Sega thing than a Nintendo thing.

There's something hypnotic about it.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Aug 25 2014 07:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's honestly quite ridiculous. Very neat, though.

Some of the music segments/instruments gave me strong vibes of Mario Party.
Reply to topic

Jump to: