"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
DataGenetics

Reply to topic
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jun 30 2014 01:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I don't go to many blogs, but when I do it tends to be DataGenetics. I don't even know how to explain the articles... a lot of it is data and math related, so if you like either one, or both, check it out. I'll post a few links to articles that you might find interesting:

- You may have seen Amidakuji in Mega Man X or at least one of the Mario Party games. I didn't know it had such a long history of use.

- This is fucking with me. I hadn't seen it before and I don't get how it works, but it guessed the card I chose 7 times in a row. Since the first run, I haven't made any motion with my mouse over any of the cards, so apparently that's not a factor.

- Visual Cryptography is pretty interesting... it involved overlapping seeming random static images to reveal hidden pictures.

- Statistics related to the game Risk may be of some interest to baord game players.

- This is about a program he wrote where generations of rectangles evolve to best replicate a given picture. Very interesting if you're into programming, but cool nonetheless.

RIP Hacker.

Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Jun 30 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Having written a thesis on game theory, I found that Risk article way more fascinating than most.

There's no magic to the card trick, Rycona.

[SPOILER:3530581935]All six cards are removed and replaced with five completely new cards.[/SPOILER:3530581935]

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Jun 30 2014 08:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very interesting stuff. I still play Risk near-monthly with some friends, so I am totally going to put that knowledge to good use.
Rycona
Title: The Maestro
PostPosted: Jul 01 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
There's no magic to the card trick, Rycona.

This is what happens when the scientific method isn't applied. I am filled with much self-loathing right now. I'm going to go Arthur Dimmesdale myself in the closet. Always count the men.

No more late-work/early-morning analyses for me.

RIP Hacker.

Reply to topic

Jump to: