"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Praise Syd Thread

Reply to topic
DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Aug 17 2013 09:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There have been many petty complaints about minor things on this website, and people forgot all the great things about it. This is a thread to appreciate the website.

As for myself, I love this forum and the website. I've met lots of cool people and became interested in 80s pop culture. I was born in 1988 and missed out.
Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

I greatly enjoy the majority of the articles, and I remember the joy of finding a website that was new to me, full of hilarious and nostalgic articles, and the hours I spent reading through them before I registered to fool around on the boards with y'all.

To me sydlexia.com is a crowing achievement in the field of 80's and 90's pop culture nostalgia, and I always point any nostalgia minded folk who enjoy a good read and chuckle to this site if I learn they've not head of it.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 01:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I can't seem to find the "sucking Syd off" emoticon.

Preng
Title: All right, that's cool!
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 02:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This website and forums have provided me with a tremendous service, as I joined during a time when my studies were extremely demanding, and brief reprieves of pop culture kept me from getting stressed out. Good articles and good people, I say.

JoshWoodzy wrote:

Here you go.
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 04:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

That's golden, Prengles.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Preng wrote:
This website and forums have provided me with a tremendous service, as I joined during a time when my studies were extremely demanding, and brief reprieves of pop culture kept me from getting stressed out. Good articles and good people, I say.
JoshWoodzy wrote:

Here you go.

haha
great edit

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 06:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

HA!

LeshLush
PostPosted: Aug 18 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 20 2013 03:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw this. Classic.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
JRA
PostPosted: Aug 25 2013 06:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing wow.

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Nov 04 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

I really love this forum and the whole site. It widened my field of interestes regarding videogames, music and lots of other things. The golden days are gone i think but it still like it to come back to this place for some Class A tomfoolery.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jan 11 2014 05:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

U SUK! Y U NO RITE NEW ARTICLES?!?!

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Jan 19 2014 01:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

I know he writes Magic the Gathering articles at another website with Jeebus, so I think he's moved on to greener pastures. Sad

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jan 19 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
I know he writes Magic the Gathering articles at another website with Jeebus, so I think he's moved on to greener pastures. Sad

I don't think he has written anything there for almost six months now.

Dude is probably busy living his life like most of us nowadays.

If you need a dose of Syd, check his Twitter feed. He posts frequently there.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Jan 28 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Why do I love Syd Lexia so much? Well, it dates back to high school. Freshman year to be exact. Now, there were a few good sites that I visited, like the awesome videogamecritic.com, but for the most part, I was either on flash game sites, or stuff like Myspace (Remember when Myspace was the dominant social network? Hell, remember when Myspace was relevant? Pepperidge Farm remembers) and YouTube, and game sites like IGN. One day in early '09, I found a video that has since been deleted that showed gameplay of the games on Syd's Top 100 SNES Games, and it included the link to the article. That was my first taste of Syd Lexia. And it blew me away.

I had never seen a list like that before. Oh sure, I've seen plenty of those "100 Greatest Video Games Of All Time" lists, but nothing specific to one console like that. And soon, I started visiting his site more often, because I loved what I saw. The writing, the subjects of the articles, the swearing, I loved it. It was just what my 15 year old brain needed. I feel that if I hadn't discovered sites like Syd Lexia, I would have been doomed to a future of internet mediocrity, a future filled with shit like Buzzfeed and 4Chan.

I joined the forums in summer of 2010, and I loved it. In its heyday, the Syd Lexia forums were one of the best places, if not the best, to discuss whatever, whether it was video games, movies, or dead celebrities of a particular year. The forum had awesome stuff like forum battles and whatnot. While sadly it doesn't get nearly as much activity as it used to, it still has a great community, at least whose left.

One of Syd's biggest achievements, I think, is inspiring a whole generation of writers to start their own websites. Sites like Robot Boombox and RetroDrome (both amazing websites that you need to visit asap). I can tell you that Syd influenced me. While other websites have also influenced me, Syd's work was the single biggest influence on me creating a website. Syd Lexia, more than any other site, inspired me to start my own site. I thank you Syd, because without you, Happy Katana might have never been born.

To this day, Syd Lexia is my absolute favorite website in the world. And it always will be. I know sometimes that we complain about lack of updates or the forums dying. But at the end of the day, we're still drawn to this amazing website. Syd has been giving us an awesome website for nearly a decade. A DECADE! So Syd, I want to thank you. Thank you for giving us so much. Thank you for your amazing articles. Thank you for inspiring some of us to create our own websites. Thank you for giving us the forums with such an awesome community. Thank you for everything.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Feb 01 2014 10:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Logan wrote:
Why do I love Syd Lexia so much? Well, it dates back to high school. Freshman year to be exact. Now, there were a few good sites that I visited, like the awesome videogamecritic.com, but for the most part, I was either on flash game sites, or stuff like Myspace (Remember when Myspace was the dominant social network? Hell, remember when Myspace was relevant? Pepperidge Farm remembers) and YouTube, and game sites like IGN. One day in early '09, I found a video that has since been deleted that showed gameplay of the games on Syd's Top 100 SNES Games, and it included the link to the article. That was my first taste of Syd Lexia. And it blew me away.

I had never seen a list like that before. Oh sure, I've seen plenty of those "100 Greatest Video Games Of All Time" lists, but nothing specific to one console like that. And soon, I started visiting his site more often, because I loved what I saw. The writing, the subjects of the articles, the swearing, I loved it. It was just what my 15 year old brain needed. I feel that if I hadn't discovered sites like Syd Lexia, I would have been doomed to a future of internet mediocrity, a future filled with shit like Buzzfeed and 4Chan.

I joined the forums in summer of 2010, and I loved it. In its heyday, the Syd Lexia forums were one of the best places, if not the best, to discuss whatever, whether it was video games, movies, or dead celebrities of a particular year. The forum had awesome stuff like forum battles and whatnot. While sadly it doesn't get nearly as much activity as it used to, it still has a great community, at least whose left.

One of Syd's biggest achievements, I think, is inspiring a whole generation of writers to start their own websites. Sites like Robot Boombox and RetroDrome (both amazing websites that you need to visit asap). I can tell you that Syd influenced me. While other websites have also influenced me, Syd's work was the single biggest influence on me creating a website. Syd Lexia, more than any other site, inspired me to start my own site. I thank you Syd, because without you, Happy Katana might have never been born.

To this day, Syd Lexia is my absolute favorite website in the world. And it always will be. I know sometimes that we complain about lack of updates or the forums dying. But at the end of the day, we're still drawn to this amazing website. Syd has been giving us an awesome website for nearly a decade. A DECADE! So Syd, I want to thank you. Thank you for giving us so much. Thank you for your amazing articles. Thank you for inspiring some of us to create our own websites. Thank you for giving us the forums with such an awesome community. Thank you for everything.

haha maybe we should all write little things like this for the tenth anniversary.

HardcoreGamer4Ever
Title: I Am The God Of Awesome
PostPosted: Mar 16 2014 06:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

FNJ wrote:
HardcoreGamer4Ever wrote:

haha maybe we should all write little things like this for the tenth anniversary.

That would be really nice of us to do. Just to show Syd how much we appreciate his work.

https://badassgorilla.blogspot.com/

Yo yo yo, check out my new(ish) site!

RIP Happy Katana (2010-2020)

JohnnyBenz
Title: The nip killer
PostPosted: Jun 19 2014 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This website has given me hours or entertainment and inspired me to write a bestselling novel. Haven't gotten around to that last part yet...
Reply to topic

Jump to: