[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Super Princess Peach

Reply to topic
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 10 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Due out February 27th, this Nintendo DS has the player taking on the role of Princess Peach to rescue Mario, Luigi, and Toad from Bowser. And it's set up like Super Mario World. Well, mostly.

Instead of Yoshi, Princess Peach has a magic umbrella that preys on flesh of the living. Also, you need to manipulate the princess's emotions to pass different obstacles. For instance, making her cry can water nearby sprouts, turning them into vines that she can climb. Like most women, Princess Peach has only four emotions: Happy, Sad, Angry, and Yellow.

You can DL videos of the gameplay at the link below, but you'll have to endure the Final Destination 3 trailer or some other product placement to do so:

http://media.ds.ign.com/media/711/711851/vids_1.html
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Feb 12 2006 07:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Only faggots play as girls Confused

No, but seriously, what the hell is wrong with nintendo? They oughta lisence out pixel studios and make a sequel to Cave Story on the DS.

If it's girl power they're going after, they could make it so you could play as Curly.

Don't get me wrong, I love all nintendo platfomers, I can't name one that I don't like (except the piece of shit All-Stars, awful controls). I'm sure this game will have some draw to it that makes it entertaining to play. But still, robots and lasers are infinitely superior to girls and umbrellas.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Feb 12 2006 08:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Murdar Machene wrote:
Only faggots play as girls Confused

No, but seriously, what the hell is wrong with nintendo? They oughta lisence out pixel studios and make a sequel to Cave Story on the DS.

If it's girl power they're going after, they could make it so you could play as Curly.

Don't get me wrong, I love all nintendo platfomers, I can't name one that I don't like (except the piece of shit All-Stars, awful controls). I'm sure this game will have some draw to it that makes it entertaining to play. But still, robots and lasers are infinitely superior to girls and umbrellas.

It'll be interesting. It's basically an old school Mario game with Peach instead of Mario. I never really liked Super Mario World 2, but this game still manages to intrigue me.

But the main reason that Super Princess Peach has people excited is because it offers a taste of what's to come in The New Super Mario Brothers, an upcoming DS game where Mario & Luigi will finally return to their 2D roots.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Murdar Machene
Title: bimmy
PostPosted: Feb 13 2006 01:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, so this is supposed to be like yoshi's island more? I loved that freakin' game. Of course, I am blindly devoted to all mario platformers, for the most part.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Feb 13 2006 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Like most women, Princess Peach has only four emotions: Happy, Sad, Angry, and Yellow.

Man, I hate it when women give you that Yellow bullshit...
Dr. Jeebus
Title: SLF Harbinger of Death
PostPosted: Feb 14 2006 10:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

The game looks like Super Mario World so I'm sure it will be fun. Thank you, Syd, for explaining that you manipulate their emotions though. I saw the vid on your computer and was wondering why the fuck the best thing they could think of for the bottom screen was to have 4 coloured hearts dancing around Peach.

dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com - Updated sometimes, but on hiatus!
UsaSatsui wrote:
The three greatest heels in history...Andy Kaufman, Triple H, and Dr. Jeebus

RegalSin
PostPosted: Apr 26 2006 05:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking forward to a game like this but they had to put on the NDS.
Reply to topic

Jump to: