"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Power Rangers

Reply to topic
Tebor
Title: Master of the Universe
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 02:41 pm Reply with quote Back to top

iTunes is starting to add episodes of the original series of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers onto their massive database of television shows. I just downloaded the Evil Green Ranger series and slowly getting through all hour and forty minutes of it.

I would just like to say this show was FUCKING AWESOME!

Who else could take footage from some show in Japan, badly dub the villains and action sequences and turn the show into an educational, action packed toy commercial?

I loved the show when it first aired, but I really haven't watched it for about a decade now. I never realized how low budget, campy, and poorly made it was. To think, parents got upset at this show for being too violent. The show is closer to Batman (60s) than The Shield.

I attribute my love of Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Sammo Hung, Steven Segal, Jean Claude Van Damme, etc. films to this series. Watching nearly 60 chop socky movies over the last three years has really made me embrace Power Rangers again. It's horribly made, but it's fun. I miss the days when TV was like this. Where is all the offensive dubbing and mindless violence these days...

Peanut Gallery: SPIKE TV, DOOFUS!

Well, Spike TV sucks and Power Rangers rule, so shush it.

"If you will not tell me, I will hurt people!!!" -Nuclear Man

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

8341 unread forum updates since I left (2/7/14)... Uh-oh.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 06:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I liked Goldar.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Sock
Title: Master Fornicator
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 08:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember it too well, but as a wrestling fan I'd probably like the corny, ill choreographed action.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sock wrote:
I don't remember it too well, but as a wrestling fan I'd probably like the corny, ill choreographed action.

If you like lots of sparks and giant explosions of flames during fight scenes, than you'll love it.

"Do you hear? The alpha and the omega. Death and rebirth. And as you die, so will I be reborn!" - Skeletor

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 18 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Also, there's giant fighting robots.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 19 2006 01:20 am Reply with quote Back to top

Syd Lexia wrote:
Also, there's giant fighting robots.

And a model city that gets destroyed in every other episode, which we assume hundreds die every day in Angel Grove... only to have the city perfectly clean by the end of the day.

FACT: There were few to no night scenes in the Power Ranger show... The movie featured a night fight in a construction yard though...

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 01:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I happen to still have the White Tigerzord, although it's missing a few parts including the sword/tail piece.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 05:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

I liked how they only used Dragonzord every once in awhile, when they arbitrarily decided the situation warranted it.
Valdronius
Title: SydLexia COO
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I always thought it stupid how they waited until the Queen turn the bad guyu huge before summoning Megazord. Why just bring it in at the start and monkey stomp the alien menace?

Klimbatize wrote:
A Hispanic dude living in Arizona knows a lot of Latinas? That's fucking odd.

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 02:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Valdronius wrote:
I always thought it stupid how they waited until the Queen turn the bad guyu huge before summoning Megazord. Why just bring it in at the start and monkey stomp the alien menace?

Because unlike the Powerpuff Girls, the Power Rangers were concerned about causing unnecessary property damage while saving the day.

Oh, and they were retarded.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 03:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Kinda sucks, I just read that they've taken out most of the random destruction of Angel Grove in the syndicated episodes after 9/11. I have noticed in the episodes I've been watching there's a lack of buildings crumbling to the ground. I cannot express my rage that 9/11 has affected a show that thrived on "unnecessary property damage".

What's the point? What would the point of all those Godzilla films be if they cut out the monsters destroying skyscrappers? That's like the best part!

Quote:
Oh, and they were retarded.

It took them 4 episodes to figure out who the Green Ranger was. If a new guy shows up at your school, shows he's evenly matched in martial arts as your best fighter, wears only green all the time, and is never around when the Green Ranger is running around... wouldn't you be a little suspicious?

DarkMaze
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 03:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
It took them 4 episodes to figure out who the Green Ranger was. If a new guy shows up at your school, shows he's evenly matched in martial arts as your best fighter, wears only green all the time, and is never around when the Green Ranger is running around... wouldn't you be a little suspicious?

The Green Ranger wears a helmet and a suit, and Tommy doesn't. So I don't see the similarity at all.

Those other things must be just coincidences.
Tebor
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 03:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

DarkMaze wrote:
Tebor wrote:

The Green Ranger wears a helmet and a suit, and Tommy doesn't. So I don't see the similarity at all.

Those other things must be just coincidences.

Lance Hunt wears glasses, Captain Amazing doesn't wear glasses.

He takes them off when he transforms.

That doesn't make any sense! He wouldn't be able to see!!

S. McCracken
Title: Enforcer
PostPosted: Apr 21 2006 04:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Tebor wrote:
Lance Hunt wears glasses, Captain Amazing doesn't wear glasses.

He takes them off when he transforms.

That doesn't make any sense! He wouldn't be able to see!!

Pull the lever! Moron! You're a moron! Moron!

::ZAP!::

Oh my god, we killed Captain Amazing!

What do you mean "we"? I'm over here.

Reply to topic

Jump to: