"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Comics movie news thread

Reply to topic
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Dec 16 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

the offices @ ugo.com got this package of a map of gotham w/several places circled:

obviously, there is speculation as to what it could mean on their website: http://www.ugo.com/movies/the-dark-knight-rises-viral-package

one commenter put this up and it makes some sense to me:
Quote:
I think fires and explosions have already been done. They were more the Joker's thing. Bane is methodical, not chaotic. Considering that this version of the character's venom is administered in gas form via a mask, and that Ras Al Ghul is returning, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Bane has become the willing apprentice that Bruce Wayne never could be, and that together they are planning a second attempt at the "gas the entire city" plan from the first movie. Only this time, it is a version of Bane's venom that they'll be using, not the Scarecrow's fear gas, and that the state of mind it induces won't be panic, but aggression.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Mar 02 2012 06:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

From the hollywoodreporter.com:

Columbia Pictures is closing a deal to acquire the rights to adapt Valiant Comics' Bloodshot into a feature film to be produced by Neal H. Moritz, through his Original Film banner, and Jason Kothari and Dinesh Shamdasani on behalf of Valiant Entertainment, it was announced Wednesday by Hannah Minghella, Columbia president of production.

Jeff Wadlow (Prey), who is writing the screenplay actually instigated the project. A fan of the character, Wadlow, repped by WME, wrote a spec script that attracted Moritz's attention.

Bloodshot, who first appeared in Valiant comic books in 1992, has appeared in more than 70 issues. Valiant, founded in 1989, is re-launching the character this year as it returns to publishing in May.

Bloodshot entered the Valiant universe as mob killer Angelo Mortalli, who enters a witness protection program and then becomes part of a secret experiment to create the ultimate killing machine. His memories are erased and he is injected with microscopic computers called nanites. As he tries to rediscover who he was, he battles both the mob and the police.

“The Bloodshot character has been a fan favorite for nearly two decades, selling approximately 7 million comic books globally. Because there have been more than 1,500 pages of storylines published, there is a rich legacy to draw from as we develop the screenplay. Neal is one of the best action producers working today and we know he is the right filmmaker to take on this potential franchise,” Minghella said.

Moritz and his Original Film are currently in post-production on four films: 21 Jump Street and Total Recall for Columbia Pictures, R.I.P.D. for Universal, and Warner Bros.' Jack the Giant Killer. He is beginning pre-production on the sixth entry in the Fast and Furious franchise as well as on Dead Man Down, starring Colin Farrell and Noomi Rapace.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

username
PostPosted: Mar 21 2012 04:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Promo-Art-Reveals-Wolverine-Rising-Soon-30065.html

Quote:
After more than a few stops and starts it looks like The Wolverine, the sequel to 2009's X-Men Origins: Wolverine, might actually get going soon. Back in February it was announced that the project had been given an official release date of July 26th, 2013 and it's likely that the movie will get going this spring once Hugh Jackman has completed his commitment to Tom Hooper's Les Miserables. Now it seems to be that first bit of promo/concept art has been discovered.

Discovered by Screen Rant, the poster was at first believed to be the first poster for the movie, the photo presumably shot in director James Mandgold's office, but the site contacted Fox and it turns out that it's just a piece of test art that likely won't make it into the promotional campaign. You'll understand why that's a shame when you take a look at it:
Clear, simple design that tells us without a lot of flash that Wolverine is heading to Japan. It's minimalist, which has been a bit overdone in recent years, but it's still a cool poster complete with a great tagline (playing on "Land of the Rising Sun." I can't help but think back to the campaign for X-Men: First Class. While that movie ended up being spectacular, the artwork - seen HERE and HERE - was stunningly terrible. Perhaps if Fox hears enough support for this particular poster they will find a way to introduce it to the real marketing when the time comes.

The Wolverine is based on a script by Christopher McQuarrie and was rewritten by Mark Bomback. The film, based on the comics by Frank Miller, finds an amnesiac Wolverine trying to find himself in Japan where he learns to fight with a samurai warrior.

personally, i like the poster. and i like japan. and i like wolverine. so, wolverine in japan sounds good to me.

Klimbatize wrote:

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Mar 22 2012 07:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Snikt.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

username
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: May 01 2012 02:38 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises. Can't wait for July.

username
PostPosted: May 22 2012 05:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

6 new posters revealed for DKR http://x.co/kRuR

Klimbatize wrote:

BorneAgain
PostPosted: May 23 2012 10:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

GI Joe 2 just pushed back from June to March 2013, meaning Amazing Spider-Man just get a much bigger box office window, with weeks after Prometheus and weeks before Dark Knight Rises.
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 24 2012 07:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rumors are starting to come about that with DC possibly working on a Lobo movie (with Brad Peyton directed), that The Rock will be playing as The Main Man himself.

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/will-the-rock-slay-our-asses-as-dcs-lobo wrote:
Put this one in the rumor bin for now, but several sources have suggested that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is eying a starring role in that LOBO movie adaptation we told you about last month. It all started with Bleeding Cool receiving a tip from "an untested, unknown source" that spoke of "a Hollywood party" at which Mr. Johnson told some fellow partiers that he was going to take the Lobo role. Flimsy, I know, but there's another tidbit that makes this info somewhat more legit - last week, a Twitter user mentioned how he would love to see The Rock as a DC superhero, to which the man himself retweeted: "Funny U say that...".
username
PostPosted: Jun 19 2012 04:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Jun 21 2012 04:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

new judge dredd trailer

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 19 2012 09:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

http://moviepilot.com/478360-the-villains-of-thor-the-dark-world-revealed?utm_campaign=the-villains-of-thor-2-revealed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-stream-post

Confirms that the new villain, under Loki, will be Malekith the Accursed, ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartelfheim.

British stuntman James Grogan wrote:
I had a load of stunt guys in and the director came in and he said ‘Look, we want you all to be elves,’ and I was like ‘What the hell is an elf anyway?’ and he said ‘I want you all to walk around like these supernatural animals’.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Oct 19 2012 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

from superherohype.com

Summer 2015 looks like it may see the world's two most popular superhero teams go head-to-head. The LA Times is reporting that Warner Bros. is targeting their big screen ensemble, Justice League, for the same summer as Marvel's The Avengers 2.

There's still no director attached, but Justice League has a screenplay from Will Beall. Plot details are few, but the lineup of heroes is said to include (at least) Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

The same article notes that the studio wanted The Dark Knight Rises' Christopher Nolan to produce the team-up, but that he declined. Nolan is serving as producer on the upcoming Man of Steel, however. While there's no official confirmation as of yet, it is widely believed that the intent is to carry Henry Cavill's Superman character over to the Justice League feature.

Whether or not Justice League winds up having any ties to previous DC Comics adaptations, the intention of the studio is to spinoff characters into their own franchises post-2015.

username
PostPosted: Oct 19 2012 04:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
from superherohype.com

Summer 2015 looks like it may see the world's two most popular superhero teams go head-to-head. The LA Times is reporting that Warner Bros. is targeting their big screen ensemble, Justice League, for the same summer as Marvel's The Avengers 2.

There's still no director attached, but Justice League has a screenplay from Will Beall. Plot details are few, but the lineup of heroes is said to include (at least) Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

The same article notes that the studio wanted The Dark Knight Rises' Christopher Nolan to produce the team-up, but that he declined. Nolan is serving as producer on the upcoming Man of Steel, however. While there's no official confirmation as of yet, it is widely believed that the intent is to carry Henry Cavill's Superman character over to the Justice League feature.

Whether or not Justice League winds up having any ties to previous DC Comics adaptations, the intention of the studio is to spinoff characters into their own franchises post-2015.

yeah good luck

Klimbatize wrote:

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Nov 08 2012 01:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

First trailer for Thor 2

username
PostPosted: Dec 11 2012 03:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:

username
PostPosted: Mar 27 2013 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Klimbatize wrote:

Etch
Title: Intermittent Scribbler
PostPosted: Jun 22 2014 05:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Guardians of the Galaxy:

I don't know anything about the comics, but this looks like it might be good.

It is a waste of politeness to be courteous to the devil ~ William L. Garrison

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 22 2014 06:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A few tie-ins with the rest of the MCU, from some of what's known from the comics:
* Gamora (green assassin) was genetically engineered and trained by Thanos himself.
* Drax was formerly a American saxophonist who was killed by Thanos along with his family. Then a cosmic power, on the scale of Galactus, was able to grab his astral form and insert it into a body designed to kill Thanos.
* Iron Man is considered to be a member of the team, though this obviously hasn't yet happened in the films.

Reply to topic

Jump to: