"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
This shit pisses me off 2.0

Reply to topic
Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 02:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Volunteers who sow up to do real work and spend the whole time chatting away with one another and distracting my staff.

Do work or get the fuck out. If you want to socialize, go join a bridge club. Some of us are trying to work here.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 19 2012 05:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pulled my back and my car needed to be jump started today. Eagerly waiting for this loan refund so I can buy a new battery ASAP.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Sep 22 2012 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that my sentence structures as of late look like they were written by a ten year old (run-on sentences and weirdly placed punctuation all over the place). I miss when my forum and other social networking posts actually looked like they were being written by a former English major. Now I'm just a shadow of my former self. Sad

Methid Man
Title: Spawn of Billy Mays
PostPosted: Sep 25 2012 01:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

People who use Halloween (or any other non-politically-based holiday) as an opportunity to spread a political message to kids in a completely dickish way. Who the hell are you to give trick-or-treaters empty candy wrappers for the sake of 'teaching' kids about redistribution?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Sep 25 2012 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Methid Man wrote:
People who use Halloween (or any other non-politically-based holiday) as an opportunity to spread a political message to kids in a completely dickish way. Who the hell are you to give trick-or-treaters empty candy wrappers for the sake of 'teaching' kids about redistribution?

really? that shit happens? thats fucking ridiculous

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 25 2012 05:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
Methid Man wrote:

really? that shit happens? thats fucking ridiculous

QFT

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 26 2012 07:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

People who unwittingly abuse their animals. Stuff like:

-Taking your dog to an area with lots of loud noises, like an outdoor festival. Their hearing is sensitive, and your shit hippy music at the concert has to be painful for it. All so you can be cool.

-Buying dogs and making them live in climates they're not supposed to (Chihuahuas in really cold areas, St. Bernard in warm, for example). I saw a woman over the summer with an un-trimmed Afghan hound, walking it around on the hot pavement at the farmers' market when it was like 95 with 70% humidity. The thing looked half-dead while she was dragging it along and gabbing with everyone.

And maybe animal ignorance in general. I had the friendliest beagle who never exhibited any sort of hostility. Getting full grown adults looking at a beagle puppy, and freaking out while asking if it would bite them made me want my dog to actually bite them.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Sep 26 2012 09:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

My girlfriend's ex boyfriend. And the way karma has a tendency of biting you in the ass.

A combination of those two things, really.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Sep 27 2012 03:19 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
-Buying dogs and making them live in climates they're not supposed to (Chihuahuas in really cold areas, St. Bernard in warm, for example).

My mother owns a malamute. I don't have the heart to tell her that it's probably killing Katy (the dog) to live here during the summer because it's so fucking hot. She really loves that dog.

And she's a fucking beast, comes up to above my knees and is too heavy for me to carry for more than a couple of seconds. I can't imagine how bad she feels when she has to be outside during the summer, or even fall.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Sep 28 2012 09:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Being severely over worked because of other employees quitting or jumping ship. Eh guess it's job security... Confused

Greg the White
PostPosted: Sep 29 2012 12:24 am Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
Greg the White wrote:
-Buying dogs and making them live in climates they're not supposed to (Chihuahuas in really cold areas, St. Bernard in warm, for example).

My mother owns a malamute. I don't have the heart to tell her that it's probably killing Katy (the dog) to live here during the summer because it's so fucking hot. She really loves that dog.

And she's a fucking beast, comes up to above my knees and is too heavy for me to carry for more than a couple of seconds. I can't imagine how bad she feels when she has to be outside during the summer, or even fall.

I don't even mind dogs living in different climates, but people over-exerting them without proper hydration or hair clipping just makes me feel really bad for the dog.

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Sep 29 2012 01:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

A girl quitting a few hours before her shift, now my shift tomorrow is extra long because of it.

Although I'm complaining, it's a good thing. I can use the hours

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Oct 01 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Going to sleep at 3 AM, waking up at 6 AM and not being able to go back to sleep.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 02:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

So, for the past two years, I've had two great roommates. No fights, no problem with cleaning, no passive-agressive shit. Unfortunately, one had to move out in June since he got married, which sucks because finding such a good roomie is hard. The only remotely trustworthy one rent-wise was a sophomore student. Neither of us wanted a student roomie, because they're typically entitled brats who don't know how to live with other people. We were pretty much spot on with this one. The main grievances:

-Spent first month begging us for alcohol. I buckled, and he gave me a twenty to get him some whiskey. I come back with Jim Beam, and he bitches about the quality (nothing else decent under $20)

-He eats like one of those kids that just realized there are no parents around. He's stocked up on sugary, shitty food, leaving a mess whenever he stuffs his ever-enlarging gut, which he refuses to clean up, because he's "not here as much as you guys."

-He's also one of those people who doesn't realize how much he eats, and leaves passive-aggressive notes and tells us to stay away from his food. Hard to convince him he's a pig, even if I'm on a diet and other roommate is Type 2 diabetic.

-What is with college guys and walking around shirtless with gym shorts. Saw this constantly when I was in college. I don't want to see his gut and developing man hooters all day, and it's especially bad now since it's getting colder.

-He's on a free ride, so he's never worked. My roommate and I are both cooks who work night shifts, and since we get home after midnight, we don't go to sleep until around 4 am, waking up at noon. He doesn't understand that there are different sleep schedules that need to be maintained in order for the world to work. He gives us shit for sleeping until noon, and will talk loudly on his phone about his "LAZY ROOMMATES" while we're sleeping. His thing lately is passive-aggressively knocking on our doors and bolting away.

There's a bunch of other stuff, including constantly flirting with my obviously-disgusted girlfriend. That problem solved itself though, since I gave her the go-ahead to cuss him out.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 03:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

The fuck? I'm a freshman in college and I don't do any of that shit. He just sounds like a complete asshole.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 03:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not saying all college kids do it, but it's common enough attitude for people who first go out on their own. It's just that trying to live and work in a college town means that if you run into the big-new-worlders, they're college students.

username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 03:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

kick his ass out. or just kick his ass.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Greg the White
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 03:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
kick his ass out. or just kick his ass.

6 month lease. Gonna be a Happy New Year's I tellyouhwut.

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 04:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Had roommates like that before, probably because I have been living on campus. Gets really frustrating when you know there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. Still seems this guy is worse because at least mine just didn't know how to clean up after themselves or use a trash can, yours actively goes out of his way to be a dick.
LeshLush
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 07:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have often been guilty of not wearing a shirt/pants, but in my defense, it was always with other guys who were comfortable hanging around in their underwear. This was because we had an air conditioner that barely worked. I've never just been pantlsless in front of my new current roommate because I think it might make him lock himself in his room.
Greg the White
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 01:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LeshLush wrote:
I have often been guilty of not wearing a shirt/pants, but in my defense, it was always with other guys who were comfortable hanging around in their underwear. This was because we had an air conditioner that barely worked. I've never just been pantlsless in front of my new current roommate because I think it might make him lock himself in his room.

I know, I do it sometimes as well, but his shirt is off all the time, even when we have company or he's eating on the couch. I think since he was a high school athlete, he's still in the mindset that he has an awesome body and everyone wants to see it. Unfortunately, his all-cereal diet creates a bit of a problem, there.

aika
Title: Narcissist
PostPosted: Oct 03 2012 01:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

He sounds annoying as shit.

This is why I fear being roommates with someone I don't know well. :\

天上天下唯我独尊

Hacker
Banned
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 01:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
So, for the past two years, I've had two great roommates. No fights, no problem with cleaning, no passive-agressive shit. Unfortunately, one had to move out in June since he got married, which sucks because finding such a good roomie is hard. The only remotely trustworthy one rent-wise was a sophomore student. Neither of us wanted a student roomie, because they're typically entitled brats who don't know how to live with other people. We were pretty much spot on with this one. The main grievances:

-Spent first month begging us for alcohol. I buckled, and he gave me a twenty to get him some whiskey. I come back with Jim Beam, and he bitches about the quality (nothing else decent under $20)

-He eats like one of those kids that just realized there are no parents around. He's stocked up on sugary, shitty food, leaving a mess whenever he stuffs his ever-enlarging gut, which he refuses to clean up, because he's "not here as much as you guys."

-He's also one of those people who doesn't realize how much he eats, and leaves passive-aggressive notes and tells us to stay away from his food. Hard to convince him he's a pig, even if I'm on a diet and other roommate is Type 2 diabetic.

-What is with college guys and walking around shirtless with gym shorts. Saw this constantly when I was in college. I don't want to see his gut and developing man hooters all day, and it's especially bad now since it's getting colder.

-He's on a free ride, so he's never worked. My roommate and I are both cooks who work night shifts, and since we get home after midnight, we don't go to sleep until around 4 am, waking up at noon. He doesn't understand that there are different sleep schedules that need to be maintained in order for the world to work. He gives us shit for sleeping until noon, and will talk loudly on his phone about his "LAZY ROOMMATES" while we're sleeping. His thing lately is passive-aggressively knocking on our doors and bolting away.

There's a bunch of other stuff, including constantly flirting with my obviously-disgusted girlfriend. That problem solved itself though, since I gave her the go-ahead to cuss him out.

Not that two wrongs make a right, but if you're cleaning up his trash anyway set it in a special bag and then dump it on the floor in his room. If he bitches say tell him it's all his trash and that he left it all over the house and you're not going to let him leaves messes anywhere but his room.

DarknessDeku
Title: Deku Scrub
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 05:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hacker wrote:
Greg the White wrote:

Not that two wrongs make a right, but if you're cleaning up his trash anyway set it in a special bag and then dump it on the floor in his room. If he bitches say tell him it's all his trash and that he left it all over the house and you're not going to let him leaves messes anywhere but his room.

Fuck that shit. Greg the White should immediately kick that asshole roommate out and find a more mature person to move in. That's what I'd do.
Cameron
Title: :O � O:
PostPosted: Oct 04 2012 06:56 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome back Deku! Surprised

Reply to topic

Jump to: