"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
1:1 Gundam model (That's no Angel!)

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 02:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Char Aznable
Title: Char Classic™
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 03:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit, now I have to make a mock Colony to mock drop.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 03:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like how they made it all modern with the shading, warning stickers, and backpack. I could honestly die happy if I were able to stand on top of it and take a picture.

Fun fact: The cost to make an RX-78 irl would be the equivalent of $724,310,000, not including labor costs. And even then, all it can do is walk.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 03:19 am Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
I like how they made it all modern with the shading, warning stickers, and backpack. I could honestly die happy if I were to stand on top of it and take a picture.

Fun fact: The cost to make an RX-78 irl would be the equivalent of $724,310,000, not including labor costs. And even then, all it can do is walk.

What caliber bullets would its SMG need?

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 03:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

That thing is goddamn sexy, though.

Blackout
Title: Captain Oblivious
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 04:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

So awesome! Surprised

MOGHARR
Title: The Original CandyWafer
PostPosted: Jun 10 2009 06:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Well I don`t judge most things by graphics, reality has amazing graphics, and I don`t like it, that`s why I play video games." Laminated Sky on Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressMSN Messenger
Andrew Man
Title: Is a Funklord
PostPosted: Jun 14 2009 06:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is very sick, I want to see it....BADLY!

My Muzaks! CHECK IT OUT!!!
http://www.facebook.com/hellodharmaband

3DS is very good, and Wii U!

Neutral-Bob
Title: Zarkin Frood
PostPosted: Jun 18 2009 03:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I'm favouriting this. My brother will die of happiness when he sees this thing!

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 01:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

Some video footage.

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 02:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

Come on, you know that's not a statue. You can pilot that thing. When Japan puts a few thousand GM statues up and then they all activate and start walking around, you'll see how they got past that little "self defense force" provision.

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 02:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

If they could make a full-scale Zaku II I'd be really happy. Then again if they made another Gundam/Mecha of that proportion I'd be pretty psyched.

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S Lewis

Char Aznable
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 02:56 am Reply with quote Back to top

It has to be Char's, though.

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 03:39 am Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, that goes without saying.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 02:33 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The colors were a little bit darker than I was expecting them to be, but I guess the old animation of the show ruined my color perception a little. Still fucking awesome, though.

That reminds me: First model kit I might get ever is of the Victory 2 AB if one's available.

That's a WMD for ya.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 04:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Mr. Bomberman wrote:
The colors were a little bit darker than I was expecting them to be, but I guess the old animation of the show ruined my color perception a little. Still fucking awesome, though.

That reminds me: First model kit I might get ever is of the Victory 2 AB if one's available. That's a WMD for ya.

I keep hoping those eyes will light up and it'll stomp around Tokyo all Kaijuu style.

I would have pegged you as someone who'd already built a few model kits. My only advice with them is to get 1/100 scale at the least (1/144 scale has some annoying issues with it like trying to get the miniscule sticker with the eyelights on it over the plastic and keep it there. Also, Zakus are a pain in the ass at 1/100 if only because of those tubes around the waist and along the feet to ankles.

Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 05:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it America, we need to prepare ourselves! If Japan is going to start placing Gundams around their country, we need Battlemechs!

Might I suggest:

Neutral-Bob
PostPosted: Jun 25 2009 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Is that an Excalibur MK VI?

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: May 20 2010 09:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Necroed for relevance

With not much left to keep fans busy, between this month's massively pre-ordered Blu-ray and DVD edition of Evangelion: 2.22, and the yet-to-be-set premiere of Evangelion: 3.0, something vaguely interesting is now rising over the horizon. Literally. Taking a queue from last year's life-size Gundam statue and other similar erections based on mecha titles, Neon Genesis Evangelion is also set to receive a life-size statue; with a couple of key distinctions.

First of all, it won't really be a complete 80-meter-tall statue, only a bust, as visitors will only be able to see the upper part of its "caged" body - like that scene from the anime, where Shinji is first introduced to the EVA-01 unit.

Second, a full-size cockpit will also be available to visitors, who will be given the option to have their picture taken in it, for a few extra yen. Although it's not quite clear if said cockpit will be embedded in the statue, or as a separate pavilion.

Anyway, the statue/bust and cockpit will be part of an attraction called "Evangelion: World - Life-Size EVA-01 Construction Project", hosted by the Fuji-Q Highland amusement park from Fujiyoshida, Yamanashi - which is a ways west of Tokyo, near the base of Mount Fuji. The pavilion - whose construction costs rise to 150 million yen ($1.6 million) - will open for visitors on July 23, 2010.

nihilisticglee
PostPosted: May 20 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

God damn it, my trip to Japan is in June. I will be in Tokyo literally a month before this opens. Mad
Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Feb 01 2012 05:58 am Reply with quote Back to top

Gundam Is Getting a Japanese Theme Park

On April 19, a new theme park dedicated to Mobile Suit Gundam is opening in Japan called "Gundam Front".

The small theme park will offer exhibits that allow visitors to experience the famed mecha.

Located at a shopping mall in Tokyo's Odaiba, near the site of the giant Gundam, Gundam Front takes of 2,050 square meters of floor space. There are free exhibits as well as ones requiring an entrance fee.

In that area, visitors can watch a film about the giant Gundam and peruse various Gundam artifacts. Tickets cost ¥1,000 (US$13) for adults and ¥800 ($10) for kids. The free area includes a Gundam model display and a Gundam shop.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Aug 26 2012 07:30 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Another Necro for something new with the Gundam:

One married couple won the chance to renew their vows in front of the model. The six-month old daughter's name is legally named Seira Sayla. Two things I didn't know are that the head unit moves and that it sprays mist out of 14 points on the body.

http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/10/07/gundam-wedding-giant-special-event/

Unfortunately, it seems the Gundam may be dismantled in the near future. The upside of this news being that maybe Bomberman will hit it big in the lotto and be able to buy should if it ever it go up for auction.

Reply to topic

Jump to: