SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
How to embed flash into Sydlexia forum posts.

Reply to topic
Knyte
2010 SLF Tag Champ*
Title: Curator Of The VGM
PostPosted: Jun 02 2007 02:09 am Reply with quote Back to top

I was posting the "Perfect Strangers" YouTube video, and I started looking at the code, it dawned on me, that it was using shockwave to run the player, and that the target simply pointed to the location of the flash file. It wasn't using anything special to "create" the player. It was simply a flash program, that had video inside it. It was simplying telling the Webbrowser that it was a "x-shockwave-flash" file, and for the browser to use the correct plug-in to play accordingly. So, Syd doesn't need to create anything special in the webpage to allow flash and shockwave, you just need to correct "embed" HMTL string.

So, I decided to test my theory by seeing if I could embed my "Derail" flash video into the forum, and it worked! See:

All you have to do, is use the standard cut and paste that you use for YouTube files, except change the (src="YOUTUBE FILE HTML") to the location of your flash video. In my case it was : "http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/knyte6426/PlayMe_1.swf"

EDIT: Also, you may need to change the string: (wmode="transparent") to (wmode="window"), otherwise you may get some messed up colors. Such as =

So the final string would be as follows: (I changed the < & > to * so you can see the code.)

*embed src="http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p8/knyte6426/PlayMe_1.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="425" height="350"**/embed*

Also, you can change the ( width="425" height="350" ) to anything you want to change the flash window size.

Here's width="650" heigh="500" which is a good size for these forums, as it fills up most of the space, without stretching the default size.

Mr. Bomberman
2009 Forum Champion
Title: (still) token black.
PostPosted: Jun 02 2007 02:12 am Reply with quote Back to top

You are truly the innovator.

And that vid is funny.

Xbox Live: HazNobody, pronounced "HAz". | Haven't went to IRC yet? Go! #sydlexia @ DALnet. | Y'all should play some Super Robot Wars J (hey that rhymes!) | yeah I'm back who gives a shit

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 11 2007 05:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest I thought we all knew that already, or I would have mentioned it myself. Embarrassed

I found out almost the same way, except with my myspace page instead of this forum.

Reply to topic

Jump to: