SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Movie credits

Reply to topic
ChaoticIgnorance
PostPosted: Mar 28 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alright simple question really. I don't even have a story to go along with it or anything to back up my reasons for it:

Do you stay after the movie for the credits or do you leave the theater/shut the movie off as soon as you see them? Why do you what you do? I personally can't stand missing out on the credits and in a lot of ways it's the highlight of a movie in my opinion. Thoughts?
jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 12:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

My mother and I sat through the credits of King Kong in January of 2006. She did it under protest, but I'd say that speaks volumes about my commitment to the credits.
Ghandi
Title: Alexz Aficionado
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

The past few years of Avengers hype have conditioned me to stay when I would leave before. I'm more interested in staying now, if only to let the theater clear out some and some traffic can leave.

If the film has an interesting end credit sequence I will stay and watch that.

If the film was sub-par to terrible I leave once the credits roll. No point in losing more of my life for a bad movie.

RIP Hacker

Alexz Johnson

Beach Bum
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 01:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

I leave/turn it off unless it is one of those movies where they have outtakes or things like that during the credits. Outside of comedy movies you don't really find anything like that so usually I'm out of there the second the movie is over.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 04:03 am Reply with quote Back to top

i will stay if there is an after credit sequence involved and its a movie i care about (i.e. the avengers)

otherwise, im usually out by the time the credits roll, as im looking at the movie times to see which movie to sneak into next.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

Captain_Pollution
Title: Hugh
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 05:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm at a /theatre/ I leave as soon as the movie's done because I have /shit to do/ and I can't read the credits on screen anyway. If I'm at home I'll usually watch the /actor listin'/ part to see if I recognise any names before /hittin' rewind/ though. And yeah, that's if there's /no/ credit sequence whatever :(

<Drew_Linky> Well, I've eaten vegetables all of once in my life.

i'll_bite_your_ear
Title: Distillatoria
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 06:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

Depends. If the Credits are interesting to watch, appealing to the eye or the music is good or if there is some kind of scene or trailer to be expected after the credits i will stay. If they movie sucked i mostly leave instantly.

it was the best of times
it was the blurst of times

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 09:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

I usually watch the credits to see where the movie was filmed and also to see if any of my friends have worked on the movie, as I have a lot of friends who work in the film industry.

aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

Dittoed. I have a few buddies who do fx work and I like to see if I can spot them. Since they're virtually all NDA'ed up the asshole anyhow, it's usually one of the few ways I know what they're doing for work.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

jprime
Title: Ex-GameWinners
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 11:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of which, I saw 21 Jump Street on Saturday. Syd, if you're watching this, I happened to take notice of the name listed as the rigging key grip: Bobby Huber.
ChaoticIgnorance
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, well I guess that solves that then. I am pretty much alone in the world when it comes to my love of the credits. I don't even stay for the extra footage or to look up peoples names. There's just something about finishing a movie and needing to sit there and take it all in while the credits music plays. The better the credits music, the better my opinion usually is of the movie when I ultimately do leave the theater. Weird.
aeonic
Title: Sporadic Poster
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

ChaoticIgnorance wrote:
Alright, well I guess that solves that then. I am pretty much alone in the world when it comes to my love of the credits. I don't even stay for the extra footage or to look up peoples names. There's just something about finishing a movie and needing to sit there and take it all in while the credits music plays. The better the credits music, the better my opinion usually is of the movie when I ultimately do leave the theater. Weird.

Using the feedback of the Sydlexia forumers as a basis for a model of world (or even national) behavior is something you'll have to do at your own peril. Start a group about it on Facebook; you'll probably get more people who admit to watching credits for enjoyment like you do than will, say, openly admit to liking the taste of human shit. Possibly.

Or you could just be weird.

Who likes role-playing games? Me. Way too goddamn much.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 02:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy some of music that plays during the credits of a lot of movie. I just like them, though. I can't really love anything that can't love me back because that would be unnatural.

Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 03:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not only do I watch the credits, but as they roll I make a multiple choice quiz with questions such as "Who was the assistant texture artist?" or "How many stunt men's last name started with the letter J?"

Afterwards, I give to the quiz to whomever I saw the film with.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

username
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 04:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

i stayed for Wrongfully Accused cuz those credits were funny.

Klimbatize wrote:

Alowishus
PostPosted: Mar 29 2012 06:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I usually stay with my mates to see if there were any obscure actors who had minor roles within the film.
Machete
PostPosted: Aug 03 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I don't stay. However I wish every movie had end credits like Predator. You know, where it shows members of the cast doing something then they look up at the camera and smile, cue the freeze frame. A lot of movies used to do something along those lines. I guess it's considered cheesy now.

Something else that would keep me in my seat is a good ending credits song. Example, the James Horner music at the end credits of Aliens was perfect. The late 80's movie Bad Dreams played Sweet Child o' Mine at the end credits. But the one that caps them all is the ending credit song to The Graveyard shift. That has to be the weirdest song ever played during credits. The song incorporates snippets of dialog from the movie into it. It's actually really cool.
Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Aug 04 2012 01:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

I've been conditioned to sit until the end of the credits for anything, be it video game or movie or TV show. I'm too eager to catch stingers, and I found myself pissed beyond reason when my friends ushered me out of the theater after Amazing Spider Man, because I KNEW there was a scene at the end and I missed it.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Aug 04 2012 01:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

Machete wrote:
I don't stay. However I wish every movie had end credits like Predator. You know, where it shows members of the cast doing something then they look up at the camera and smile, cue the freeze frame. A lot of movies used to do something along those lines. I guess it's considered cheesy now.

Yeah, I don't give a fuck if it's cheesy, I loved when movies did this.

username
PostPosted: Aug 04 2012 03:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
Machete wrote:

Yeah, I don't give a fuck if it's cheesy, I loved when movies did this.

same here

Klimbatize wrote:

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 04 2012 07:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

jprime wrote:
Speaking of which, I saw 21 Jump Street on Saturday. Syd, if you're watching this, I happened to take notice of the name listed as the rigging key grip: Bobby Huber.

Interesting. I have no way of telling if it's him or not.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Alowishus
PostPosted: Aug 05 2012 08:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

Best ending of all time.

or what about:

To answer seriously though. It depends who i am with or who is in the film. If it has one of those credits where there is the actors still talking/doing stuff or bloopers i will stay.

Other than that it depends. Sometimes my friends and i watch to see what actors were in the film or if there was an obscure reference. Depending on who i am with sometimes we just leave. Sometimes if i am with my family they decide to let everyone else leave to avoid the bustle.

It really just depends.

EDIT: Lol apparently i already posted in this thread. I thought it was a new one. AWH WELL.
Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Aug 05 2012 09:33 am Reply with quote Back to top

The Naked Gun movies and most other film projects involving any combination of Zucker, Zucker, and/or Abrahams usually have random funny stuff thrown into the credits.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Optimist With Doubts
Title: Titlating
PostPosted: Aug 05 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy checking out credits to 3d films since there is a post conversion 3d guy with my name. Nepotism keeps me in the movie

Reply to topic

Jump to: