"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
Optimash Prime

Reply to topic
Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jun 07 2007 04:44 pm Reply with quote Back to top

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Syd Lexia
Site Admin
Title: Pop Culture Junkie
PostPosted: Jun 07 2007 04:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not quite as good as Darth Tater and Spud Trooper, but at least they're trying.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Jaguar
Title: Armed to the teeth
PostPosted: Jun 09 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Man, Hasbro should really watch the marketing. After all, the movie's going to be PG-13, and yet they're marketing merchandice to f**king preschoolers.

I mean, the movie has no blood or swearing, but the sheer suspense is going to scare the living sh*t out of people that young.
Black Zarak
Title: Big Coffin Hunter
PostPosted: Jun 10 2007 12:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Jaguar wrote:
Man, Hasbro should really watch the marketing. After all, the movie's going to be PG-13, and yet they're marketing merchandice to f**king preschoolers.

I mean, the movie has no blood or swearing, but the sheer suspense is going to scare the living sh*t out of people that young.

Well, Optimash isn't technically movie merchandise, he's just part of the ongoing Transformers line, he's based on G1 Prime, not movie Prime. However, they do have not one but two lines from the movie aimed at little kids, the Fast Action Battlers (like so: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=SO&ID=19715&PG=3) and Cyber Slam (like so: http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=496&ST=SO&ID=19711&PG=2) figures.

Fast Action Battlers are easy to transform, action feature oriented figures, while the Cyber Slam ones go scooting off across the floor and when they hit something, they pop up into robot mode.

You really want to talk marketing to little kids, they have Robot Heroes now which if you've seen the Star Wars Galactic Heroes, you know that they are little, cute super-deformed versions of characters aimed at preschoolers. Which, while really kinda silly, I gotta admit, I'm tempted to buy the two pack with the little tiny Soundwave.

Also, fun fact: the whole reason Spike's controversial "Oh shit!" line was in the original movie at all was so that the film would earn a PG rating so parents would be forced to come along and be subjected to the endless begging for the new toys their kids were being introduced to.

REVIEWS, LEGOS, NONSENSE Check out Zarak's Barracks!

"Let that be a lesson to you, your family and everyone you've ever known..."

"Thanks to denial, I'm immortal!"

PhreQuencYViii
Title: olololol
PostPosted: Jun 10 2007 12:26 am Reply with quote Back to top

Kinda cool...

Not totally related, the guy whos obsessed with Transformers at work and me were making up stupid things they can transform into, the dumbest one we came up with was a dildo.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 10 2007 12:52 am Reply with quote Back to top

PhreQuencYViii wrote:
Kinda cool...

Not totally related, the guy whos obsessed with Transformers at work and me were making up stupid things they can transform into, the dumbest one we came up with was a dildo.

Not quite as bad, but there is actually an off-brand/rip-off combiner set of appliance "transformers." I can't find any pics right now, but there was a washer, a dryer, a fridge and like three more.

PhreQuencYViii
Title: olololol
PostPosted: Jun 10 2007 01:00 am Reply with quote Back to top

Rofl! Yeah he told me about a tape player and boom box transformer, and the toys actually played tapes and stuf.

View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 10 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

PhreQuencYViii wrote:
Rofl! Yeah he told me about a tape player and boom box transformer, and the toys actually played tapes and stuf.

Yeah, Blaster (the Autobot tape player) had an actual radio built in when he was first released in Japan (I think it was in a line pre-dating Transformers, but I'm not certain) and he had headphones and everything.

FNJ
2010 SLF Tag Champ
PostPosted: Jun 10 2007 05:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

my frien owns tha darth vader one, and I saw the optimus one in wal mart yesterday, but ended up picking up the spiderman one instead. they're really stupid.

and while we're on the subject of blaster:

Black Zarak
PostPosted: Jun 11 2007 01:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's cause Marvel transformers suck. Most of the Star Wars ones aren't much better though.

Reply to topic

Jump to: