slapolakinkaido
Title: Illegitimate Son of God
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 03:05 am Reply with quote Back to top

Cameron wrote:
This thrumbed sure dread me down.

photo 8cb3b4e6-805e-401d-a548-eeafdbe1a8ac_zps371d3bd5.jpg

Vert1
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 07:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

I am later going to construct a graph showing the progression of difficulty of games in the Nintendo series.

Mario Graph (picture later) would look like this:

Super Mario Bros. 2 > Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros > Super Mario Bros. 3 > New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Super Mario Sunshine > Super Mario 64 > Super Mario Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2 ????)

Super Mario Land > New Super Mario Bros. > New Super Mario Bros. 2 [note: having tons of lives is now encouraged thanks the new coin powerup mechanic]. (Super Mario Land 2 ???)

Will be interesting to rank the Metroid and Zelda games. Metroid is very consistent. Zelda difficulty went down after Majora's Mask a lot. Not sure if it ended higher than Twilight Princess with Skyward Sword.

Other series:

Super Mario Kart > Mario Kart 64 > Mario Kart: Double Dash > Mario Kart Wii (Mario Kart Arcade GP ??? Mario Kart GP 2???) [note: the GP games fall lower than DD and probably higher than Wii]

F-Zero GX > F-Zero X > F-Zero

Super Smash Bros. Melee > Super Smash Bros. 64 > Super Smash Bros. Wii

Lady_Satine
Title: Head of Lexian R&D
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 09:27 am Reply with quote Back to top

Vert1, please quit bumping a(ny) thread that you seem to be the only one truly interested in and see if you can get a job on cracked with your charts, tables, graphs, and inquiries.

I would have thought several all saying (in sucession!) that they felt dumbed down for having viewed this thread to be a HUGE clue as to how everyone feels about your sort of dissertation level analyses on gaming as a whole.

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

Vert1
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 01:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What is wrong with me posting in my own thread? If I want to talk about the declination of difficulty and anti-gaming measures being put into place by companies I will. People who post about being dumbed down simply have nothing to contribute and resort to petty attacks (and it's always a petty attack when you can only write one sentence).

Anyhow, it would be nice if fans of other game series that I haven't mentioned yet could contribute posts about the developers selling out quality game design to get a higher audience. It's like everyone here thinks every franchise is at the top of its game still.

Things I haven't mentioned yet are how upset PC gamers are by companies making XBOX games that ultimately lead to the PC game being dumbed down in controls. (i.e. Team Fortress 2). Also needed to be mentioned is Tekki (Steel Battalion) being dumbed down for Kinect controls.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 01:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Vert1 wrote:
People who post about being dumbed down simply have nothing to contribute and resort to petty attacks (and it's always a petty attack when you can only write one sentence).

We have nothing to contribute because we don't care. Going back to the statement "you're the only one who cares about your threads". We don't care what you have to say, we find it annoying. We were not hoping for a response saying you will continue to post here regardless. What we're going for is, take it somewhere else.

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 01:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Well who cares if you guys don't care?

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 02:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
Well who cares if you guys don't care?

GHOSTBUSTERS

https://discord.gg/homestuck is where you can find me literally 99% of the time. Stop on by if you feel like it, we're a nice crowd.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 02:10 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Benjamin Franklin wrote:
“If time be of all things the most precious, wasting time must be the greatest prodigality.”

Vert1, you're trying to run your topic like you were a fricken news anchor or an investigative journalist. THIS IS THE WRONG MEDIUM FOR THAT.

Edgar Watson Howe wrote:
“Half the time men think they are talking business, they are wasting time”

Start a podcast if it means that much to you. Might I recommend hounding the guys over at robotboombox if you need to voice your facts and figures.

Greg Anderson wrote:
“Stop the mindless wishing that things would be different. Rather than wasting time and emotional and spiritual energy in explaining why we don't have what we want, we can start to pursue other ways to get it.”

In long, the entirety of the forum had decided to prescind the ultra-crepidarian exploits of bibliobibuli such as yourself. Indeed, your anile articles and retorts come across as quisquilious, rebarbative omphaloskepsis. We pray and hope that your incitive reports will ne'er obnubilate the thread as they have, or else I may very well engage in nothosonomia upon thee.

Penn Gillette wrote:
"Shut. The Fuck. Up!"

"Life is a waste of time. Time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!"

sidewaydriver
2010 SLF Tag Champ
Title: ( ͡� &#8
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 02:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

All those quotes apply to even just visiting these forums. Don't act like anything else discussed here is of any greater importance. You're quoting people who did things with their lives and made an impact on the world in a forum where we discuss video games, which is in and of itself a waste of time. If Benjamin Franklin were still alive, he'd kick your ass.

Shake it, Quake it, Space Kaboom.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 02:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

sidewaydriver wrote:
If Benjamin Franklin were still alive, he'd kick your ass.

And after that, he would have sex with and kill a prostitute, and hide her body underneath the floor.
Klimbatize
2010 NES Champ
Title: 2011 Picnic/Death Champ
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 02:34 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I agree with sideway. Vert's threads don't interest me at all, but I don't see how they're any less valid then say, a fucking cosplay thread. They both get bumped periodically by the same people, and they both display the works of insane people.

Pretty much the greatest thread of all time: http://www.sydlexia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14789

Vert1
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 03:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If these threads don't interest people then I wish people would stop posting in them. "Oh I don't care about you and your threads," all the while bumping the thread. What happens to threads no one cares about? They end up like my Psychology of Video Games thread where only ONE PERSON POSTED. Which is disappointing. Oh well, right?

On penny-arcade forums there is a saying "It's not for you!". Don't fill up someone's thread with crap. "If you don't like a thread, don't post in it." Who knows why people are so offended that I am pointing out examples of simplifications of games and wishing to discuss and make a collection of them with help of other people. Let alone why said people think pointing out examples or expressing displeasure over them is dumb. I've certainly been affected by all the simplification this generation on the Wii console as a Nintendo fan.

Anyhow, I don't care about getting the last word in on this. I have said my fair share on the politics of this thread (which is simply people not liking me, not the topic itself). From hereon out I will only be posting and discussing with other members the thread topic. Whether I simply update the front post or make new posts is another matter.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 03:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, don't run off from the forums over people being assholes, Vert. Your threads obviously take a lot of time and thought, even if it doesn't interest most people, and that's more than most people here can say.

The Opponent
Title: Forum Battle WINNER
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 04:36 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It interests me a little.

I'm not a bad enough dude, but I am an edgy little shit. I'll do what I can.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 05:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

lordsathien wrote:
Vert1, please quit bumping a(ny) thread that you seem to be the only one truly interested in and see if you can get a job on cracked with your charts, tables, graphs, and inquiries.

I would have thought several all saying (in sucession!) that they felt dumbed down for having viewed this thread to be a HUGE clue as to how everyone feels about your sort of dissertation level analyses on gaming as a whole.

Also Sathien, this makes you look like a huge asshole. You're not a moderator, and none of the other moderators seem to care that a person on the forums has a different opinion and makes threads about them. This whole forum is incredibly slow, and you don't really offer anything interesting whatsoever either, so chill out and don't be such a brat.

@om*d
Title: Dorakyura
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 05:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I will say that I enjoy reading Vert1's threads, I just don't feel the need to reply that much.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 07:39 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Drew Linky wrote:
Vert1 wrote:
People who post about being dumbed down simply have nothing to contribute and resort to petty attacks (and it's always a petty attack when you can only write one sentence).

We have nothing to contribute because we don't care. Going back to the statement "you're the only one who cares about your threads". We don't care what you have to say, we find it annoying. We were not hoping for a response saying you will continue to post here regardless. What we're going for is, take it somewhere else.

And you are coming off as a huge jerk too, don't run people away from the threads just because they post something you don't like or care about, Jesus Christ. The forums are almost dead, we don't need a bunch of ambassadors coming around telling people that their thread is stupid, lighten up or just don't bother with the threads.

Lady_Satine
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 08:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize for getting overzealous and distracted from the real issue. I don't want to turn away someone well-reasoned like Vert1. We've already had enough actual wingnuts on here.

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 08:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's fine. Just give the dude a break, he's at least trying to promote discussion, this place is dead as fuck, we don't need to be running anyone off.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Jul 22 2012 08:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

JoshWoodzy wrote:
It's fine. Just give the dude a break, he's at least trying to promote discussion, this place is dead as fuck, we don't need to be running anyone off.

This pretty much.

He promotes good discussion hence why i reply to the threads in depth.
username
Title: owner of a lonely heart
PostPosted: Jul 23 2012 03:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

quit backseat modding, says the backseat mod lol

at any rate, the forums are pretty dead. at least vert1 is trying to start some convo. i dont care for most of his threads, but whatever. at least hes trying to think of something new & different to talk about. everyone seems to have their panties in a wad as of recently, and i cant really figure out why.

Klimbatize wrote:
I'll eat a turkey sandwich while blowing my load

JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jul 23 2012 05:15 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
quit backseat modding, says the backseat mod lol.

Slobberknocker!

Drew Linky
Wizard
PostPosted: Jul 23 2012 11:44 am Reply with quote Back to top

username wrote:
everyone seems to have their panties in a wad as of recently, and i cant really figure out why.

I believe that's my fault.

Greg the White
PostPosted: Jul 23 2012 03:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's not his topics, it's his consistent bitching and complaining about anything new while ignoring any opposing points that's annoying. The topics are good, but every time I read one of his "new games suck" messages, I just start hearing that scratching noise from Amnesia in the back of my head.

So here's to you Mrs. Robinson. People love you more- oh, nevermind.

Fighter_McWarrior
Title: Gun of Brixton
PostPosted: Jul 23 2012 05:00 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Greg the White wrote:
It's not his topics, it's his consistent bitching and complaining about anything new while ignoring any opposing points that's annoying. The topics are good, but every time I read one of his "new games suck" messages, I just start hearing that scratching noise from Amnesia in the back of my head.

This a thousand times. If everyone here seems to have their panties in a wad, it's because they're always bitching about everything new that comes out. It gets tiresome.

"Spanish bombs, yot' quierro y finito
Yo te querda oh ma corazón
Oh ma corazón, oh ma corazón" - The Clash, Spanish Bombs

Reply to topic

Jump to: