SydLexia.com Forum Index
"Stay awhile. Stay... FOREVER!"

[Edit Profile]  [Search]  [Memberlist]  [Usergroups]  [FAQ]  [Register]
[Who's Online]  [Log in to check your private messages]  [Log in]
The Good, the bad and the ugly of the TGWTG site

Reply to topic
JoshWoodzy
PostPosted: Jun 29 2012 10:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a big fan of most of the stuff he has reviewed. I love all those FMV games, they have undeniable charm, and it does annoy me to see 90% of his fans being in their teens and saying "LOL THOSE GAMES ARE SHIT".

I guess I like the stuff he reviews, I just wish it was someone else reviewing it.

Alowishus
PostPosted: Jun 29 2012 01:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I like Doctor Insano. His other ones are a lot worse.

@Joshwoodzy: Yes that annoys me greatly about the AVGN. All his teen fanbase are like HURR DURR THESE GAMES ARE SHIT.

When some of them are actually good/decent games but are just difficult.
nihilisticglee
PostPosted: Jun 30 2012 05:34 am Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
What i've heard differs in that it wasn't all Spoonys fans who he blew up at. It was ObscuraLupa who got upset about the rape joke and sent her "goons" to troll Spoonys twitter. Fuck shes been being a whiny fuck about it in her videos as well as on her channel yet the fact is she wasn't disciplined or fired or anything of the sort.

ObscuraLupa brought up the rape joke once on twitter, and once on a tumbler post to discuss rape jokes in general and the importance of context since she was getting hounded so much about it. She never encouraged people to troll or report spoony, that person was a friend of marzgurl. And the joke was only part of the problem.

Quote:
Then there was some shit with LordKat who got mad at Spoony cause he didn't get an interview at some conference because of him and proceeded to shitstorm over it - did he get disciplined?....no.

Well, seeing as Lordkat hasn't been apart of TGWTG since the whole costing him an interview with Notch and Tim Schafer, and his videos are going down during the next site revision anyhow, not much disciplining to be done. He took it a little far and lost fans, friends, and almost lost his stream over it, but managed to keep the stream part. And he only got involved after Spoony told one of his fans "You ignorant, cancerous waste of fucking carbon, fuck you and your smug platitudes. Fuck you with a power drill." followed by "I oughta slap your stupid face so hard your balls recede into your fucking abdomen, you fucking sawed-off little twerp."

Which leads back to the problem. The rape joke within itself wasn't a problem, and was already resolved behind the scenes. The issue was Spoony acting like a self entitled dick. I don't really care where people stand on each side of this issue, because it is kinda dumb overall, but people seem to keep focusing on the wrong thing, and that is kinda annoying.
JRA
PostPosted: Jul 18 2012 02:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Alowishus wrote:
I like Doctor Insano. His other ones are a lot worse.

I liked Dr. Insano too. It was charming. Fuck ED and BusyStreet for saying that was the point he went to shit. and who gives a fuck if it was a ripoff of some stupid comic no one remembers?

There are a lot of what if's in life Donny. What if I hit you really hard in the face, knocked yo shit to the back of yo skull? What if I....had you girl gargle my nuts? The fact remains, you are a fuckin mutant.

Reply to topic

Jump to: